Jump to content
gamblertuba

Wave 5 to be Announced Saturday? Where's the speculation?

Recommended Posts

It would be interesting to see whether the Seps get the, most likely, popular speculated Droid tri-fighter or something more obscure like the HMP droid gunship (my vote because a Medium base heavy fighter would give the Seps some good variety).  For the Republic, the space variation of the LAAT seems likely, probably called the LAAT/s- giving both Clone Wars factions a heavier ship in the same Wave is a good move for balancing. Otherwise, we'll probably see  A-wing for Rebels, the TIE Interceptor for Imperial, either the new TIE Interceptor/fo or the Upsilon re-release for the First Order, and then either a brand new ship (from ep IX) or a re-release of the Falcon for Resistance. Scum, meh- they have a lot of options to re-release, but with the Starviper becoming Hyperspace legal it seems likely that they will re-release it as well.

 

I would love some info on Epic and/or card-only packs. In fact, I'd rather have those announced at the Celebration than Wave V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

 

Scum:  Starviper.  Hands down.  With cool S-Foil flappy action!  And a slick new reverse black and white Black Sun paint job.  And a pony.  I really want a pony.

 

If those wings articulate in the same ball bark as accurate, i will replace my entire Starviper squadron just to have that. And maybe an extra for painting. And another cause what's self control.

And that pony better be made of diamonds, that's how the Prince would have wanted it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shwarrz said:

Republic needs large base, CiS does not have medium ship - so "Twilight" for Rep and "Jango's Slave" for CIS.

I hope they do what they did for the Havoc and have a Sep and Scum Jango, or give him a "Scum or Sep with..." ruling, cause he was only really a Sep that one time. Same with the inevitable Cad Bane and a couple other bounty hunters from TCW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm calling it now, card packs and the announcement will take great pains to tout the virtues of the Lumpawaroo crew card for the Rebels. Jar-Jar and  Death Star mouse droid will also get a nod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republic: I'd expect the LAAT or Nu-class shuttle before the Twilight, though we know how ffg loves its hero ships (we have 3 Falcons). That or the Republic Y-wing (or both) so that the two new factions have ordnance carriers/bombers.

Separatist: Trifighter probably. most sep ships are small with the exception of the droid gunship and ships used by bounty hunters and privateers so they will probably have to stretch for medium and large base ships. i'm glad that the Infiltrator got put in, but if not for the comics it's a bit of a stretch for it to be Separatist, though I don't know where else it'd be.

FO and Resistance: Maybe stuff from Resistance like the FO interceptor or or the fireball, but I have a sneaking suspicion (with 0 evidence) that that stuff will come in a special release set. Probably re-releases, gives them a wave before stuff from IX.

Everything else: Probably re-releases unfortunately. Id love to see Legends stuff come in, but I somehow doubt that they will. But I never thought the Assault Gunboat would come in so I've been wrong before, and in this case, it will be a pleasant surprise.

And now on to THE WISH LIST!!!!

Epic, obvs

Rebel, T-wing: no idea what it would be as its defining characteristic is that it was supposed to be better than the a wing but wasn't so the rebels sold it.

Empire, Missile Boat: I know that's what the Arsenal Loadout for the Star Wing is but I don't care, the missile boat is the true Imperial ordnance platform. Make it like an ordnance focused version of an E-wing or something I don't know, I'm not a game designer.

Scum: Either the Rogue class fighter that Cad Bane uses in TCW or the Gauntlet "fighter" scaled to fit a large base. I think it's already there, but Wookiepedia has some ridiculous size numbers listed. If the Rogue, include a Rako Hardeen crew that has a force ability cause its actually an undercover Obi-wan because it would make me laugh. If they announce Epic, I'd like my second scum epic ship. Given how much representation SWG has in game, the AEG-77 Vigo would be a good fit for the scum corvette I think (even though it's size isnt stated any where so it might not be big enough, but it's not cannon so they can fudge that). I'd also settle for a Cloackshape fighter.

Resistance: T-85 X-wing. My roommate will like that. Although its only been in a little bit of a TV show so I don't know what they'd base its capabilities off of. Include a configuration that gives it a cloak as a reference to Poe's joke in the TLJ novel.

FO: FO Tie Bomber, ordnance is fun. Maybe the interceptor from resistance, but like I said, I am suspecting a special release for that show.

Republic, LAAT: With a configuration that lets you drop an AT-TE on a rock to act like a turret with a properly scaled model on its own special base. Do this and take my money FFG.

Separatist, TriFighter: If only because it'll be so friggen small (its 5.4 meters long) and I want to see how that'll shake out in the model. And I'm interested to see how it'll stand out from the Tie Interceptor as, from everything I've read about it, it should have the same 3/3/3 stat line.

Special Release, Ugly ship kit builder: A system for building and using your own customized Uglies with special rules for different combinations. engines give you your dial, fuselage gives access to certain upgrades, cockpit give access to others and your available pilot abilities. Make 'em snappable for easy construction/deconstruction, make a new app for managing them and the point costs for various combinations. Or if that's all too much, just boxset with the best looking uglies that they have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

Scum: Either the Rogue class fighter that Cad Bane uses in TCW or the Gauntlet "fighter" scaled to fit a large base. I think it's already there, but Wookiepedia has some ridiculous size numbers listed. If the Rogue, include a Rako Hardeen crew that has a force ability cause its actually an undercover Obi-wan because it would make me laugh. 

I want a separatist rogue class starfighter with generic I4 IG-100 MagnaGuard pilots !

_20190411_160718.JPG.b185391d5bd4490cf6355e43200cfe42.JPG

Edited by Ximatique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HaranHaste said:

I'm surprised no one has said the V-Wings. Maybe a 3 attack, 3 agility ship with little hull and shields as it is an interceptor.

Because the Republic already has a very versatile ace in the Aethersprite. It would be more balanced to release the LAAT and/or Y-Wing first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shwarrz said:

Republic needs large base, CiS does not have medium ship - so "Twilight" for Rep and "Jango's Slave" for CIS.

I'd be totally ok with the Republic not having any Large ships.  It would be a neat bit of faction identity if they were Small and Medium only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaranHaste said:

I'm surprised no one has said the V-Wings. Maybe a 3 attack, 3 agility ship with little hull and shields as it is an interceptor.

V-wing would be cool, but based on the sound of their engines at the end of Revenge of the Sith, I really thought they were trying to imply that the V-wing is the precursor to the TIE fighter, so I wasn't expecting 3 attack. I guess I could see it more like a TIE interceptor; I hadn't really thought about that possibility before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

V-wing would be cool, but based on the sound of their engines at the end of Revenge of the Sith, I really thought they were trying to imply that the V-wing is the precursor to the TIE fighter, so I wasn't expecting 3 attack. I guess I could see it more like a TIE interceptor; I hadn't really thought about that possibility before.

I keep thinking that an interesting mechanic would be a 2 attack ship that could reduce it's damage to a maximum of 1, spend a charge, and make another 2 dice attack. Probably only against ships with 2 or more agility- it would kinda suck to be doing basically auto damage against a lot of ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

I keep thinking that an interesting mechanic would be a 2 attack ship that could reduce it's damage to a maximum of 1, spend a charge, and make another 2 dice attack. Probably only against ships with 2 or more agility- it would kinda suck to be doing basically auto damage against a lot of ships.

So a fixed arc version of 1.0 TLT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

Dont bet on epic, as it only just finished development.

The thing about Epic is that it it would basically only need a conversion kit (at least at first).  So no need for printing new miniatures or anything fancy; just a few dials (maybe), tokens and you're basically set.  Once the mechanics are fleshed out, getting from developpment to production should be relatively pain free (I hope).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Because the Republic already has a very versatile ace in the Aethersprite. It would be more balanced to release the LAAT and/or Y-Wing first.

LAAT (or one of the shuttles) would also be a great way to introduce Republic crew cards as currently the selection is... well, Palpatine shouting "I am the crew cards"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

If those wings articulate in the same ball bark as accurate, i will replace my entire Starviper squadron just to have that. And maybe an extra for painting. And another cause what's self control.

And that pony better be made of diamonds, that's how the Prince would have wanted it

******ed right those wings articulate somewhat accurately.  And we ALL get a free Buttstallion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...