gamblertuba

Wave 5 to be Announced Saturday? Where's the speculation?

I think a fair bit of the speculation was in the Adepticon threads and it petered out. Too kick it off if people want to start it back up here: Epic 2.0 official announcement with approximate release schedule starting with conversion kits for the 1.0 huge ships. 1 or 2 rereleases for the 5 conversion factions. A new ship for Resistance (a fighter of some sort, either a Y-Wing variant or a ship some of the Ace fighters in the Resistance series were based on), FO (Bomber or maybe Interceptor), Republic (a LAAT variant or ETA-2) and Seps (thinking trifighter or the droid gunship). Scum might have one of the Uglies that cropped up in Resistance announced as well (possibly the Galleon as its initial 2.0 Epic release). Empire may have the LAAT/le crop up as a small based crew carrier (if so I think Rebel rereleases will center around the "Rebels" series since the LAAT/le factored in a bit there and in some of the Clone Wars).

I mean, I've seen quite a few posts speculating what's to come in Wave 5. Just maybe not this week.

Predictions are all fairly standard at this point anyway, thanks to the recent additions to Hyperspace.

We know it's going to be the A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, Star Viper and probably TIE Bomber for Rebel, Imperial and Scum re-releases. I'd bet the Upsilon and Starfortress will be the First Order and Resistance releases. 

That just leaves (probably) an expansion each for Republic and Separatists as the only new content of the wave.

My guess would be either the Nu-class Attack Shuttle or Clone Y-Wing to give the Republic a large base crew ship or a dedicated bomber to match the Hyena; and the either the Tri Fighter or the Geonosian fighter for the Seps to give them something more like a mainline fighter. 

The only curveball I can see is that we're also supposed to get the first Episode IX teaser at Celebration, so FO and Resistance might be getting new Ep IX ships based on what's revealed there.  Seems like a longshot, though. That would mean the ships would come out before the film, and I think FFG have learned to avoid that to prevent future "Blue" and "Red Ace" situations. 

For me two things have killed speculation fun. I mainly play Empire and know it will largely be reprints for a while. And secondly I don't care for D canon designs. I get excited for things from the old games like the Tie Avenger or Droid. At this point I don't expect any thing besides D canon designs so I haven't anything to feel excited about to cause me to speculate. 

Posted (edited)

There was also some speculation along with the wishlisting in Cubanboy's last Friday thread.

At the moment, I'm making and reading less speculation than usual because I'm unusually afraid of getting my hopes up at the moment. :P

Edited by Jokubas

Considering the venue, likely stuff that would appeal to an extent to non-gamers and people who might not have heard of the game to draw their attention to checking the game out. So I'd guess stuff tied to the animated shows.

Republic: Y-Wing, which would reflect Wave 4's Hyena Bomber

CIS: Droid Tri Fighter, which would sort of reflect the N1 Starfighter

Rebels: Ghost with Phantom 1 and possibly Phantom 2, a Ghost model with docking phantoms would likely catch quite a few eyes

Empire: TIE Advanced Prototype, plays into the animated theme and allows them to rerelease another ship

Resistance: Fireball, at this point there might have been enough time to develop it but that is a big maybe

First Order: TIE/fo Interceptor, ditto to the Fireball above

To better reflect the new ST era ships though I'd prefer if we don't see them until next year to hopefully have season 2 of the show get some influence on them in terms of pilots and in terms of the TIE/fo Interceptor's paint scheme if they did it with traditional black and white rather than red and black. 

Republic: Either the BTL-B Y-Wing or the Clone Z-95

CIS: Tri-fighter or HMP Gunship

Rebels: A-Wing or Ghost/Phantom I (maybe with the II) pack

Imperials: TIE Interceptor or TIE Bomber... long shot being the Lambda shuttle

First Order:  Upsilon or they get nothing this wave

Resistance: Their Falcon or they get nothing

Scum: M-3A or Starviper

Republic, I’m calling it as the Y-Wing and Z-95.

Seperatist... Meh... I don’t know.  But others are saying Tri-Fighter.

Rebel: A-Wing and U-Wing.  These both seem easy to do, and are already in Hyperspace.

Empire:  Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber.

Scum:  Starviper.  Hands down.  With cool S-Foil flappy action!  And a slick new reverse black and white Black Sun paint job.  And a pony.  I really want a pony.

First Order and Resistance:  Upsilon and Falcon.  Unless they’re harvesting from the new show...

My guesses:

Rebel: RZ-1 A-wing at proper scale.

Empire: TIE/IN interceptor.

Scum: Articulated StarViper with new slick paint scheme.

FO: Upsilon or skip.

Resistance: Falcon.

Republic: Small base BTL-B Y-Wing.

Separatists: Droid Tri-Fighter

Priority One for the non-Republic/Separatist factions is surely for them to release the Hyperspace-legal ships that aren't in 2.0 yet. So 

- Rebels: A-Wing

- Scum: Starviper

- First Order: Upsilon

- Empire: Interceptor or Bomber

- Resistance: Falcon or Starfortress

For the other two I'd guess based on existing card-art 

- Republic: LAAT

- Separatists: Tri-Fighter

5 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

Republic needs large base, CiS does not have medium ship - so "Twilight" for Rep and "Jango's Slave" for CIS.

Neither Resistance nor First Order have a medium base ship...

Not sure what options might be available for them, unless something of suitable size is spoiled for Episode IX!

53 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

Better question - will there be some livestream from FFG pannel?

In previous years third party streaming from Celebration was limited due to Verizon having a streaming sponsorship deal with Lucasfilm, so who knows. This prevented the 2016 Coruscant Invitational from being streamed.