Innese

Rules Reference 4/10/19

4 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

• A ship cannot attack a ship at range 0, even if the attack range would be range 1.

I assume this refers to an edge case (no pun intended) where ships touch in a way that the target ship is in the attacker's arc but not technically within range 0 in the arc? If that makes sense...?

And i assume Rhymer's ability to adjust ordnance attack range to 0 or Crynyd's ability to do primary attacks at range zero naturally still work.

12 minutes ago, Storgar said:

I thought the bit about when a star viper gets tractored the player applying the token gets to tractor them using the 1bank was interesting.

Was under impression it would have been a standard tractor beam effect.

Used to be that way in 1.0. 

23 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

I assume this refers to an edge case (no pun intended) where ships touch in a way that the target ship is in the attacker's arc but not technically within range 0 in the arc? If that makes sense...?

And i assume Rhymer's ability to adjust ordnance attack range to 0 or Crynyd's ability to do primary attacks at range zero naturally still work.

Yeah, let say I have a Decimator with its arcs turned to the sides. You have a large base ship that bumped into me in the front arc (Range 0), but the back of your base extends into my side arc at Range 1. You still can't be shot even though you are at Range 1 of my side arc. 

45 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

They don't, as the "cannot attack" is absolute

5 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

The Deathfire/Paige Tico ruling from the Official Rulings thread doesn't seem to be here - I can't tell if that means anything?

it doesnt, all these rules are meant to be active simultaneously. 

A remote is a device that can relocate.  “A device that relocates does not count as moving through or overlapping obstacles”. Does this override the Buzz Droid’s rules card? How the frack do I remove a Buzz droid!

3 minutes ago, librarian101 said:

I would think that Crynyds ability still stands, as a specific, otherwise why would he even be in the game.

His ability would.  X-Wing is built under the idea that the rules are the framework to play the game with, and abilities or card effects that break the rules are explicitely allowed to.  The rule about not being able to attack a ship at Range 0 (despite being Range 1 in firing arc) applies universally, but Crynyd and Zeb (crew) still override and allow attacks to be made at Range 0.

1 minute ago, Estarriol said:

A remote is a device that can relocate.  “A device that relocates does not count as moving through or overlapping obstacles”. Does this override the Buzz Droid’s rules card? How the frack do I remove a Buzz droid!

The rules on the Buzz Droid card trumps the overlapping part so functions as written on the card.

From page 2 of the Rules Reference. I suggest people refresh their memory of this part. :)

GOLDEN RULES
If a rule in this guide contradicts the Rulebook, the rule in this guide takes
precedence.
If the ability of a card conflicts with the rules in this guide, the card ability
takes precedence.
If a card ability uses the word “cannot,” that effect is absolute and cannot be
overridden by other effects.
During an attack or while otherwise resolving an effect involving dice, each die
cannot be rerolled more than once.

Second Remote query. Say a buzz droid is attached to Boba (supplementary, within range one) does his ability now trigger when Boba attacks, but not when he defends?

Effects that refer to “enemy ships” only apply to a remote if the attacker is the source of the effect.

3 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

Second Remote query. Say a buzz droid is attached to Boba (supplementary, within range one) does his ability now trigger when Boba attacks, but not when he defends?

Remotes are only treated as ships when they are the target of an attack, otherwise they're just another object (specifically a Device) so Boba won't get his re-rolls for one unless he is shooting at it (possible if Buzz Droids are "attached" to another ship within range 1 of but not touching Boba and Boba is shooting at the Buzz Droids or when Boba is shooting at a DRK-1 Probe Droid that is within range 1 of him).

ATTACKING REMOTES
A remote can be declared as the defender. While attacking a remote, treat it as a
ship, with the following exceptions and notes:

• Effects that refer to “friendly ships” do not apply to a remote.
• Effects that refer to “enemy ships” only apply to a remote if the attacker is
the source of the effect.
• If a remote does not have a midway line, a ship cannot be in front of,
behind, or flanking a remote.
• An attack made against a remote can be obstructed and range bonuses
are applied to it as normal.

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Remotes are only treated as ships when they are the target of an attack, otherwise they're just another object (specifically a Device) so Boba won't get his re-rolls for one unless he is shooting at it (possible if Buzz Droids are "attached" to another ship within range 1 of but not touching Boba and Boba is shooting at the Buzz Droids or when Boba is shooting at a DRK-1 Probe Droid that is within range 1 of him).

ATTACKING REMOTES
A remote can be declared as the defender. While attacking a remote, treat it as a

Boba is still an attacker, who is the source of an effect. Are you confident on this one? Just because he’s not shooting the droid, he is still an attacker.

3 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

Boba is still an attacker, who is the source of an effect. Are you confident on this one? Just because he’s not shooting the droid, he is still an attacker.

Full section on Remotes from page 16 with pertinent portions bolded and/or underlined depending on emphasis:

REMOTES
Remotes are devices that have initiative, agility, and hull values, and can be
attacked.

ATTACKING REMOTES

DAMAGING REMOTES
If a remote suffers 1 or more 󲁧/󲁨 damage, deal 1 facedown damage card to
it. If it has a number of damage cards greater than or equal to its hull value, it is
destroyed. After a remote is destroyed, remove it from the play area. If the attack
occurred at the same initiative as the remote’s initiative, it is removed after all
effects at that initiative are resolved, per Simultaneous Fire.

USING REMOTES
A remote activates during the Activation Phase and engages during the
Engagement Phase at its listed initiative value, but only behaves as listed in its
entry. Additionally, the following apply to remotes:
• A remote cannot perform actions or be assigned tokens except for locks.
• A remote can be relocated.
• Some devices cause damage to remotes, as described in their individual
entries. If a devices does not state that it affects remotes, it does not
affect remotes.

Boba's Ability: "While you defend or perform an attack, you may reroll 1 of your dice for each enemy ship at range 0-1."

Unless he's attacking the remote he treats it as a device. He cannot attack one that is range 0 of him (Buzz Droids that are attached are at range 0 of the ship they are attached to, Scum does not have a way around this unlike Empire (Rhymer, Oicunn) and Rebels (Zeb gunner and Arvyl)).

I do see your logic, I promise! I’m just saying there is a link to ANY ship performing an attack which could make the 

Effects that refer to “enemy ships” only apply to a remote if the attacker is
the source of the effect

Line take effect, as it doesn’t specifically state that the Remote has to be defending at the time.

I am, however, going to concede that your interpretation is RAI. I will also seek. Ruling for the UK Open as I’m flying Boba, and it’s pretty important!

4 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

I do see your logic, I promise! I’m just saying there is a link to ANY ship performing an attack which could make the 

Line take effect, as it doesn’t specifically state that the Remote has to be defending at the time.

I am, however, going to concede that your interpretation is RAI. I will also seek. Ruling for the UK Open as I’m flying Boba, and it’s pretty important!

The section you're quoting is only applied when the remote is the target of an attack. RAW they are treated as Devices otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The section you're quoting is only applied when the remote is the target of an attack. RAW they are treated as Devices otherwise.

Ah, concentrating more on the heading than the text might’ve helped with that one. Blonde moment.