pickirk01

Have you finished a 2.0 match before time was called?

I haven't played a huge amount 2e yet due to various life reasons rather than game ones, but my record so far is about an hour for a game to end. I generally dont play casual games on a clock - though maybe I should - so most of them run about an 1.5 hours-ish.

My record for ending a game in 1e was less than 6 minutes. My average was about 30. I'm 100% ok with this trend a game lasting longer due to play being more interesting/challenging.

16 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Not many wins but many defeats! 

Games with 9 ships are fairly unlikely to end quickly.

I know tournament rules say max 8 ships, but is that also in the main rulebook that would technically apply for even casual games?  Not like you can't blow that rule off for fun games.  Just saying.

I finish about half my games.  Generally if my opponent and I are both  running archetypes like rebel beef or aces the games will go to time. 

When I play casually we scoop once the outcome is clear.

7 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I know tournament rules say max 8 ships, but is that also in the main rulebook that would technically apply for even casual games?  Not like you can't blow that rule off for fun games.  Just saying.

I meant 9 ships in total, but for fun you can do anything you want. 

I like this topic a lot.  v2.0 see the game moving from an average of 2-3 ships list to 4 almost being the minimal.  It's not Local-Meta, its a fact.  And with factions like the CIS, a player can field 5-6 ships that can all re-position, etc.  It takes time.   In a casual setting, we don't care.  In a more competitive environment, this may become problematic and we can easily see players <<playing the clock>> with list of several ships.  Maybe still too early to say if this is really an issue, but for sure, it is something to look after.  

I will be a TO in a next HS trial.  I will definitely pay attention to this  situation and inform the players that it is their responsibility to maintain a proper pace while playing the game.

It is too bad they can't come up with a solution to minimize games going to time and have that as the exception rather than the norm. Admittedly, it always feels anticlimactic. Running away continuously and not playing the game is a strategy. It's the one real part of the dogfight aspect that really hurts it thematically. It's like the dogfight magically... Ends. Lame when you think about it.