J1mBob

Online tool to assess your squad's complexity

Interesting concept! I like the idea of seeing where the “sweet spot” of complexity is for different contexts. 

The only thought i have is it doesn't quite capture dial complexity (either the increasing complexity of setting multiple dials, different dials, or even complexity within a dial). But that might be a whole other issue. 

16 minutes ago, svelok said:

82, can anybody get higher?

Well, the trick is to pick cheap cards with lots of text and don't repeat.

With a few tweaks to an existing list, I hit 117 pretty easy. It's not a good list, though :)

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v6!s=200!334:199,12,,219,30,71,106,216,220:;337:101,208,:;309:209,,108:;310:98,,:;311:,,:&sn=Complexity&obs=

(The original list came in at 81, then I made all the Vultures different, gave everyone different loadouts, gave Maul cheap upgrades, etc). 

16 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Interesting concept! I like the idea of seeing where the “sweet spot” of complexity is for different contexts. 

The only thought i have is it doesn't quite capture dial complexity (either the increasing complexity of setting multiple dials, different dials, or even complexity within a dial). But that might be a whole other issue. 

I get what you're saying about dial complexity.  The base cost per ship of 1 point could be adjusted up for the first occurrence of a given type of ship and then drop back down to 1 for repeats of the same ship (and dial).

Edit: thinking more about this, what if the first ship of a type adds 3 complexity, then the next one drops back down to 1 base?  The "ocho" would end up at 10 BAC (from 8 originally) and "alphabet soup" or "TIE salad" list complexity would go up...

Edited by J1mBob

29 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

Edit: thinking more about this, what if the first ship of a type adds 3 complexity, then the next one drops back down to 1 base?  The "ocho" would end up at 10 BAC (from 8 originally) and "alphabet soup" or "TIE salad" list complexity would go up...

That sounds pretty good to me. The greater the variety of ships in a list the more there is to remember for when you're planning, IE: 5x Kihraxz'z is less complex than one of Kieransi's mixed mini-swarms that they highlighted several months ago just due to the differences in dials between the different ships in a mixed swarm. Not inanely so, but mixed swarms are more complex none the less.

Edited by Hiemfire

37 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

Or lower (with a real list)... 5x Kihraxz is BAC of 5. 

3x bare Bounty Hunters. Brawling boyz & galz don't die easy but aren't that hard to fly. (BAC 5 using your suggested update, BAC 3 without). 😈

Fun idea, though I think there is something about ships with pre movement shenanigans. Echo is only 2 complexity more than a Sigma. But in practice? Certain ships, namely Strikers and Phantoms, seem to be less complex than they do in practice.

But it is a fun idea.

Ok, new challenge. What is the highest rating 2 ship list you can posit?

https://launch-bay-next.herokuapp.com/print?lbn=('name':'Deadly Duo','points':197,'faction':'Galactic Republic','pilots':[('name':'anakinskywalker','ship':'delta7aethersprite','upgrades':('configuration':['delta7b'],'forcepower':['supernaturalreflexes'],'astromech':['r4p17']),'points':60),('name':'macewindu','ship':'delta7aethersprite','upgrades':('configuration':['delta7b'],'forcepower':['supernaturalreflexes'],'astromech':['r4pastromech']),'points':46)])&mode=full

Clocks in at 34. I know someone can top that, but I have flown this recently so go with the one that brought ya.

20 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Clocks in at 34. I know someone can top that, but I have flown this recently so go with the one that brought ya.

My 5 Awings version is at 45... maybe explaines why my performance correlates very, very strongly with my mental fitness.

Edited by GreenDragoon

9 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Fun idea, though I think there is something about ships with pre movement shenanigans. Echo is only 2 complexity more than a Sigma. But in practice? Certain ships, namely Strikers and Phantoms, seem to be less complex than they do in practice.

But it is a fun idea.

Ok, new challenge. What is the highest rating 2 ship list you can posit?

https://launch-bay-next.herokuapp.com/print?lbn=('name':'Deadly Duo','points':197,'faction':'Galactic Republic','pilots':[('name':'anakinskywalker','ship':'delta7aethersprite','upgrades':('configuration':['delta7b'],'forcepower':['supernaturalreflexes'],'astromech':['r4p17']),'points':60),('name':'macewindu','ship':'delta7aethersprite','upgrades':('configuration':['delta7b'],'forcepower':['supernaturalreflexes'],'astromech':['r4pastromech']),'points':46)])&mode=full

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v6!s=200!39:116,,81,41,106,157,94:;8:94,,,,142:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Dash & Edrio  BAC 46

5 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

It's a measure of how deep into Combo Wing your list is.

Sort of, it doesn’t really capture interactions between cards very well.  Nor does it translate in to how combos fly on the board.  I think complexity describes it pretty well.

9 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

My 5 Awings version is at 45... maybe explaines why my performance correlates very, very strongly with my mental fitness.

That’s not 2 ships!

My Super Mace, Sense Saeese and trick shot VTG Wolffe is 47. That’s the highest list I tested.

However my Striker and Reaper heavy lists, or my 3 Striker, 2 Interceptor, and Del Meeko list all come in lower. The latter only 18, but in practice is more like 100. For both players. Nothing was ever as mind melting as when playing against an Echo, Interceptor, 2 Striker and tie fighter list with my 6 swarm. We set dials and basically said we had no idea where anything would be.