The Jabbawookie

Conquerors of the Paellos Sector Rules/OC Discussion

1 hour ago, LTD said:

@Matt3412

I’d like to offer you a side kick role with my side - but you’d probably be better off hanging around in case one of the other players has to drop out.

Cheers mate! 

Good game!

As they say, if you cant beat them join them! Haha

Good Game!! I am here to give you terrible war mongering advice at a moments notice 😄

Long live the new king! 

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

Give me a couple of hours.

I was supposed to have a lovely relaxing weekend of Armada and settling down and sorting out this spreadsheet...

Instead I got a Hospitalised Boy and 6 hours on the side of the road with a broken car...  Thankfully (if you can say that) in separate instances, but soul-crushing nonetheless.

46 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

Give me a couple of hours.

I was supposed to have a lovely relaxing weekend of Armada and settling down and sorting out this spreadsheet...

Instead I got a Hospitalised Boy and 6 hours on the side of the road with a broken car...  Thankfully (if you can say that) in separate instances, but soul-crushing nonetheless.

Yowzers. Thats no fun.

My best wishes, and hopefully everything works out.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I don't think I'll be able to continue on with the game for too much longer--my job is going to get very busy starting around June 25/July 1st. Does anyone wish to take over my forces when I get to that point? @Matt3412

We might also be getting close to declaring a winner, though. Not that anyone is close to having 25 planets, but the rules allow us to declare a winner if we all agree that one player is dominant.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Hey guys, I don't think I'll be able to continue on with the game for too much longer--my job is going to get very busy starting around June 25/July 1st. Does anyone wish to take over my forces when I get to that point? @Matt3412

We might also be getting close to declaring a winner, though. Not that anyone is close to having 25 planets, but the rules allow us to declare a winner if we all agree that one player is dominant.

Dibs!

https://images.app.goo.gl/z2gekcZ2L7rChWeUA

Joking aside, @The Jabbawookie has proven a very cunning GM and I'm sure could easily introduce a new rule/threat to speed things along. Maybe the ELE gets another Death Star?

Edited by FortyInRed

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I am now a loyal minion of "The Company" and am enslaved by "The Man" so I can no longer be an independent ruler among the stars.

😭😭😭

So we have some choices for victory conditions, and before I choose I’d like your input.

1. We lower the required planet count to, say, 15?

2.  After 10 turns, whoever has the most planets wins.

3.  After 10 turns, whoever has the most total credit production wins.

4.  I assign one or more secret missions to each of you, rewarding completion with winning the game.

5.  I generate one or more public missions, and whoever completes the most wins the game.

6.  Your idea here.

Posted (edited)

Complete 5 or more of these missions to win the game.  I recommend copying them to your sheet before this thread moves on.

Triple Threat: Obtain 3 SSDs.

Patron of the Sciences: Complete all 6 research tiers.  Quest prize: Redundant Shields.

Unnnlimited Powah!: Conquer two entire systems, each with two or more planets you did not previously occupy.  Quest prize: SSD (scarred) Note: all progress in completing this mission is not overwritten (e.g. if half a system has been conquered before this mission became a win condition, that system would still count toward completion.  Fully conquered systems are overwritten.

Alpha Strike:  Conquer the A system and hold it for 3 non-consecutive turns.  Quest prize: SSD Impaler (scarred,) High Council Member Bob.

I've Been Everywhere, Man:  Visit all four corner worlds (H1 or H2, M, S, Z) without any visiting ship going into deepspace more than twice (I'll be keeping track.)

Into the Maw:  Discover the Inkwell's secret.

I Know What I Have to Do:  Destroy or occupy another player's last world, removing them from the game.  Quest prize:  Sith Warlance.

Operation Cinder:  Through bombardment, reduce a system to 0 credit production.

Nightfall:  Possess 4 or more worlds in the E, C, L, I, P, and S systems (worlds in the same system do not count.)  Quest prize: ???

Edited by The Jabbawookie

12 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Triple Threat: Obtain 3 SSDs

Assume this is open to Rebel players too? Do you care which variant?

12 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I Know What I Have to Do:  Destroy another player's last world, removing them from the game.  Quest prize:  Sith Warlance.

Can you define "destroy" here?

Or do I need to check my mail bag for my shiny new Darksaber?

Posted (edited)
Just now, FortyInRed said:

Assume this is open to Rebel players too? Do you care which variant?

Can you define "destroy" here?

Or do I need to check my mail bag for my shiny new Darksaber?

Sorry.  Occupy.  Although if you have the means to destroy it, that's perfectly acceptable too.

And yes, Rebels as well.  Though SSDs are not available for construction through normal means.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Unnnlimited Powah!: Conquer two entire systems, each with two or more planets you did not previously occupy. Note: all progress in completing this mission is not overwritten (e.g. if half a system has been conquered before this mission became a win condition, that system would still count toward completion.

@idjmv and @Bertie Wooster perhaps there is some way we can come to an agreement here. We all occupy parts of three systems.

Idjmv shares C with Bertie (one each)

Forty shares B with idjmv (two and one)

Bertie shares X with forty (two and one)

What if we agree to cease hostilities and a planet swap so we all get a system and achieve this objective?

For example, I give Bertie X1, Bertie gives idjmv C1, idjmv gives Forty B3. 

Edited by FortyInRed

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@idjmv and @Bertie Wooster perhaps there is some way we can come to an agreement here. We all occupy parts of three systems.

What if we agree to cease hostilities and a planet swap so we all get a system and achieve this objective?

Or Bertie gets C, Forty gets B, Idjmv gets X. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea. I would have to change my orders, which I've submitted. But if idjmv is cool with it, I'm cool with it.

The objective requires us to take over two new systems, though, not just one. We would only be halfway through the objective if we did it this way.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

14 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Not a bad idea. I would have to change my orders, which I've submitted. But if idjmv is cool with it, I'm cool with it.

The objective requires us to take over two new systems, though, not just one. We would only be halfway through the objective if we did it this way.

Yea im cool with it. I was gonna attack C1, but i havnt done any of my orders yet so I guess we are all clear.

Only problem is I need B3 for this turn still, so can we postpone this by 1 turn, so we can make proper preparations?

Edited by idjmv

10 minutes ago, idjmv said:

Yea im cool with it. I was gonna attack C1, but i havnt done any of my orders yet so I guess we are all clear.

Only problem is I need B3 for this turn still, so can we postpone this by 1 turn, so we can make proper preparations?

@Bertie Wooster and @idjmv ok. Can we agree to at least end the war with territory as-is?

Bertie uses C1, then evacuates next turn?

Forty uses X1 the evacuates next turn?

Idjmv uses B3 then evacuates next turn?

And yes, sorry, didn't realize that we're only halfway there, but halfway is better than nothing!

8 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@Bertie Wooster and @idjmv ok. Can we agree to at least end the war with territory as-is?

Bertie uses C1, then evacuates next turn?

Forty uses X1 the evacuates next turn?

Idjmv uses B3 then evacuates next turn?

And yes, sorry, didn't realize that we're only halfway there, but halfway is better than nothing!

This works for me

Well, some interesting changes there.

What does a high council member do?

It is probably too late now, but I’m happy for Matt to take over from Jabba, secret knowledge and all.

After all, I did post my turn orders publicly in turn 6 or something? I have no secrets!