The Jabbawookie

Conquerors of the Paellos Sector Rules/OC Discussion

26 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Real life got weird.  @Matt3412 - you are almost eliminated, right?  Want HK-47 to... uh... take over translating for CP9-J?

23 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

To be clear I am offering for you to take over the wookies.  You might need to "fix" turn 17, which uh... didn't get processed at all?

OH MY what an opportunity, this might be a little bit unfair cuz I know quite alot of extra information at this point. 

I would leave that up to @The Jabbawookie and if anyone else objects that's totally fine. 

14 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I have three hours scheduled later tonight to sit down and work things out.

Glad you're back in. You're taking control of the KUAD, right?

9 minutes ago, LTD said:

Turn 20 orders submitted.

What's keeping you people?

12 hours of special needs boy watching with only my phone , 8 hours of work, 1 hour of travel to and from, and 3 hours of sleep.

Thats my weekday.

Rinse/repeat

Every. Weekday.

Thats what’s keeping me right now... It’s hard to read google docs on a phone. 🙂

53 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

I got big plans this turn. had to think about it

Bombard and hope for the best?

I'm told that if you bombard one of your starting planets occupied by another player, and manage to kill off their GF, that the planet will revert to your control next turn after

16 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Bombard and hope for the best?

I'm told that if you bombard one of your starting planets occupied by another player, and manage to kill off their GF, that the planet will revert to your control next turn after

Yes. It doesn't even have to be one of your starting planets. Near the beginning of this game I bombarded (neutral) R, which had 2 GF, and my lucky bombardment killed those 2 GF. I had control over R next turn and lost no GF in the process.

But the more GF a planet has, the less reliable bombardment becomes. Especially if it has enough credit production to reproduce its GF every turn.

It’s my policy not to bombard - too inaccurate. Blockade and wait for reinforcements.

I am surprised by Bertie’s story about neutral R - do you mean you invaded the next turn with no opposition? Or you just controlled it automatically at the start of the next turn as if you had invaded it the same turn you bombarded?

16 minutes ago, LTD said:

It’s my policy not to bombard - too inaccurate. Blockade and wait for reinforcements.

I am surprised by Bertie’s story about neutral R - do you mean you invaded the next turn with no opposition? Or you just controlled it automatically at the start of the next turn as if you had invaded it the same turn you bombarded?

This one. I bombarded R and then Jabba told me "2 GF destroyed; R is yours."

I was also a little surprised that I was given control of R without invading, but I assume that's what Jabba meant by "R is yours."

@The Jabbawookie Is this correct?

21 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

This one. I bombarded R and then Jabba told me "2 GF destroyed; R is yours."

I was also a little surprised that I was given control of R without invading, but I assume that's what Jabba meant by "R is yours."

@The Jabbawookie Is this correct?

I was told explicitly that I couldn't do this. 

My understanding was that only your starting planets "default" back to you in the absence of hostile GF.