Jump to content
The Jabbawookie

Conquerors of the Paellos Sector Rules/OC Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

@The Jabbawookie hey this weekend is a federal holiday in the US. I'm on vacation for the next five days and always struggle to issue orders without a computer. I'll go ahead and create a new tab for this turn now but any chance we can get an extension for this upcoming turn?

Sure thing, I’ve got some upcoming stuff to do anyway.  How much time would you like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just about any reward obtained from a mission, side quest, or exploration is a tradeable commodity, including “intangible” rewards like information.  As always secret trades are not allowed, and I’ll be openly verifying the trade is valid.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, idjmv said:

@The Jabbawookie something has come up, and there is a chance I have to drop out. If that is the case, is there a possibility that I can transfer my faction to @FortyInRed?

I’m sorry to hear that, thanks for playing and keep us posted.

I can’t allow a merger.  Not only because it offers a significant lead in planet count, but because allied forces fight and behave differently than a single fleet.

Edit: I will allow you to transfer anything not a ship, squadron, planet or GF; any such items you choose to give should be listed in the IC thread.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I’m sorry to hear that, thanks for playing and keep us posted.

I can’t allow a merger.  Not only because it offers a significant lead in planet count, but because allied forces fight and behave differently than a single fleet.

Edit: I will allow you to transfer anything not a ship, squadron, planet or GF; any such items you choose to give should be listed in the IC thread.

Understood, it makes sense. I will definitely keep you all informed. In the event I do have to drop out, thank you for being an awesome GM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FortyInRed said:

@idjmv yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope you can stay?

@The Jabbawookie would you consider either inviting another player (not currently in the game) to take over such as Dras?

Alternatively, each planet could just declare independence and act as an NPC of sorts.

 

Excellent idea.

@Drasnighta you may take over @idjmv's forces if he leaves, should you so choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

@idjmv yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope you can stay?

@The Jabbawookie would you consider either inviting another player (not currently in the game) to take over such as Dras?

Alternatively, each planet could just declare independence and act as an NPC of sorts.

 

 

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Excellent idea.

@Drasnighta you may take over @idjmv's forces if he leaves, should you so choose.

I like this idea. Again, I am hopeful, but I will have to see how the situation keeps going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

Fleets with hold-fire orders are not paired against each other, and such “allied” fleets are not taken into account when computing an average.  So in that example:

Either fleet A or B squares off against C.

The odd fleet out sustains damage by rolling against the average, which is in this case just C.

Whichever two fleets sustained the most casualties must withdraw.

The main ramification is that an alliance is likely to take more overall casualties when fighting together.

This can be circumvented by lending ships beforehand, if you trust them enough.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1

So fleshing this out more, if A and B have no shoot and square off against C, then you do A vs C and B vs C, independently, right?

And if A vs C results in 100 pts of damage to C, they still have their full strength for the B vs C battle, right?

So let's say that C takes another 100 points in damage against B.

Afterward are the potential casualties from each battle applied to C together?

So C takes 200 points of damage total?

Perhaps you could walk through some mock scenarios so we understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FortyInRed said:

So fleshing this out more, if A and B have no shoot and square off against C, then you do A vs C and B vs C, independently, right?

And if A vs C results in 100 pts of damage to C, they still have their full strength for the B vs C battle, right?

So let's say that C takes another 100 points in damage against B.

Afterward are the potential casualties from each battle applied to C together?

So C takes 200 points of damage total?

Perhaps you could walk through some mock scenarios so we understand?

 

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

A scenario would be helpful, so that we all know what we're going into. 

I believe @The Jabbawookie clarified earlier with help from @LTD, that the 2 strongest fleets fight first, unless it is all equal strength, in which then it is random. This is an individual combat, resolved completely, minus the retreat, which is replaced with the second battle.

In our case, since me and @FortyInRed are allies, we will not fight. So whichever one of us has the strongest fleet will fight @Bertie Wooster first, and then the other one will follow up afterwards, before the loser retreats, unless the loser is not going to fight any more battles, due to alliances or so.

In principal,

Forty has a 500 point fleet

Bertie has a 500 point fleet also

I have a 499 point fleet. 

Forty automatically fights first.

Lets say Forty takes 20% casualties, and bertie takes 30%. That combat is now over, but before Bertie can jump out, my forces will engage with his forces, 499 vs 350 points that are left.

Or it can be so that Forty takes 30%, while bertie only takes 10%. Since Forty is not going to be fighting anymore, his losing forces can jump out of the system, and in the mean time, my forces will engage with Bertie's fleet, at 499 vs the 450 points left over. 

 

I hope this makes sense, it does to me at least. But don't take my word for how this works. 

Edited by idjmv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FortyInRed said:

So fleshing this out more, if A and B have no shoot and square off against C, then you do A vs C and B vs C, independently, right?

And if A vs C results in 100 pts of damage to C, they still have their full strength for the B vs C battle, right?

So let's say that C takes another 100 points in damage against B.

Afterward are the potential casualties from each battle applied to C together?

So C takes 200 points of damage total?

Perhaps you could walk through some mock scenarios so we understand?

A fights C, B fights an imaginary force with the strength of C and takes casualties based on that.

So why is B there?

Because A and B have higher odds of winning the fight together than apart.  In return (and as a check on alliances), they'll take more damage than C would dish out alone.

 

Let's try 3 more scenarios.

A and B are allied, C and D are each independent factions.

A fights C, B fights D.  Pretty simple.

 

A, B, and C are allied, D is not.

A fights D, B and C fight "imaginary" D.

 

A, B and C are allied, D and E are not.

A fights D, B fights E, and C fights an imaginary force with the average size of D and E.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...