Jump to content
SunDancerGE

Asmodee Germany discontinuing IA

Recommended Posts

So, I'm beginning to get won over to the side of "this probably doesn't mean anything".

 

I'm also still very much in the camp of "we still need to be thrown a bone from FFG, rather than being boned by them."

 

But maybe most importantly, that really sucks for our fellow German fans.  Hope you guys can get what it is you still need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

So, I'm beginning to get won over to the side of "this probably doesn't mean anything".

 

I'm also still very much in the camp of "we still need to be thrown a bone from FFG, rather than being boned by them."

 

But maybe most importantly, that really sucks for our fellow German fans.  Hope you guys can get what it is you still need.

image.png.ef35fb96951d27a71c8d04607ee54afe.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Noldorion said:

Yep, I think that's official enough - my bad 😁

For everyone who doesn't speak German - that's an official confirmation. I thought an interesting tidbit was in the German forums, where an employee of Asmodee confirmed it, too, and also said that probably neither another company nor FFG itself is going to pick it up. She also said this, however:

"FFG plant nicht, Imperial Assault einzustellen. Unsere Ankündigung bezieht sich einzig und allein auf den deutschen Markt und die deutschen Imperial Assault Produkte."

Translation: "FFG does not plan to discontinue Imperial Assault. Our announcement relates solely to the German market and the German Imperial Assault products."

That's interesting, although it might just mean that she (or Asmodee altogether) doesn't know if FFG is discontinuing it or not.

I would kiss someone if this means what I think it means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Isnigu said:

Sidenote, Asmodee Germany's OP manager just posted the nationals list, and there is no Imperial Assault on it either.

https://forum.asmodee.de/viewtopic.php?f=962&t=28806

I think the fact no reply to that post mention Imperial Assault suggests they were right dropping IA ...

Edited by Trevize84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also this Feb 11th reply from FFG to a tweet about future Imperial Assault products which gives some hope:

Granted it doesn't specify whether they mean digital or physical product, but it's reassuring nontheless. This was after the Return to Hoth app campaign had come out as well so it's talking about something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DerBaer said:

First, they stopped english OP kits from being distributed to Germany, now they stopped german OP kits => no tournaments anymore => FFG, you just lost a customer.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. There seems to be a move towards ending the game, yet there are teases that it's not over, including skirmish. 

However, I'm with you. If IA ends, they'll lose a good paying customer. I buy everything and the mats and I participated in premier events. I also promote the game a lot considering how little they do! 

All in all, there is no game that FFG sells that I'm interested in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. There seems to be a move towards ending the game, yet there are teases that it's not over, including skirmish. 

However, I'm with you. If IA ends, they'll lose a good paying customer. I buy everything and the mats and I participated in premier events. I also promote the game a lot considering how little they do! 

All in all, there is no game that FFG sells that I'm interested in. 

I play quite a few others, but honestly this situation is turning me sour to the whole company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I play quite a few others, but honestly this situation is turning me sour to the whole company.

X-Wing 2.0 really soured me.  If IA passes on, I'll still play it, but I won't be playing anything new from FFG I don't think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Rikalonius said:

X-Wing 2.0 really soured me.  If IA passes on, I'll still play it, but I won't be playing anything new from FFG I don't think.  

Yup. I was hesitant, so only bought the imperial conversion kit. played one tournament and felt like it was the same sh-i-t different pile. Never played again. Glad I didn't waste my money. So ya, I would not be in for a 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our FLGS (in Germany) claims that there will be (atleast?) one more "large" expansion in English, with a German pdf to download. No idea where they get their info from and if that would be an official source or not, or wishful thinking. They generally aren't prone to giving out bull just to appease though, especially since we organise all the(ir) tournaments. They are also getting rid of all their normal IA stock, so might actually be in the loop of something, or just selling off stock that has a higher run time. So yeah I guess this post doesn't really give anything concrete, but wanted to share the tidbit anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, DerBaer said:

First, they stopped english OP kits from being distributed to Germany, now they stopped german OP kits => no tournaments anymore => FFG, you just lost a customer.

There isn't any product to buy anymore. So your sale isn't really lost. They already sold to you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 2:04 AM, Bitterman said:

It's a bit academic at this point, but... while I wouldn't object to any of those, and if IA went on forever I'm sure I'd be delighted to see them, I don't think it feels unfinished without them, especially the prequel characters. Conversely, Yoda, Ewoks, and Scout Troopers / Speeder Bikes are Star Wars icons (plus the two remaining bounty hunters, who aren't as iconic but would complete the set of six and provide something for scum in that wave). Until we get them, which it looks increasingly likely that we never will, IA will always feel like there's something missing.

Grab a random person off the street. Ask them who Yoda is. Now ask them who Bib Fortuna is. Exactly.

Yup.  I couldn't have said it better.

I'd buy 'em all if I could (****, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'd buy Willrow Hood if they released him)...especially if we could get that rebel on a tauntaun, some Death Squad Commandos, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...