Okapi

Any word on European release?

We're still waiting on part of wave III here, with no word from the FLGS, web shops or, as far as I know, FFG.  Anyone know if it's right around the corner, weeks months or years away? Locally, activity has almost died down due to people being disappointed with the launch. 

8 minutes ago, TheCeilican said:

It came out last month in every bit of Europe I'm aware of?

Sort of. First Aethersprite, ARC, Infiltrator, Z-95 and Striker dropped, on the 21st. Then, after a week so, we got the Servants pack. There is still no word on Guardians or the single Vulture.

16 minutes ago, Okapi said:

We're still waiting on part of wave III here, with no word from the FLGS, web shops or, as far as I know, FFG.  Anyone know if it's right around the corner, weeks months or years away? Locally, activity has almost died down due to people being disappointed with the launch. 

Can you be more specific about what part of Europe you are discussing? Annoyingly, there isn't a single part of the business responsible for this, due to the different regional parts of the company (here's looking at you, FFG France).

That said, FFG are remarkably terrible at communicating about issues in their supply chain, as evidenced by the unexplained delays with this wave, and the ongoing issues with the RPG book line (Rise of the Separatists is still MIA, while a book announced after it is apparently going to be with us soon).

20 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Sort of. First Aethersprite, ARC, Infiltrator, Z-95 and Striker dropped, on the 21st. Then, after a week so, we got the Servants pack. There is still no word on Guardians or the single Vulture.

No, we got everything.

Where are you?  Why are you refusing to tell us this rather important piece of information instead of making it sound like a massive broad issue affecting the whole of Europe?

2 minutes ago, TheCeilican said:

No, we got everything.

Where are you?  Why are you refusing to tell us this rather important piece of information instead of making it sound like a massive broad issue affecting the whole of Europe?

Refusing? That's an odd interpretation seeing as the question hadn't been asked before my last post. I'm in Norway, but I've been told by friends in Denmark, England, Spain and Poland that the situation was similar over there, so I assumed it was all of Europe.

This is the first I've heard of it anywhere.  We've certainly had everything in the UK - it arrived about 5 days after the first lot of expansions.

I've not heard any complaints from any other part of Europe until now.  I think it must be a local thing.

Just now, TheCeilican said:

This is the first I've heard of it anywhere.  We've certainly had everything in the UK - it arrived about 5 days after the first lot of expansions.

I've not heard any complaints from any other part of Europe until now.  I think it must be a local thing.

It's been a topic on this forum since before the release now. Apparently there was an issue with misprinted maneuver dials, and there were delays all over Europe. Could be the timely release in the UK was the local thing, but from ayedubbleyoos post I get the impression that you got limited stock instead of no stock at all over there.

13 minutes ago, Okapi said:

It's been a topic on this forum since before the release now. Apparently there was an issue with misprinted maneuver dials, and there were delays all over Europe. Could be the timely release in the UK was the local thing, but from ayedubbleyoos post I get the impression that you got limited stock instead of no stock at all over there.

We received the standalone expansions (sans Vulture droid, I believe) on the official release date, with the squadron packs and the Vulture droid the following week in my local store. However, as @ayedubbleyoo states, some retailers haven't received much stock (or potentially any at all), but that could be down to their particular ordering practices.

I'm aware of there being issues for French players, due to the.....unique approach taken by FFG France of printing a shedload of 1st Edition A-Wings and Arc-170s, then refusing to order/produce any RZ-2 A-Wings or Republic ARCs until the 1st Edition stock has been cleared, but that is a distinct (and ridiculous) issue.

There was a misprint on the Torrent dials and in the UK we got the Aethersprite, Sith Infiltrator and ARC on the 21st. The rest of the wave came out on the 28th. As far as I know that was Europe-wide. There may still be stock shortages in some areas, I suppose, but I don't think the wave is yet to release anywhere.

35 minutes ago, TheCeilican said:

In very limited numbers.

Servants of Strife, the Vulture Droid and Guardians of the Republic are already sold out almost everywhere as far as I can tell.

I've seen a few places claim that a couple of containers were held up at customs and so more stock is expected, it's just not clear when. As far as some people are concerned, that sell out may very well have happened fast enough to seem like they were never in stock. 

Posted (edited)

Looks like there are some more in London shops today.

I guess on the initial delay, some stores order a lot and some play it safe. Where I play regularly, I think they just managed to fulfil the preorders (a week late) and still haven't had anything else.

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

Posted (edited)

I in UK, got my infiltrator and 2 vultures 1 week after release, got an email yesterday saying my servants of strife packs are in post.

I think they got some of everything the week after release but just massive stock shortages with no warning of such.

Went to a tournament on Saturday and saw all wave 3 in use so some packs made it out.

Edited by Storgar

The stock issue appeared throughout most of Europe, but not equally so. I got an email yesterday that the second part of my preorder had just shipped, specifically the faction boxes that were in short supply. Some places got their entire orders on time, some got partial orders on time but not nearly enough to even cover preorders, and some got nothing at all. It'll likely be a couple of months before you see ready shelf stock universally available, but the situation is starting to normalise now. At the very least, all preorders should be fulfilled in the coming weeks.

Northern Europe.

Flgs posted just today that distributor finally got Guardians and the Vulture expansion pack. 

Aethersprites and Sith Infiltrators you could get a few days after official release. Arc170s somewhat more sparse, Servants mostly sold out directly. Of course, everyone who wanted to play Vulture swarms officially bought the packs, as no single Vultures anywhere to be found.

One of my children proxies extra Vultures with photocopied dials and ugly Mictomachine Vultures. Which I bought cheap some years ago for making debris, lucky child, that I had not got around to butcher them. They are about 1/3 larger than FFG ones.

8 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Wow....that sucks!  You have my sympathy.  

Thanks. We here find the forums whining and ******* about the Adepticon metalllic vulture extra hilarious, when you even cannot find the normal Vulture anywhere.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Okapi said:

Refusing? That's an odd interpretation seeing as the question hadn't been asked before my last post. I'm in Norway, but I've been told by friends in Denmark, England, Spain and Poland that the situation was similar over there, so I assumed it was all of Europe.

I am not sure who your friends from Poland are, but I assure you we got everything on time. 

Edited by Oldpara