Pooleman

Shore Trooper Article

2 minutes ago, RStan said:

Apparently Tarkin shouldn't have blown up the Scarif base with all those Shoretroopers and Death Troopers because Scarif had all the best troops in the Empire...

F'real. I'm gonna have to shift to Empire for some games and run Krennic, Shoretroopers, and Deathtroopers haha

1 minute ago, buckero0 said:

I wonder if the mortar will be the same as the AT-ST grenade launcher since they look the same.

Reasonable assumption for now

Digging the mortar.  Been wanting one in the game for a long time.  I hope they make them honest to goodness indirect, but we'll see.  Kinda odd they didn't use the actual mortar from TCW, but I guess they wanted to allow for some "faction identity."

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, chr335 said:

@TauntaunScout you called it

Thanks but I hardly called it. I think I had it as a mulit-way tie. I'm not surprised though. FFG 1) loves [storm]troopers, 2) seems to prefer Scarif compatibility to all else in Legion, and 3) does not care how rare things were in-universe.

Letting people run an army of all-shore troopers is strange, considering they're apparently far rarer than scout troopers.

However this will cut down on the "need" to build an army up from nothing but core sets! There is at least now some reason to buy ONE core set, then fleet troopers and shore troopers, add other stuff that's not-in-cores till you hit 800, and stop. I totally understand people not wanting just 1 unit of snowtroopers for a 3rd corps, yet if you're buying stormtroopers and are just starting out you'd may as well go whole hog on a 2nd starter.

Let the post-corps wave speculation begin!

Edited by TauntaunScout

6 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Digging the mortar.  Been wanting one in the game for a long time.  I hope they make them honest to goodness indirect, but we'll see.  Kinda odd they didn't use the actual mortar from TCW, but I guess they wanted to allow for some "faction identity."

Wouldn't they use the TCW mortar for the Clone Army faction? Or is that what you meant?

1 minute ago, Kanpeki said:

Wouldn't they use the TCW mortar for the Clone Army faction? Or is that what you meant?

Yeah, that's what I meant for "faction identity."  Allows them to put multiple models of the same basic weapon in the game.  I do find that somewhat surprising, considering how frequently they've rushed to fill in GCW slots with CW weapons; the Z-6, AT-RT, and flame thrower are all lifted from TCW. 

I can FINALLY start buying stuff for this game!

I know it's a pretty silly reason to disregard an entire game, but I only want to do Imperials and I don't want to spend time, effort and money on booooring Stormtroopers and have no desire for a Hoth-themed force.

So I have been waiting to buy ANYTHING until I knew either these guys are Navy Troopers were coming. And I really hoped it was Shores out of those two choices.

Models look great, they go well with all the other Rogue One stuff I want. SOLD.

12 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant for "faction identity."  Allows them to put multiple models of the same basic weapon in the game.  I do find that somewhat surprising, considering how frequently they've rushed to fill in GCW slots with CW weapons; the Z-6, AT-RT, and flame thrower are all lifted from TCW. 

I guess they hadn't planned for clone wars yet, as they finalized the choices for the first wave(s).

I'm kind of disappointed, that there seems to be no option for having shoretroopers lead stormtrooper squads, as in the lore. This would probably have allowed 2 different options: The cheaper less specialized stormtrooper /w shore leader and more specialized and expensive (potentially spec ops or something) shore troopers. Still the options provided seem great, despite mudding differences between republic and empire.