Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt3412 said:

side note we getting clones wars factions on tabletop??? No one has impleminted this yet.

also Dewbacks look so fireeee 

Yeah, I've got the items entered, but I kinda figured there's not really enough out yet to make an army so not much point in adding it. Feel free to correct me though! Should be easy once I decide to pull the trigger. If it's something people want to poke around with, I'll do it sooner, just figured it can only be so interesting to add 800 points worth of B1 Battle Droids to a list.

Edited by werdnaegni

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It also can route so putting that much suppression on to get close enough to flame is a dangerous move.

Agreed, a little too aggressive perhaps. However doing the big double move to get into melee with a unit like boba fett or Han isn't a bad choice. The dewback can really tie down the non-melee special units/leaders pretty well. That melee attack could very well kill a high priced unit in a couple of rounds at that. Depending on terrain, an argument can be made for naked dewbacks.

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

That's not enough. You're either buying 3+ Dewbacks or you're an apostate hater who thinks Ishtar and Howard the Duck are cool. There is no middle ground in Star Wars fandom. You either think this product is perfect and must have it, or maybe Legion isn't for you. And @DewbackScout would agree with me.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the **** out. -Michael Scott

If you ever make that insinuation again, I will disintegrate you.

3 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Where is @DewbackScout when you need him?

You know, some of us have jobs that don't allow us to troll the FFG forums all day.

//

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS! I AM BESIDE MYSELF WITH JOY!

I'm seeing at least three ... not nine, unless the magic power of magnets does not work. Then, maybe nine.

6 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

There are 3 armaments apparently, and you can take up to 3 in a force org chart. Solves the problem of how many to buy! @DewbackScout will probably buy 9 though. Makes me really glad I painted a 3rd squad of ordinary stormtroopers so I'm ready when these come out.

I will use the magic of magnets to make three look like nine. I hope.

5 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

That's not enough. You're either buying 3+ Dewbacks or you're an apostate hater who thinks Ishtar and Howard the Duck are cool. There is no middle ground in Star Wars fandom. You either think this product is perfect and must have it, or maybe Legion isn't for you. And @DewbackScout would agree with me.

Preach it, cold lizard boy. Bolded for emphasis.

23 minutes ago, DewbackScout said:

You know, some of us have jobs that don't allow us to troll the FFG forums all day.

Yeah?

Well ... um ... reasons. Congrats, you got your very good boy lizards.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mep said:

Agreed, a little too aggressive perhaps. However doing the big double move to get into melee with a unit like boba fett or Han isn't a bad choice. The dewback can really tie down the non-melee special units/leaders pretty well. That melee attack could very well kill a high priced unit in a couple of rounds at that. Depending on terrain, an argument can be made for naked dewbacks.

Krennic compel to give them free attack and move. Spur. Their action. Move. Spur. Relentless. Why flame when you can just CHOMP? Minimum 3 suppression and a few heads ripped off  lol 

Edited by Cleto0

2 minutes ago, Cleto0 said:

Krennic compel to give them free attack and move. Spur. Their action. Move. Spur. Relentless. Why flame when you can just CHOMP? Minimum 3 suppression and a few heads ripped off 

The problem with that is that Krennic needs to be in range 2 to get that off and Krennic is the most anemic named unit in the game.

Also while armor 1 is great against snipers, it isn't enough to shrug off damage from corp units even with it's red defense.

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

The problem with that is that Krennic needs to be in range 2 to get that off and Krennic is the most anemic named unit in the game.

Also while armor 1 is great against snipers, it isn't enough to shrug off damage from corp units even with it's red defense.

It has 6 health, armor 1 and red dice. It is pretty healthy. now I am not saying that it won't get shot to ****, but they have to dedicate quite a bit of fire into it before it will. Unless you are fighting deathtroopers at range 2 with 2 aims. which will deal ~5 in one shot... 

9 hours ago, Fistofriles said:

Every time there a new imperial release i ask my self why do i play rebels

After the death troopers came out I just had to convert to the dark side.

I would have preferred a smaller ground vehicle for empire, but I'm happy for those who wanted lizard riders. I was keen on shoretroopers and got that. :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cleto0 said:

It has 6 health, armor 1 and red dice. It is pretty healthy. now I am not saying that it won't get shot to ****, but they have to dedicate quite a bit of fire into it before it will. Unless you are fighting deathtroopers at range 2 with 2 aims. which will deal ~5 in one shot... 

I think you're overvaluing armor 1. It's basically permanent light cover that you can't sharpshooter away, which while it isn't bad, it also isn't spectacular. 6 man Z-6 squads still average 1.5 damage after armor and defense, so four attacks from them on average to bring the dewback down. That sounds good, but it's only marginally better than their time to kill a 6 man stormtrooper squad (4.66 attacks).

I don't think you want to bring range 2 attacks in here either, as fleets are still the single most damaging trooper unit at that range with 5.5 hits per roll without aim +pierce (Besides NYWD Palp, but I digress). The only units that compete with them for that slot are the ST with a Weiss shot from the three ranged weapons which hits the same damage, the ST with the surge pilot and the main gun+ the light 88 for 5.625 hits, and all variations of flamethrowers which deal the most damage possible but are also the most situational.

Edited by thepopemobile100