Posted (edited)

There are 3 armaments apparently, and you can take up to 3 in a force org chart. Solves the problem of how many to buy! @DewbackScout will probably buy 9 though. Makes me really glad I painted a 3rd squad of ordinary stormtroopers so I'm ready when these come out.

I'm REALLY hoping we get commanders on dewbacks and tauntauns next. Or at least a sandtrooper like Kane Samosa and a Reikan-or-someone-like-him, to kick these models into high gear.

My Kenner micro tauntaun snagged as a trophy from a clearance bin, and my Christmas 3.75"line Dewback, are among my fonder childhood memories.

Edited by TauntaunScout

10 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Cool model, won't be buying it.  I'm happy for those that wanted the overgrown iguana, but can't see a reason for it myself. 

The variation of units that are going to be available to the Rebels and Imperials after these units hit the market should make for some very diverse lists. Not necessarily in high-level competitive play but in general. This is a good move on FFG's part as different parts of Star Wars appeal to different people.

Imagine if all we had was the Wave 1 units and the first Special Forces/Operative releases to play with...forever. Game would get boring fast.

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

The variation of units that are going to be available to the Rebels and Imperials after these units hit the market should make for some very diverse lists. Not necessarily in high-level competitive play but in general. This is a good move on FFG's part as different parts of Star Wars appeal to different people.

Imagine if all we had was the Wave 1 units and the first Special Forces/Operative releases to play with...forever. Game would get boring fast.

Oh, no, I absolutely agree.  More units is a good thing.  This makes far more sense to me than adding Palpatine to a platoon-sized war game.  I'm just not interested in dewbacks at all, so I won't be buying them.  I won't hate on those that do.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Oh, no, I absolutely agree.  More units is a good thing.  This makes far more sense to me than adding Palpatine to a platoon-sized war game.  I'm just not interested in dewbacks at all, so I won't be buying them.  I won't hate on those that do.

That's not enough. You're either buying 3+ Dewbacks or you're an apostate hater who thinks Ishtar and Howard the Duck are cool. There is no middle ground in Star Wars fandom. You either think this product is perfect and must have it, or maybe Legion isn't for you. And @DewbackScout would agree with me.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the **** out. -Michael Scott

Edited by TauntaunScout

21 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

That's not enough. You're either buying 3+ Dewbacks or you're an apostate hater who thinks Ishtar and Howard the Duck are cool. There is no middle ground in Star Wars fandom. You either think this product is perfect and must have it, or maybe Legion isn't for you. And @DewbackScout would agree with me.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the **** out. -Michael Scott

Ok, well, in that case, I hate Dewbacks.  They.... smell funny.  Or something.  And Legion is a terrible game!  There have been no real Star Wars tabletop games since Miniatures Battles!  And something something, Kennedy, something something, toxic fans. 

So if I'm reading spur right you could theoretically do a double move at speed 2 (gaining those 2 suppression tokens) and then relentless into a flamethrower? If that's true that seems like it would be pretty good. Having armor is nice too. All for roughly the cost of speeder bikes!

1 minute ago, PikminToo said:

So if I'm reading spur right you could theoretically do a double move at speed 2 (gaining those 2 suppression tokens) and then relentless into a flamethrower? If that's true that seems like it would be pretty good. Having armor is nice too. All for roughly the cost of speeder bikes!

It has armor 1, which is effectively the same as cover 1 as creature troopers can't get cover from suppression.

It also can route so putting that much suppression on to get close enough to flame is a dangerous move.