Red Castle

Red Castle's gallery (updated 09/13/19 Shoretroopers)

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

It never ceases to amaze me what people can do when they actually try instead of speeding through like I do.

For me personally, painting them is part of the game, so I don’t mind taking my time. Especially now that I have enough painted miniatures to make an army, to there’s less of a rush.

very nice job on all of the miniatures. I happen to like Veers over then Krennic (does have nice blond hair though). I don't have the patience so tend to paint too fast, but I am happy with my tabletop quality. It is a relaxing hobby for my son to paint

I’ve used the same colors than with my AT-ST following Sorastro’s guide.

So, Mechanicus Standard Grey mixed with some Zandri Dust. Then gradually lighted by mixing it with Celestial Grey mixed with a little Zandri Dust. 

After that, I applied a thin coat of a dilluted Typhus Corrosion to give it a more dirty look.

17 hours ago, LunarSol said:

Cool.  I did something very similar with my AT-ST.  I think the Typhus makes a huge difference though.

Oh absolutely! It's the step that makes it looks from 'right out of the factory' to 'already spent a couple years on the battlefield'.

Not sure we can see it from the pictures of my AT-ST, but I used Typhus Corrosion only on the feet and legs and not on the head. That way the head looks cleaner.