Sign in to follow this  
Tonbo Karasu

Possible Implication of Minor Spoiler for Mask of the Oni

So, I was reading through Mask of the Oni, preparing to update the Imperial Census, and there was a little tidbit in part of the backstory that potentially has far-reaching consequences.

The following sentence is from the module

She used its blood magic to inflict a slow WASTING DISEASE on her brother, which finally killed hiim

(emphasis mine).

People who recognise that name might now be somewhat worried...

I'd like to think the same thing, but I'm thinking it's more of an Easter Egg and accurate descriptor rather than an actual indicator. 

Though with Yori and Tadaka getting ready to hang out in the fiction, it probably is only a matter of time especially with the elemental imbalances the Phoenix have been noticing.

Although, page 8 of the Shadowlands book says

And what of the Black Scrolls?  Some have been linked to great catastrophes in Rokugan's history, while the rest have vanished to the ages

which kind of implies that they might be somewhat more out there than previously.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

which kind of implies that they might be somewhat more out there than previously.

it also depends on how they're supposed to work now (i.e. if they're persistant or must be invoked for effect)

2 hours ago, NeoSamurai said:

it also depends on how they're supposed to work now (i.e. if they're persistant or must be invoked for effect)

I've just found something else.  The Demon Bride, also known as Obsidian Flower, is a Lost.  She specifically stole a Black Scroll from the Yogo, ran off to the Shadowlands  with it.  She then used the unspeakable knowledge within to transform herself.  Sounds like at least one was opened centuries ago!