T-70 X-wing - •Jaycris Tubbs - 50
    •Jaycris Tubbs - Loving Father (50)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)

T-70 X-wing - •Kare Kun - 53
    •Kare Kun - Woman of Action (53)

Total: 197/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I would appreciate some help, please.  I have three points left and I am not sure if I should spend them or keep the bid.  The closest I have to a strategy for this list is to keep Tubbs near Rey to use his ability.  Further feedback would also be appreciated.  After playing around with lists a lot, I think that Resistance Aces fits my current style best.  Thank you in advance.

So there's a lot going on here but it doesn't look to be going anywhere.

Clusters, and so, IA: not worth it on Rey - her primary is plenty good enough

That leaves 10 points. Now, I don't really like your choices of T-70 pilots, but if they work for you, then rock n' roll, hombre. However, I would at least give Papa Tubbs an R4 astro to expand his blues. Maybe give Rey C-3PO and a TacOff for kicks - still get a calc along with her force, but also share some lovely actions with her friends

I would agree with dumping clusters and Instinctive aim. If you've got 10 points spare, the obvious thing to add to Rey is Finn in the gunner's seat. His ability is tailor-made to dovetail with hers.

If you're planning to have Tubbs fly wing for the falcon, then I'd swap Engine Upgrade for Rey's Millenium Falcon - being stressed is no real inconvenience if R4 Tubbs can burn the stress off quickly, and being able to pull a segnor's loop whilst stressed is incredibly valuable for the technically-I-have-a-turret-but-not-really-given-my-pilot-ability Rey. Swapping Engine Upgrade for R4 on Tubbs and the Title is a straight swap.

I'm not sure about Kare. I like her ability but she's at her best when you can afford to give her Afterburners and/or BB-8; her boost actions are better than normal but unlike Snap she doesn't naturally get them for free; to get the most out of her you still want a focus token or target lock to take advantage of the superior shot you've positioned yourself to get.

Jess Pava doesn't feel like a great choice with only a single wingman in the same ship.

Lieutenant Bastian might be nice, though - delivering a nice chunk of firepower if any enemy ship takes damage - and at only 48 points, you save 5 over Kare you can afford to give him a heavy laser cannon mount, which if he can centreline a big ship will deliver a serious dent.

Alternatively, a Blue Squadron Rookie with M9-G8 gives Rey a permenant pseudo-target-lock, which again plays into the title by allowing her to fight to pretty much full effect whilst stressed.

Thank you for your help.  As per suggestions, I have changed my list to the following.

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Rey - 95
    •Rey - Resourceful Scavenger (80)
        •Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)
        •Finn (10)

T-70 X-wing - •Jaycris Tubbs - 52
    •Jaycris Tubbs - Loving Father (50)
        R4 Astromech (2)

T-70 X-wing - •Lieutenant Bastian - 52
    •Lieutenant Bastian - Optimistic Analyst (48)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I flew the above list against a Republic formation.  It was a good learning experience.  I lost, but I thought I learned a lot about how to fly this list.  The main thing is that I need to let Rey get ahead of Tubbs early to best make us of his ability.  I think that I have found my list.  I just need to "get gud."

22 hours ago, Nohwear said:

I lost, but I thought I learned a lot about how to fly this list.  The main thing is that I need to let Rey get ahead of Tubbs early to best make us of his ability.  I think that I have found my list.  I just need to "get gud."

Every new list is a learning experience. As long as you keep taking useful lessons away from each game, and react first by changing tactics before list, you can evolve anything into a serious competitor. 

And yeah - Tubbs' ability is nice but the fact that he needs to be in close range after he moves means a bit of forethoughts with Rey, since Tubbs moves first