Sign in to follow this  
Karneck

SWAE humbly asks for your help

14 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

It was still streamed though, which is more than FFG did for their biggest Armada event of the year.  And the commentary was great.  Those guys really knew their stuff.  They should start an Armada blog.  Or two.

They do cannot get your ship out

19 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

Stupid move by youtube.  

I understand why they did. Live streaming as you murder people would make me reevaulate polices as well.

I just wish there was a better way than putting a high cap on it.

Edited by Karneck

As shown when the community rallied to support Luke of MOTF, really humbled by the support.

I've gained 200 supporters in less than 24 hours. I'm absolutely blown away.

My goal is to not only Live Stream games or make explanations videos. But also interviews with players, judges, and FFG if that's possible.

If FFG cannot create the community content we wish they would, it means we need to create what we want to see.

I have a lot of ideas, I'm always open to new ones. 

Thank you for your support.

Edited by Karneck

2 hours ago, Karneck said:

I understand why they did. Live streaming as you murder people would make me reevaulate polices as well.

I just wish there was a better way than putting a high cap on it.

I get the need, but I have seen people on YouTube with a much higher sub count than that who are unstable. This is not the right answer and it will backfire on them. 

19 hours ago, Karneck said:

All right folks. I hate asking for stuff, I either can do it or I don't kind of guy.

Youtube just placed a limit on my channel stating that I need 1000 subs in order to livestream from my mobile phone. Livestreaming from my mobile is how I was able to record all my games from worlds, how I was able to stream worlds, and how, when I travel, am able to post up games from local tournaments.

Next month on May 11th, I was going to live stream what is likely to be, the FIRST 800 point tournament (of hopefully 3 rounds time permitting). Livestreaming is HUGE for my channel, I garner way more subs and watch time from livestreams than I do from anything else. My phone does not have the ability to record these games and then upload them to youtube.

I'm currently a little over 300 subs, I'm asking if you will do me a favor and sub my channel so that I can reach 1000 by May 11th. If, after that point, you don't wish to stay subbed, I respect that. My content isn't for everyone. I hope you'll share this with other star wars armada nerds wanting to support new community content.

https://www.youtube.com/SWAEStarwarsarmadaexplained

My gratitude,

Karneck

Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) 

Subscribed.

But I still don't understand how Overload Pulse works with Avenger. Plz explain...

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@Karneck have you thought about posting this in the X-wing forum?  The flyboys might help us out.

I have not, but not sure if they would be interested in what is (currently) only a Star Wars Armada focused channel.

1 minute ago, Karneck said:

I have not, but not sure if they would be interested in what is (currently) only a Star Wars Armada focused channel.

It's less about an actual interest in the game and more about giving your fellow Star Wars product a hand.  I'd probably sub if an Imperial Assault channel asked.  Just a random idea, though.

Subscribed.

Being able to watch the Worlds finals meant a lot to me. I could not attend this year, but can really enjoy high level games.

And this year felt special :

- first imperial victory

- first European victory

- Nathan reaching finals two years in a row - and again with a list with cards noone ever seen played at high level (Hera last year, Ketsu this year), with a medium squadron commitment ...

- Tokra winning it with a Centicore-centered list ... not sure that's what the meta predicted.

We have had years trying to figure the current meta, and both finals list still manage to be somewhat surprising ...

- and the game felt quite tight and very well played.

It was very important to me to be able to watch that live, and I guess it was for others too. The slow pace of products is one thing, but communicating about competitions is another one, much easier to fix. I don't play tons of Xwing, but I certainly enjoy watching Gold Squadron podcast to 'keep up' even while I can't attend many tournaments.

For such a long wave with no releases, I think it is crazy how many fleets archetypes have come and gone.

Game isn't perfect (data reflects changes need to happen) but it awesome to see such unique lists show up in top 2 with no large base ships.

Thank you to everyone who has supported my channel by subscribing so far.

I've now received over 400 new subscribers, my goal of hitting 1000, I thought I was going to struggle on reaching but everyday I'm amazed at how much closer that goal is.

I will be holding some kind of raffle in order to thank all of you.