Jake898

B1 Battle Droid Colors to use for painting.

What types of tan and washes/shades will people be using to paint their minis? I mainly use GW paints and shades and was wondering what would be some good options for both the normal scheme or even the Geonosis scheme.  Grevious i have figured out but i want to paint my B1s the classic tan with a light wash but cant quite figure out which colors/washes to use. Any input would be awesome!

18 hours ago, Jake898 said:

What types of tan and washes/shades will people be using to paint their minis? I mainly use GW paints and shades and was wondering what would be some good options for both the normal scheme or even the Geonosis scheme.  Grevious i have figured out but i want to paint my B1s the classic tan with a light wash but cant quite figure out which colors/washes to use. Any input would be awesome!

Not sure till I test but I think im going to try a simple Codex Grey spray base(very light grey) the a top down white spray.....then just apply Seraphim Sepia and see if it works.  Might need thinning or mixing with Agrax, not sure.

Edited by VAYASAN

I use all Vallejo colors, and my shades of brown range from Saddle Brown, Flat Earth, U.S. Field Drab, Tan Earth, and Dark Sand, I will probably find a blend there that matches the B1's sandy-brown/tan appearance. I pretty much use those shades for any shade of brown or tan that I need to paint a figure.

Most likely, since Tan Earth is a very light sandy brown, I'll use mostly that, with possibly some white or Dark Sand (more yellowish) mixed in.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

I'm probably going to cheat and use nazreg? Yellow over the wraithbone base. Then find a really light layer colour for highlights, also my new mix for weapons which is black Templar over leadbelcher. 

Fast and effective

Edited by Ralgon