VAYASAN

All Rogue One done.

It’s a great job man.  I really like the way the rebel uniforms come together. For whatever reason your brown leather looks terrific and I like your color scheme on Jyn too. Krennic looks great.

May i ask where you got the Lambda class shuttle? i´m searaching for days for a model that approximately would fit the scale of 1:50 but am unable to so far.

14 minutes ago, Taiowaa said:

May i ask where you got the Lambda class shuttle? i´m searaching for days for a model that approximately would fit the scale of 1:50 but am unable to so far.

Hi.  I cant remember the exact model number sorry (got it before legion launched) but it was a Revell kit...there were loads of the on ebay.

If there is a search function on here...I know 100% when I posted the finished Scariff board...I got asked about the shuttle and I replied with the model number etc on it.

29 minutes ago, Taiowaa said:

Just checked ebay...it might have been one of these- 

STAR WARS Imperial Shuttle Tidirium - Easykit - Revell 06716

Box says 191mm on front.  sounds about right.  In truth its too small for Legion compared to what a shuttle should be...but imo for terrain it works great.

If it was to scale it would prob take half the table up 😀

On 4/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, BigBadAndy said:

It’s a great job man.  I really like the way the rebel uniforms come together. For whatever reason your brown leather looks terrific and I like your color scheme on Jyn too. Krennic looks great.

Thanks....want to know a dirty secret for the browns on the trousers?

Its Base Coat Corax White, top down (angle) white spray...then just some brown sufficiently thinned with water so the white shows through.  It can still be a bit light, so Agrax Earthshade = shades and also the highlights show through so no messing highlighting.

Im getting so lazy with so much to paint hehe.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 11:23 PM, RedAnya said:

Awesome work! May I ask what colours you used for your Pathfinders (especially for Pao)?

Sorry only just noticed this.  Dont know if im too late but I can check when im home later tonight if it helps(hope i can remember them when I check them)

Edited by VAYASAN

4 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Sorry only just noticed this.  Dont know if im too late but I can check when im home later tonight if it helps(hope i can remember them when I check them)

That would be great!

1 minute ago, RedAnya said:

That would be great!

No worries, after work later ill take a look and see what I can work out....it was a while since I painted em 😵

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RedAnya said:

That would be great!

OK, its  long time ago and a lot painted since.

Most of the Pathfinders were sprayed gray..then a white spray from above.

All the main painting was done with water thinned paints..which allows he highlights of the base coat to show through(if the paint is thinned enough).

The blue armour/jackets are GW Steggadon Scale Green(its more of a blue)  

The trousers for Pao I think were thinned Thinox Hide, the rest of the rebels clothes were a mixtureof Zandri Dust and Steel Legion drab.....all washed with a coat of either Agrax earth shade or drakehoff for the blue.

No highlighting.

Paos boots were just Mournfang brown.

IMO if the paint is thinned enough, after  base coat it looks a little ropey..but with the wash, it settles into the groves while letting the raised areas look like highlights due to the white base coat and very thinned paints.   

Its a bit of trial and error getting the right thinning balance.

Hope it helps.

Edit to say I think Paos face was DEath Guard green...again using same method of thinned paints to let highlights of undercoat show through...and I think with a wash of athonian camoshade

Edited by VAYASAN