Jump to content
pan82

Do you know if FantasyFlightGames still answer questions about the game?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, becauseofyou said:

I don't drink alcoholics and don't smoke. As I have three young children I don't go out at night. 

 

So I have lots of money to spend for games and compared to the things mentioned above its still less expensive. And I can use it with my children. There is nothing like gaming slaves 🤣

 

I have rather many expansions even if they are a bit more expensive than only the base game. It allows me to dig more into a game I like. 

With the exception of Eliza Farrow I don't think any of us drink alcoholics....

Seriously though with the base you get a campaign, with the big box expansions that are significantly cheaper than the core you also get a campaign. So I feel like I'm winning out there, especially since I don't need to learn a whole new rules system. It's after that where things kind of head down hill...

By the time we get to lieutenants it's pretty ridiculous. It made sense in 1st edition, there were a bunch of different lieutenant options. Most of which you would never use and so instead of paying for them all for no reason you'd just buy the single mini you wanted at a price which was the going rate for single mini's at the time.

Now you're paying 5 times the going rate for single mini's just to get the threat mechanic back which should have been part of the base game to begin with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bucho said:

With the exception of Eliza Farrow I don't think any of us drink alcoholics....

Seriously though with the base you get a campaign, with the big box expansions that are significantly cheaper than the core you also get a campaign. So I feel like I'm winning out there, especially since I don't need to learn a whole new rules system. It's after that where things kind of head down hill...

By the time we get to lieutenants it's pretty ridiculous. It made sense in 1st edition, there were a bunch of different lieutenant options. Most of which you would never use and so instead of paying for them all for no reason you'd just buy the single mini you wanted at a price which was the going rate for single mini's at the time.

Now you're paying 5 times the going rate for single mini's just to get the threat mechanic back which should have been part of the base game to begin with...

The Plot deck system should be inside the base game ? Strange arguement ... Then, all should be ! Maybe lieutenants pack are a bit expensive to you, but for myself, since I used to play miniature games, 10 buck for a single figure is far to be expensive. And they do not come with a gameplay with it.

So, basically, even if the game looks a bit expensive all bought, with is huge and almost unlimited replayability, I would love to give more money to more expansion.

It's because many of you think that way that the game expansions stopped. I would rather have a sole game with unlimited expansion than many one with only base game. I've played descent more than any of my other games as a whole. And I think the same about video games, I rather a real good one with DLC opposite to many small games without some. A good game need some "rego" stuff, while other games are left behind after few games. This ones, I don't care at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 7:01 AM, rugal said:

The Plot deck system should be inside the base game ? Strange arguement ... Then, all should be ! Maybe lieutenants pack are a bit expensive to you, but for myself, since I used to play miniature games, 10 buck for a single figure is far to be expensive. And they do not come with a gameplay with it.

The threat system was built into Descent 1ed and it worked well. Removing it from the core game was a mistake which is why they retrofitted it back in with the lieutenant packs AND having learned their lesson included it in the base game for Imperial Assault. Also I expect to pay about $2 for a mini that fits in a single square. This is even proving true in Runewars...

Quote

It's because many of you think that way that the game expansions stopped.

Dude, knock it off.

58420055_2324823781095028_1909090066601345024_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bucho said:

58420055_2324823781095028_1909090066601345024_n.jpg

That tasty second shelf. Does that mean you have all of 1st edition. I envy you. Please FFG find some excuse to bring the missing minis over :) Although I have now a big Sweetheart, just need to use something else on the board.

 

Mind you I do have Sea, Tomb and  Well, if i can find some bits that are still packed somewhere from a housemove (I hope).

 

Every gamer should have a Descent shelf :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bucho said:

Dude, knock it off.

58420055_2324823781095028_1909090066601345024_n.jpg

Fine, sorry, my mistake :)

I sold back my V1, since I never play it anymore, I don't find the point to keep a game that takes useless space in my shelf

Edited by rugal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

That tasty second shelf. Does that mean you have all of 1st edition. I envy you. Please FFG find some excuse to bring the missing minis over :) Although I have now a big Sweetheart, just need to use something else on the board.

I don't have some of the lieutenant minis for 1e because there's never been a need for them *shrug* I've gotten the conversion kit so that minis from my second copy of 1e can fight alongside their 2e companions ergo I've never been leading the crusade for content I already have but if I could find a newer sculpt of Varikas anywhere in the terrinoth universe I would end up getting it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rugal said:

I sold back my V1, since I never play it anymore, I don't find the point to keep a game that takes useless space in my shelf

Sorry to hear that, it's a great game and still makes it to the table here because of its non campaign nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bucho said:

Sorry to hear that, it's a great game and still makes it to the table here because of its non campaign nature.

No reason to be. Descent V2 do the exact stuff in beter way to my opinion, and I do have my players for full campaigns. And if non campaigns play shows up, I've got few other games for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lightningclaw said:

I’ve been longingly checking eBay for Descent 1st edition, but I simply cannot afford it right now.

2nd edition is probably my favorite board game, but **** I’d love to play first edition.

Price-wise it's a great value and a great game. I'm sure there will still be copies around when you put together the money for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...