Sign in to follow this  
TwitchyBait

Sell or keep, nepthene/library access/reverse time/keycharge/chato hazri

Posted (edited)

Just got this, torn on wether to sell or keep. Has the nice nepthene seed/library access/phase shift infinite combo. Lacks amazing direct aember generation but reverse time, and keycharge+chota Hazri kinda make up for it. Trying to figure out how much it’d go for.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/deaf0984-9c1f-400f-9193-8ea0db6a9a35

Edited by TwitchyBait

Posted (edited)

Dude, just tested it out on the crucible. it's awesome. The combo with reverse time is even more broken than usual.

Admittedly, I had library access and nepenthe in ym first hand so I jsut got the ball rolling so easy but still.

Edited by Deuzerre

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Deuzerre said:

It's actually VERY good because you have Reverse Time in it as well.
So you can actually get your library access combo much more easily.

Yeah I tossed it up on ebay. It’s also possible to win on your first turn if you’re the second player to go though all draws need to be nigh perfect.

Edited by TwitchyBait

47 minutes ago, dpuck1998 said:

I have a feeling this combo will get a nerf before long, its is a bad play experience.  Sell sell sell!!  

Unlikely, it still can be countered somewhat by discarding cards from your opponents hands, purging, archiving their logos cards in your archives, using or destroying their nephem seed, etc. The games chain system kinda of self-nerds in that I’d the decks win they’ll be chained till they cant

2 minutes ago, TwitchyBait said:

Unlikely, it still can be countered somewhat by discarding cards from your opponents hands, purging, archiving their logos cards in your archives, using or destroying their nephem seed, etc. The games chain system kinda of self-nerds in that I’d the decks win they’ll be chained till they cant

True, once it hits a tournament then it is power leveled to no longer useable in chainbound.   It is still a poor experience, so maybe they will just chain certain cards that make it that way.  

4 minutes ago, dpuck1998 said:

True, once it hits a tournament then it is power leveled to no longer useable in chainbound.   It is still a poor experience, so maybe they will just chain certain cards that make it that way.  

Can be, my best recommendation if you see a list like this put out anything that increases key cost, discard cards from your opponents hand as the less they have the harder it is to pull off, rush your aember keys they’ll be more focused on just hitting the combo. If they get nepenthe seed out control it with something like poltergeist, nexus etc. Just like with any other competitive deck being aware of how your opponents list works. The decks with this combo tend to have little in the way of flexibility and so you can stall them long enough to rush a win by foiling the combo.

28 minutes ago, TwitchyBait said:

Can be, my best recommendation if you see a list like this put out anything that increases key cost, discard cards from your opponents hand as the less they have the harder it is to pull off, rush your aember keys they’ll be more focused on just hitting the combo. If they get nepenthe seed out control it with something like poltergeist, nexus etc. Just like with any other competitive deck being aware of how your opponents list works. The decks with this combo tend to have little in the way of flexibility and so you can stall them long enough to rush a win by foiling the combo.

For sure, defiantly ways to beat them, but you need to hit those cards when needed as well.  That is the fun of a non-deck building game!

This one has only two-three counters:
Logos card that prevents using actions
Anything that breaks/uses artefacts - But not really with this deck since you can get back your discard
DIS cards that force you to use an other house

But really, you can't counter it once it starts rolling. And with the number of cards you can draw per turn... Like you have Quixo and the Sanctum card that readies and uses a card: More draw since you have phase shift.

It's just very good.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dpuck1998 said:

Interesting though, is how its below average on the ratings:  

https://decksofkeyforge.com/decks/deaf0984-9c1f-400f-9193-8ea0db6a9a35

Yeah, well there's not a ton of direct aember generation but you have x2 Hunting Witch (not sure it fully accounts for that when you can play a ton of creatures once the combo rolls out and get a huge boost as a result) similarly it doesn't control aember much or kill creatures much so basically it's only good because of that one combo otherwise it would be a bad deck but the combo saves it because it only needs to happen once to win or get you so close to winning you'll win the following turn and thus SAS has a hard time catching that since it involves playing the same cards over and over again in the same turn multiplying their value where as normally without that specific combination those cards wouldn't be nearly as useful. So basically it's giving cards a singular value when the combo allows for you to play them several (up to six) times in a single turn thus inflating their usefulness during, but only during, said combo and I believe that's just one of the things the SAS system isn't able to catch.

Edited by TwitchyBait

That's a powerful deck. When it hits, it wins,  but if the library access combo doesn't hit it probably struggles to still win. I'd say auction it with a reserve price you're willing to part with it for, because someone will likely want it and it isn't consistent enough to hold on to. Put that price pretty high though, I have a deck that has phase shift / library access / reverse time that went 4-0 in chainbound recently and the ONLY thing I wish it had was Key Forge or Chota. 

On 4/21/2019 at 6:54 AM, Archamedes said:

That's a powerful deck. When it hits, it wins,  but if the library access combo doesn't hit it probably struggles to still win. I'd say auction it with a reserve price you're willing to part with it for, because someone will likely want it and it isn't consistent enough to hold on to. Put that price pretty high though, I have a deck that has phase shift / library access / reverse time that went 4-0 in chainbound recently and the ONLY thing I wish it had was Key Forge or Chota. 

Already sold for 314$