Techno Union Bomber + Proximity Mines + Landing Struts

w-what

Sep Bombers can boogie.

9 hours ago, dsul413 said:

I watched his top 4 and final match and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Cool list and well flown.

This weekend I'm taking Chertek, four TUBs w/prox/struts. and a vulture to a local to see how it fairs.

Is there anywhere to watch the games from Brazil? :)

And good luck with the list!

Flew my clankers for the very first time today. My goal in listbuilding was primarily to get all my models on the table, with “goodness” as a secondary consideration. Though I made choices like Sear/Kraken due to their reputation, and O-66 because of possible shared Calculate shenanigans. Plus the Tractor Beam to hopefully set up the rank-and-file for a big round of shooting (which, sadly, didn’t happen):

Captain Sear (39)
Kraken (10)
Impervium Plating (4)
Soulless One (6)

0-66 (52)
Tractor Beam (2)

DBS-404 (30)

Trade Federation Drone (19)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

My overall impression of these guys was very favorable. I’ve developed a frustrating tendency to misjudge banks lately, so the droids’ gravitation toward hard turns was a godsend. The shared and stored (via Kraken) Calculate situation was fantastic. Being able to dial in almost anything on the Belbullab all the time was great. Weirdly enough, DBS-404 was probably my #1 damage dealer; the Hyena chassis’ roll-lock proved to be a strong combo with Networked Calculations for dishing out pain and staying on target.

With all that said, we ended up calling the game in my opponent’s favor. He flew a Scum efficiency list that leaned on Kavil & Serissu with Swarm Tactics to pull their helper monkeys up to I5, which made for a tough and grueling struggle. I gave almost as good as I got, and I came away feeling good about it—as well as Separatists in general.

While the Vultures and Hyena were pure awesome for the most part (plus or minus a turn when two Vultures got deleted suddenly and unceremoniously), I had a harder time with the Belbullab and Sith Infiltrator. Not that they didn’t have promise or shine at moments! With Sear in the Belbullab, there wasn’t a single turn when I didn’t benefit directly from him—but he was absolutely the most bump-prone guy in the squad. I’ve had trouble flying higher-I guys alongside hordes before, so this wasn’t a huge shocker for me, but it was annoying to have Sear end up unable to fire turn after turn because I couldn’t position him worth a dang. (Clearly I have a bright future in Epic with Wings). In the case of O-66 in the Infiltrator, I didn’t really get to use him much before he got nuked; I was pleased with his dial for the most part, but he ran out into a killbox, took some heat, failed to guess his way out of a second round of it, and ended up buying a server farm.

Very fun faction, though. I’m looking forward to digging in more with these guys! (Less sure about getting the Nantex, though; if there was ever a ship I’d want to try before buying, that’d be it.)

Edited by CoffeeMinion
You always find the typo after you hit post

On 12/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, dsul413 said:

I watched his top 4 and final match and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Cool list and well flown.

This weekend I'm taking Chertek, four TUBs w/prox/struts. and a vulture to a local to see how it fairs.

Went 3-1 this weekend and took second at the tournament I played in. My one loss was with my other list due to hangar bay rules. I really enjoyed this list. Here's to hoping it doesn't get smacked down with the points update in January (it will, I'm sure.)

Reboot the thread. The time comes.

Hyperspace now. Extended problems stay in extended. Era of Nantex is over, era of Infiltrators and Hyenas beginning. Most bombs and missiles gone. Vultures still good. F for B22s, they were good boys. 

Mostly irrelevant points buff plus major TA-175 mechanical buff make 0-66 look like a good carrier. Dooku tractor beaming things for a Vulture swarm has to cut just a single card somewhere. 32C still seems bad but as the new cheapest option maybe makes something key fit that otherwise doesn't. Hyenas are cheaper now. Take DRK-1 Hyenas. They're good. No missiles or bombs though, so Hyenas in a weird spot. Cluster mine spam might be broken. Mag pulse missiles might be broken, but probably not in this faction. Ion missiles are still cheap and concussion missiles and torpedoes exist. Trip aces should be less common (but not truly exterminated) so ordnance might be unnecessary. Buzz droids. Bzzz.

Name Vultures still bad, no change. Shoulda traded config for talent on Hunters to create an identity. Maybe someday. Named Hyenas mildly better. 0-66 and Maul mildly better. TA-175 mildly nerfed but wait no actually also buffed. Hard to hit an 8ship list that feels good with Infiltrator prices, not impossible. Cheaper Hyenas singing a siren song from across the waves, but 5ppm adds up quickly to fewer models in play. Droids before toys was the strategy of the last meta, and there are fewer toys available now, but one still needs a way to push damage through 3 agility force users.

A warship crests the horizon.

droid_gunship_20546779.jpeg?region=363,0

It is beautiful.

769ed643d33ebafdb3dd18c28de33eea.png

I'm not sure where to go from here. Hyena swarm may be a thing.

This was my old list. Maybe it still works.

We're All Droids Here Baktoid

(44) General Grievous [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(1) Crack Shot
(6) Soulless One

(28) Baktoid Prototype [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(6) Diamond-Boron Missiles

(25) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(5) DRK-1 Probe Droids
(6) Concussion Missiles

(19) Trade Federation Drone [Vulture-class Droid Fighter]
(1) Grappling Struts
(5) Energy-Shell Charges

(1) Grappling Struts
(5) Energy-Shell Charges

(1) Grappling Struts
(5) Energy-Shell Charges

Total points: 198

I can drop crack shot to give the vultures conc missiles. Maybe that's better?

https://xwingdebrief.wordpress.com/2020/01/11/acquisition-strategy-2-gunships-woo/

Wrote some words about the HMP coming into the faction. I'm excited for it.

I've been playing a lot of proximity mine-Hyena play lately and its been really fun. I may stick with it for LVO. None of the lists I've run have been pure Hyena/prox, but 4-5 of them make for some fun times.

So, finally had a game in with hyperspace Separatists since the new  points.

(40) DBS-32C [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(10) Kraken

(30) DBS-404 [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes

(25) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(13) Proton Torpedoes

(1) Grappling Struts
(4) Discord Missiles

(1) Grappling Struts
(4) Discord Missiles

(1) Grappling Struts
(4) Discord Missiles

Total points: 199

I needed a reason to fly 32c over Sear (who is cheaper and has a better ability). Managed to get the adv torp off from 404 on quickdraw for 5 hits/crits which was very satisfying, plus coord the TUB for proton torp on Vonreg.

I'm very much enjoying adding tricks to my lists, and this seems to have some answers.

What other HS lists have people been trying? Dont really rate an Infiltrator alongside a swarm...

Has anyone looked at Hive Guards with Gravitic? Expected hits against 3 focused attacks is **** close to identical (2.6 vs. 2.8) for 3 dice or 2 dice with 1 re-roll (assuming a focus going into the turn), and if you fly two together you get the two re-rolls...but 39 points may be a little rich for what you get at I3.

Edited by dsul413

8 hours ago, dsul413 said:

Has anyone looked at Hive Guards with Gravitic? Expected hits against 3 focused attacks is **** close to identical (2.6 vs. 2.8) for 3 dice or 2 dice with 1 re-roll (assuming a focus going into the turn), and if you fly two together you get the two re-rolls...but 39 points may be a little rich for what you get at I3.