Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

In my area I6’s are pretty common and they all come with at least a 5 point bid so Sun Fac just isn’t feasible at his current cost. If he is not moving last you might as well save 30 points and bring Chertek. I actually cannot remember the last game I played where my opponent didn’t have an I6 or two.

Edited by Caduceus01

I have a question about the Nantex and it's special ability.  Does it get to do the turret change and it's action?  I thought the turret change was it's action, but my friend says it's just like some Jedi ability (that he plays).  You do the move....and in the move phase, you do the turret change.   Once that is done, you still get your actual move.  Is this correct?  If so, the Nantex is much better than I had thought.  

I had a game tonight with Berwer, 4 Vultures with ESC, and a TUB with DRK Probe and Concussion Missiles.  I really made some mistakes so that I didn't have TL's and Calculates in the first volley.  Also, the TUB was not facing the right direction.   I flew against two IG-88's and Zuckuss (a list that ripped me apart before).  Berwer got Range 1 in Bullseye after dropping a Tractor token on one IG-88.  I got 4 hits through!  I messed up the actions, though, and Vultures didn't have TL.  He killed 1 Vulture and I managed to kill one IG-88 in a single turn!   It was pretty good.  The TB token really makes a difference.  I made some bad mistakes throughout, but still ended up winning with Berwer and the TUB left.  

Those little ships are dynamite! 

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I have a question about the Nantex and it's special ability.  Does it get to do the turret change and it's action?  I thought the turret change was it's action, but my friend says it's just like some Jedi ability (that he plays).  You do the move....and in the move phase, you do the turret change.   Once that is done, you still get your actual move.  Is this correct?  If so, the Nantex is much better than I had thought.  

yes. It's essentially fine tuned controls, but paying by becoming tractored instead of spending force. It is still a rotate action - so you can still only do it when you can do a rotate action (stress or similar will lock down your pinpoint tractor array) and you must rotate as part of a rotate action; it's not an action which can fail; if no rotate, no tractoring.

Note that repositioning when you become tractored is optional. So you can slew your turret without repositioning, but can't reposition without slewing the turret.

3 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Question about bumping the Nantex.  If you bump, but Barrel Roll off a ship, do you get an action? If it's all timing that happens in the movement portion of a ship, do you then get to do an action if you aren't bumped?

Partially executing a maneuver leads to "skipping your perform action step" so even if you tractor yourself off what was bumped, you still bumped and didn't complete the maneuver. 

4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Question about bumping the Nantex.  If you bump, but Barrel Roll off a ship, do you get an action? If it's all timing that happens in the movement portion of a ship, do you then get to do an action if you aren't bumped?

Since you bumped you don't get the action. You still did not fully execute the maneuver

Gonna run this at a small event tomorrow.

Sun Fac (54)    
    Ensnare (24)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 2  

Berwer Kret (40)    
    Ensnare (16)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 58  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 2   

Trade Federation Drone (19)    
Ship total: 19  Half Points: 10  Threshold: 2    

Total: 195

Mainly to try and figure out how they fly, I've really been looking forward to the Nantex, absolutely love tractor beam shenanigans (flew old para quite a bit). 

My “what are these and how do they fly” casual list: 

Medley

(44) General Grievous [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(4) Impervium Plating
(1) Crack Shot
(6) Soulless One

(39) Chertek [Nantex-class Starfighter]
(10) Ensnare
(3) Intimidation

(30) DBS-404 [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
(1) Landing Struts
(5) Energy-Shell Charges
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes

(38) Petranaki Arena Ace [Nantex-class Starfighter]
(10) Ensnare
(3) Intimidation

Total points: 200

General Shenanigans 

(6) Soulless One

(10) Ensnare
(1) Crack Shot

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

7 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

General Shenanigans 

(6) Soulless One

(10) Ensnare
(1) Crack Shot

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

I played a similar list tonight. I had impervium on Grievous instead of the second talent on the Nantex. Man the Nantex are weird to fly but they just murder lower initiative ships. My opponent played a sinker swarm and I killed sinker on the second round of combat after passing him a tractor both turns so he had no agility. I really like the I4’s and will be interested to see them up against higher initiative ships.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, DXCrazytrain said:

General Shenanigans 

(6) Soulless One

(10) Ensnare
(1) Crack Shot

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

(10) Ensnare
(2) Predator

Hey give credit where credit is due on this list!

Has people be Gonking around with Count Dooku by using his ability etc? I had good time with Dooku and he seems pretty strong. I was able to clean Inquisitor and Whisperer with Dooku as he wad my last ship at the moment.

7 hours ago, Zazaa32 said:

Has people be Gonking around with Count Dooku by using his ability etc? I had good time with Dooku and he seems pretty strong. I was able to clean Inquisitor and Whisperer with Dooku as he wad my last ship at the moment.

XY won the Australian system open with a list that had Dooku pilot as its hammer.

4 minutes ago, Green Squadron 3 said:

What was the list?? :) 

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z334X72W13WW219WWWW216W220Y279XW208WY279XW208WY279XW208WY279XW208WY279XW208WY279XW208W&sn=XY List&obs=

Dooku (with Tractor Beam, Heightened Perception, K2-B4, Grievious Crew and Title) and 6x Trade Drones with Struts.

Edited by PsychoCC

5 hours ago, Green Squadron 3 said:

So how do you guys find the Tractor Beam nerf??? Also any thoughts about Nantex??? :) 

I've managed two games with Nantex, one game against.  They are...odd.  Very, very odd.  I only picked up one, and it feels like they need to be run in pairs?  Maybe?  I've not yet encountered a Sun Fac in any fashion, but Chertek has utility - sort of.  But I think - and this is still early days - that the Stalgasins and the Petranakis are going to be the shining examples of the form.  Sun Fac may be decent, but the generics feel perhaps better justified in their cost - but I'm not an Ace-player, so what do I know.

The tractor nerf, though.  That HURT.  My second game with Chertek was against Ketsu...plus something else.  Suffice to say it negated Ensnare entirely, and therefore negated Chertek's pilot ability.  He became just an i4 with a great dial and a wonky set of firing arcs.  Game last night, I ran DenGuri (glutton for punishment, yes) against three Vultures, DBS-404, Chertek, and Berwer.  Chertek had Ensnare, and Berwer had Snap/Juke.  So I had a large base, and the initiative advantage, AND it was the first time my opponent had put Nantex on the table.  Ensnare *never* triggered.  Snap Shot only triggered once, for no effect.  There was a single bulls-eye shot in the game, at range 3.  They are *really* difficult ships to fly.  Still, end of the game, it was 149-152 because Scum is hardly over-powered and even a mini-swarm of Vultures can shift some pain.

Initial reaction, then, is that the Nantex is going to require much practice, but is entertaining.  I just don't know where all the hate and the doom an gloom is coming from in that other thread.  Also, given the tractor nerf, maybe Gravitic Deflection is the go-to Talent for the generics?

9 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

The tractor nerf, though.  That HURT.  My second game with Chertek was against Ketsu...plus something else.  Suffice to say it negated Ensnare entirely, and therefore negated Chertek's pilot ability.  He became just an i4 with a great dial and a wonky set of firing arcs. 

Or, he's actually one of the few ships that can block Ketsu and that she can't tractor out of the way.  Remember, you only get moved the first time your tractored now, so even if he doesn't move himself, as long as he tractors himself, she can't tractor him which actually makes Ketsu pretty weak.  Her normal upside is that, even if you block her, she still gets to range 1 you while you're -1 die which is completely negated by the Nantex.

50 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Or, he's actually one of the few ships that can block Ketsu and that she can't tractor out of the way.  Remember, you only get moved the first time your tractored now, so even if he doesn't move himself, as long as he tractors himself, she can't tractor him which actually makes Ketsu pretty weak.  Her normal upside is that, even if you block her, she still gets to range 1 you while you're -1 die which is completely negated by the Nantex.

Yes, fine.  But Ketsu is only ONE ship.