Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

3 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

One week until the Nantex arrives!!! I don’t think I have ever looked forward to playing a ship the way I am the Nantex. Afterburners Ensare Sun Fac is going to be glorious 

How many points are you willing to spend on Sun Fac w/ Ensnare and Afterburners? 

1 hour ago, RStan said:

How many points are you willing to spend on Sun Fac w/ Ensnare and Afterburners? 

With just those two upgrades I think he will probably check in somewhere is the 50-60 range

13 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

With just those two upgrades I think he will probably check in somewhere is the 50-60 range

Be ready to be disappointed...or at least we should hope you'll be disappointed...

9 minutes ago, RStan said:

Be ready to be disappointed...or at least we should hope you'll be disappointed...

Do you think he will be better than Soontir? Remember outside of afterburners we are talking about a 4 health ship that has to lower its agility to reposition, cannot bank boost, only has 3 atk in bullseye, gets one action with no force or defensive mods and has a blank ability against medium and large bases. 

Edited by Caduceus01

9 hours ago, Caduceus01 said:

Do you think he will be better than Soontir? Remember outside of afterburners we are talking about a 4 health ship that has to lower its agility to reposition, cannot bank boost, only has 3 atk in bullseye, gets one action with no force or defensive mods and has a blank ability against medium and large bases. 

It can bank boost in fact it has the best repo in the game because it can do it over clouds or debris if it needs to and it doesn't even need to fully execute to do it, it also has a turret, gets 3 actions (rotate, tractor for repo, normal action, potentially 4 if you want to count repoing the enemy when you tractor them), if you count -1 AGL an attack mod, then it can get an attack and defense mod and medium and large bases still lose 1 AGL for having any tractor tokens at all on them, they just don't move.

It's actually really good

10 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

He should cost at least as much as Scum Fenn Rau.

I'm curious how much the lower initiative ships will cost.

This ship is going to be interesting.

He should not. It's way easier to get Scum Fenn ability to proc than Sun Fac's.

15 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

It can bank boost in fact it has the best repo in the game because it can do it over clouds or debris if it needs to and it doesn't even need to fully execute to do it, it also has a turret, gets 3 actions (rotate, tractor for repo, normal action, potentially 4 if you want to count repoing the enemy when you tractor them), if you count -1 AGL an attack mod, then it can get an attack and defense mod and medium and large bases still lose 1 AGL for having any tractor tokens at all on them, they just don't move.

It's actually really good

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be good. I just said it has its drawbacks. You listed some strengths and I listed the downside so I think they kinda balance each other out. Jedi have the best repo in the game hands down by the way. Stressless double repo while still having passive mods is much better than single repo while reducing your agility and hoping you are at range 1. 

How is a Nantex bank boosting without Burners? You can only use the 1 straight template to tractor

On 9/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, RStan said:

Without ensnare we're looking at a mostly blank pilot ability, and a ship that really has to think hard about using its chassis ability a lot of the time.  I'd hate to see sun's base cost be prohibitive to running him that way.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, RStan said:

ive been playing it safe, i hope, and have gone with 80 pts without burners.

Alot of the separatist "aces" seem to be a little over priced on release. Excluding maul and dooku.

Edited by Wonderbread

5 minutes ago, Wonderbread said:

ive been playing it safe, i hope, and have gone with 80 pts without burners.

Alot of the separatist "aces" seem to be a little over priced on release. Excluding maul and dooku.

That is crazy. If he is over 60 he will be hard to fit in lists. Over 70 is for fun only territory.

Sun Fac will be good and fun but Fenn Rau he is not.

Best theory I have is that Ensanre is going to be maybe Squad Leader prices, but whatever the "deflection" one is will probably be cheap, and a non-Ensnare Sun Fac will be pretty reasonable.

There's something really nasty about putting tractor tokens on folks automatically.  That's why Ketsu is probably the best pilot Scum has.

• Flown right, Sun Fac can be tossing Anakin or Vader or Soontir or Fenn Rau onto a rock pretty much every turn, and smacking them with 4 dice attacks against reduced agility.  Sun Fac has the potential to be far more broken or busted than any other Init 6 ace in the game.
  • Flown wrong, Sun Fac does little; they're essentially an RZ-2 A-Wing, with a 2-dice turret and a 3 agility, 4 health statline.

I had to check Sun Fac again and really think about his capabilities. He is actually scary on paper, sick repositioning with cost of one agility and it can be altered with various upgrades like After Burners etc. 

Can you tractor yourself even if you would have stress or does that require you to be able to do that action?

4 minutes ago, Zazaa32 said:

I had to check Sun Fac again and really think about his capabilities. He is actually scary on paper, sick repositioning with cost of one agility and it can be altered with various upgrades like After Burners etc. 

Can you tractor yourself even if you would have stress or does that require you to be able to do that action?

Unstressed only since you have to be able to perform the Rotate action to gain the token (per Paying Costs).

1 hour ago, Caduceus01 said:

That is crazy. If he is over 60 he will be hard to fit in lists. Over 70 is for fun only territory.

Sun Fac will be good and fun but Fenn Rau he is not.

i agree completely.

maybe this was asked before but do you think this ship will get double talent or mod?

3 hours ago, Wonderbread said:

i agree completely.

maybe this was asked before but do you think this ship will get double talent or mod?

I have thought for a while that it will have double Talent for two reasons. One is the expansion comes with 4 Talents and the other is Ensare is basically necessary for the ship to function so an additional Talent makes sense.

3 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

What do you think about Heightened Perception Dooku w TB to support Nantex abilities, like Sun Fac, Chertek and Gravitic Deflections?

I think he is to expensive for that. TB Dooku only works if you have a bunch of follow up shots to capitalize on the decreased agility. I can see a Nantex basically filling the same roll that Dooku did in the list that won the AUS SOS.

9 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Unstressed only since you have to be able to perform the Rotate action to gain the token (per Paying Costs).

Okay, then I understood it right, it would have been out of hands if also while stressed. After burners are another story. You could do 3 bank, after burn boost and tractor boost or barrel roll. Point being you could "boost" twice in a row. 

Im also bit worried now for the point cost of Sun Fac. I did few test squads and tried to leave spare space for "superb" ace and came to conclusion that it should cost very similar to Soontir Fel around 50p naked and stacked with upgrades absolutely max should be 65-70p to be able to fit anything worthy with him.

Anakin Skywalker  62p

Fenn Rau 68p

Midnight 43p

Darth Vader 67p

Soontir Fel 53p

All of them are I6 pilots.. Where you think Sun Fac would fall in here?  

43 minutes ago, Zazaa32 said:

Where you think Sun Fac would fall in here?

4 hp, fast dial, 3 agility, in effect able to perform 3 actions during his activation with out stressing, dual arc and the ability to reposition through obstacles. Bare I'd say mid to high 50s, mid 60s with Ensnare.

8 hours ago, Zazaa32 said:

Okay, then I understood it right, it would have been out of hands if also while stressed. After burners are another story. You could do 3 bank, after burn boost and tractor boost or barrel roll. Point being you could "boost" twice in a row. 

Im also bit worried now for the point cost of Sun Fac. I did few test squads and tried to leave spare space for "superb" ace and came to conclusion that it should cost very similar to Soontir Fel around 50p naked and stacked with upgrades absolutely max should be 65-70p to be able to fit anything worthy with him.

Anakin Skywalker  62p

Fenn Rau 68p

Midnight 43p

Darth Vader 67p

Soontir Fel 53p

All of them are I6 pilots.. Where you think Sun Fac would fall in here? 

Between Midnight and Fel without Ensare (high 40's, low 50 at worst).  With Ensare, I expect it to be mid 60's, maybe high 50's if they're being really charitable, but an ace that repos itself and can also repo an enemy at I6 is pretty sever (and in extreme cases tractoring them into your bullseye at R1 to hit for 5 dice while they're -1 is pretty crazy).

If the dudes over a Legion Krakow would have just included the Quick Builds in their new unboxing video we would have a rough idea of what the Nantex will cost but sadly they did not. It is the only information in those packs that we don’t know but somehow they failed to share it. Come on guys!

On 9/2/2019 at 8:08 AM, MasterShake2 said:

...Also, the I3's don't matter, I keep telling people this (and the I1 is the top pick for all of the CIS lists that are doing well).  It's one of those "you have to play it out at both initiatives" with very similar lists to see it, but the I3's don't offer anything in the current meta.

We don't all play against the tournament meta.  I3 is usually a huge difference for my games.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, Caduceus01 said:

One week until the Nantex arrives!!! I don’t think I have ever looked forward to playing a ship the way I am the Nantex. Afterburners Ensare Sun Fac is going to be glorious 

I don't get why everyone is so excited about Afterburners on Sun Fac.

====

I'm trying to think of what type of a list would be good with Sun Fac? I am thinking of primarily various Droids, but am open to anything.   I figure a Vulture/Hyena list with Sun Fac to mess with those pesky arc dodgers.

15 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I don't get why everyone is so excited about Afterburners on Sun Fac.

It comes down to being able to boost before or after the rotate + tractor reposition into position to toss the tractor token onto Sun's target. The combination works even if Sun Fac has flown through an obstacle (as long as he's not stressed, so debris might be a soft counter to part of it).

Afterburnersswz47_cards-sun-fac.pngswz_w5_card-ensnare.png

Afterburners gives it 2 charges of repositioning like a Tie Interceptor but without stress, which with Sun Fac's semi Scum Fenn Rau ability when combined with Ensnare can be brutal (4 or 5 dice depending on if the target is in turret arc or the bullseye arc).

Effectively this Sun Fac build is an amalgam of Soontir and Scum Fenn if they had Collision detector with both its charges spent (Sun Fac still gets his choice of a Focus action or an Evade action if he hasn't moved through an obstacle).

Edited by Hiemfire