Jump to content
Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

Recommended Posts

I think that it is even harder to catch enemy that you locked with DRK at range 1 than at range 2-3. Also 2K and 2T is hard to do after shooting at range 1, because of space.  But maybe it will work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think that it is even harder to catch enemy that you locked with DRK at range 1 than at range 2-3. Also 2K and 2T is hard to do after shooting at range 1, because of space.  But maybe it will work for you.

It does take some practice, but if you are playing vs. people who haven't seen it yet, it's actually not too hard.  Also, if you spread out a little bit, you can take up enough real estate that most people will bump into one of your ships and get sent to the front of them all.

It is true that they can't 5 K-turn to fire ordnance, but they probably don't need to that next turn.  If they fire their APT, they probably want to turn and reload that round and hope the Proton Bombs finish them off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, __underscore__ said:

I remember testing Drones with just struts and thinking they did pretty well, but just struggle to put enough damage through.

Turns out all they needed was an 80 point support ship to tractor things for them!

Hmmm wonder if they'll get better tractor support next wave?

 

...nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, heychadwick said:

I've been playing them for 3 weeks now.  I just got my 8th Vulture last night.   

Init 3 Separatist Droids are so much better than Init 1 Trade Federation Droids.  The Init helps them so much much against many enemy ships.  It has flat out won me games.  All of my opponents have stated that it's made a big difference in our games.  

With that in mind, I had my worst case of bad luck last night and these things got one shot so often.   I am looking to throw in a Buick (Belubalub) with K2-B4 as I think it will be better than Kraken.

 

Also:   Save your Confederate credits, boys, the Separatists will rise again!

I just got these Separatist as advance bd present and had time for two games yesterday. Currently I have Belbullab, 3x Vultures and Hyena. 

Just wanted to point out also that I did similar conclusion that they benefit a lot from higher iniative. I did won both games, but I got trouble too many times with iniative 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that I apparently have now two accounts, thanks for the 'new' ffg x-wing squadron app. Anyway I am now happy owner of Separatist faction and I have been looking in to them for quite a while now and was very happy with them at the moment. I still lack Infiltrator, but I will purchase this soonish here.

My overall understanding of X-Wing 2.0 is low at the moment, it has been 'steep' hill to climb after 1.0 and I have been playing so much less in recent years also that will contribute on that. I have been playing Scum forever and have been lacking inspiration to play them and try to invent new shenanigans etc, but Separatist made me inspired 2.0 again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zazaa32 said:

I just got these Separatist as advance bd present and had time for two games yesterday. Currently I have Belbullab, 3x Vultures and Hyena. 

Just wanted to point out also that I did similar conclusion that they benefit a lot from higher iniative. I did won both games, but I got trouble too many times with iniative 1.

 

That's because 3x Vultures and a Hyena is still below critical mass for droids.  If you're not running an SI, you really need to be looking at 7 ships, if not 8 (maybe 6, but they'd have to be a really good 6).  Also, the I3's don't matter, I keep telling people this (and the I1 is the top pick for all of the CIS lists that are doing well).  It's one of those "you have to play it out at both initiatives" with very similar lists to see it, but the I3's don't offer anything in the current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, svelok said:

Initiative kills vs Sinker swarms and generic /sfs are extremely relevant.

 

In my opinion and experience, it is not.  Maneuvering first and being able to gaurantee positioning and calculates while also buying better upgrades for more violence, at worst, performs exactly the same in those match-ups.  A local player, who's looking at droids for worlds wanted to test it for himself, so we scrimmed 2 versions of a list, the I3's didn't help in the sinker swarm at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

 

In my opinion and experience, it is not.  Maneuvering first and being able to gaurantee positioning and calculates while also buying better upgrades for more violence, at worst, performs exactly the same in those match-ups.  A local player, who's looking at droids for worlds wanted to test it for himself, so we scrimmed 2 versions of a list, the I3's didn't help in the sinker swarm at all.

Moving first can be incredibly valuable.  There's some ships which get owned by missing actions.

I know I've won games with Init kills flying Init 3 generics (other factions, but the point applies), but I'm willing to believe that some lists are better at lower Init, for these reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Moving first can be incredibly valuable.  There's some ships which get owned by missing actions.

I know I've won games with Init kills flying Init 3 generics (other factions, but the point applies), but I'm willing to believe that some lists are better at lower Init, for these reasons.

 

I would 100% argue that an action on a droid is intrinsically more valuable because that action can be used by any other droid.  A droid with 4 calculates nearby is a chore to deal with, a droid with 0 calculates nearby is 19 free points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it is strategy question if you go with lower vs higher initiative there. I still minimize my Vultures points because that HP 3 with AGI 2.. Im still figuring these ships out, but I have always been careful with these type of a ships that I would try to fly them rawish for their short lifespan. Also to remind here that Im not that active competitive player if ever have been, so I might look these things in a different angle.

Do people like Belbullab? I have watched some games online and didint see many those in the lists. I did like Grevious, did stack him quite heavy with Outmaneuver, Soulless One and Kraken. Not sure if I would really run him with Kraken or rather take Hyena for that. I was able to use him as semi-flanker but tied loosely to that 0-3 range, what I was able to keep pretty well without forcing it to be there. 

Who is the favorite Hyena pilot at moment? I did try Trajectory Simulator and some Proton Bombs, it was pretty good, but rather expensive. Still need to try 404 and Relay with Kraken.

Im afraid that I end up owning 8 Vultures eventually.. Like I had TIE Fighters and still have way too many Z-95. Need to get one Hyena more I guess and finally Infiltrator before the Nantex gets released.. And down we go the spiral of X-Wing.. 😈😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been messing with this a bit and have been really loving it:

Scorched!

(39) Captain Sear [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(10) Kraken
Points: 49

(36) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
Points: 36

(36) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
Points: 36

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

Total points: 199

Sear is such a fun pilot and the autopilots are punchy. 

 

Very serious question: how many Nantexs are you all picking up? I’ve got two on order but can see as many as four being legit. I’m so overwhelmed by the uniqueness of the chassis, it is great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, urbanyeti said:

I’ve been messing with this a bit and have been really loving it:

Scorched!

(39) Captain Sear [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(10) Kraken
Points: 49

(36) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
Points: 36

(36) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
Points: 36

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

(26) Techno Union Bomber [Hyena-class Droid Bomber]
Points: 26

Total points: 199

Sear is such a fun pilot and the autopilots are punchy. 

 

Very serious question: how many Nantexs are you all picking up? I’ve got two on order but can see as many as four being legit. I’m so overwhelmed by the uniqueness of the chassis, it is great!

I'm getting two. I think we will see diminishing returns beyond that precisely because of how unique the chassis is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zazaa32 said:

I guess it is strategy question if you go with lower vs higher initiative there. I still minimize my Vultures points because that HP 3 with AGI 2.. Im still figuring these ships out, but I have always been careful with these type of a ships that I would try to fly them rawish for their short lifespan. Also to remind here that Im not that active competitive player if ever have been, so I might look these things in a different angle.

Do people like Belbullab? I have watched some games online and didint see many those in the lists. I did like Grevious, did stack him quite heavy with Outmaneuver, Soulless One and Kraken. Not sure if I would really run him with Kraken or rather take Hyena for that. I was able to use him as semi-flanker but tied loosely to that 0-3 range, what I was able to keep pretty well without forcing it to be there.

Mass Belbullabs are really money $$$ expensive.  They're also basically just X-Wings or Kihraxes, and while you can fit 5 into a list without too much trouble, it's not super exciting.  A list like this can work--Five. Cartel. Marauders. was one game away from the cut in Australia, but it's not really for everyone.  I'd guess they're better than their lack of appearances in streamed games implied.  I don't think they're too likely to win major events, but I think they're good enough.  But the money to get a lot of them, and that they aren't too fancy probably leads to being rarely run.

Anyhow...

I like them a bunch.  Grievous is a pesky little pocket-ace.  Slap on just Crack Shot and he can be a Flanker who really punches up.  Wat is fine, but maybe unimpressive.  Sear can shape lists.  Granting nearly list-wide Crack Shot is often quite strong, and can be the glue to a squad of Vultures/Hyenas.  Soulless One is a really potent title, such amazing value for the cost.  Impervium is maybe fine normally, but really solid with the extra hull of Soulless One.  I'd call Sear likely the best carrier for Tactical Relays, and as such, probably actually the best one for Soulless One--lore be ****'d.

As to generics, it's nice that they've got really good actions.  Both boost and barrel roll, and both will link into Focus-type modifications.  Their blue moves are pretty pathetic for a ship which would really love to stress itself every turn, so it becomes more of a "when you need it" thing.  They can spread out some early, because they've got the speed to close from a flank.  I think they're fun little ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is possible to have more than 2 friendly Vultures with Open Struts on 1 asteroid, because you can Open Struts on another asteroid, then barrel roll to the one with already 2 Vultures. Is that right? So you can fit 6 Open Struts Vultures on 1 asteroid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think it is possible to have more than 2 friendly Vultures with Open Struts on 1 asteroid, because you can Open Struts on another asteroid, then barrel roll to the one with already 2 Vultures. Is that right? So you can fit 6 Open Struts Vultures on 1 asteroid?

Hypothetically I think yes. Realistically??? I don't think there is an asteroid or debris cloud large enough for 6 vultures and even if there is one getting them to land without bumping (which would fail the barrel roll) seems to me to be effectively impossible in the confines of how the game is played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing around with bases... yes, 6 could fit on the largest asteroid.  As many as SEVEN could fit on the Rigged Cargo token.  I can't imagine it ever happening in a game, but if two players wanted to accomplish it within the game-space, it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zazaa32 said:

So what is the future of Separatists? What kind of ships we will be seeing or hope to see?

I have no idea what could be expected..

This is why I'm not past the hype phase for the CIS. It has one of the most fleshed-out navies in star wars, combining both the uniformity and swarm tactics of the Imperials, with the diversity of ships and alien races that can be found in Scum and Rebels!

We still have the Umbaran Starfighter to get our hands on for very quirky maneuevrability and playstyle (akin to the nantex in terms of how weird and unique it could be).

There's also the Rogue-class Starfighter which will be our opportunity to get Magnaguard pilots in x-wing. Enough said.

The HMP droid gunship will likely be a medium base ordnance carrier with a 180 degree front arc. Filling a niche that very few other factions can claim to cover. (Also hopefully bringing boarding to x-wing like it should.)

And last that comes to mind is the Ginivex-class starfighter. Some potential for very interesting s-foil-like functions which apparently interact with shields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...