Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

7 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Somebody talk me out of this.

Pro TUBs (200/200) =================

Hyena Bomber: Techno Union Bomber (26 + 18) + Proton Torpedoes (13) + DRK-1 Probe Droids (5)

Hyena Bomber: Techno Union Bomber (26 + 13) + Proton Torpedoes (13)

Its surprisingly ok. Aces get twitchy when you spread your arcs.

8 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Somebody talk me out of this.

Pro TUBs (200/200) =================

Hyena Bomber: Techno Union Bomber (26 + 18) + Proton Torpedoes (13) + DRK-1 Probe Droids (5)

My name is heychadwick and I approve this message.

I've flew this squad at the GenCon Hyperspace and had a great time!

Techno Union Bomber (26)
Ion Missiles (4)
DRK-1 Probe Droids (5)

Feethan Ottraw Autopilot (36)
Kraken (10)

Trade Federation Drone (19)
Energy-Shell Charges (5)

Energy-Shell Charges (5)

Energy-Shell Charges (5)

Energy-Shell Charges (5)

Ion Missiles (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

28 minutes ago, svelok said:

more calculate tokens

swz47_cards-berwer-kret.png

Might have to fly this sucker with multiple Feethan Ottraw Belbullabs.  As many as four Bubbles, if this is 56 or less...

Low-initiative Locks aren't always too hard to accomplish, if you're not worrying about keeping an opponent at longer range.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Seems ridiculously situational, requiring a hit AND a lock (on the defender specifically) AND then a red calculate ACTION 

Dem's a lotta hoops to jump through

Yeah, he's dumb, just tractor people into lock +calculate shells and profit

"My ace has an R2"

"Can't regen a corpse"

Edited by MasterShake2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Yeah, he's dumb, just tractor people into lock +calculate shells and profit

"My ace has an R2"

"Can't regen a corpse"

Agreed, but he's a 5 in a faction starved of high init. I bet he'll see play. Sort of like Kylo (but you know, not a force user/awesome silencer), nobody uses Kylo's ability. I see the same happening here with this dude as a budget ace if he's priced right.

Edited by dsul413

Just now, dsul413 said:

He's a 5 in a faction starved of high init. I bet he'll see play. Sort of like Kylo (but you know, not a force/awesome silencer), nobody uses Kylo's ability. I see the same happening here with this dude as a budget ace if he's priced right.

I mean his ability is garbage, but both the I6 and 4 have good abilities and presumably can all take the Entangle EPT, so I'd rather have either of those unless theisguy has a "sorry you don't have a pilot ability" discount.  Also, best budget ace in faction really is 404.  That ship is so obnoxious for 30pts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, svelok said:

Due in some part to how FFG names our pilots, all Separatist players are involved in a conspiracy to make our conversations about the faction impenetrable to outsiders

Clearly the TUB tosses out the Dork so the Bak and TFD can get locks for their ESCs and DBMs, gah try to keep up man!

Edited by MasterShake2

Posted (edited)

Abbreviations are lovely because we save years on our lifespans by not having to type out these three word upgrades!

Anyway, I'm not exceptionally thrilled by the Nantex (not that that means much without knowing point costs). Dunno how worthwhile it will be to bother crowbarring one into a swarm when it has an exceptionally piddly attack and is only really effective at close range (3 die bullseye; ensnare). It can't even TL off of probes without additional investment!

Given tractor-dependent synergy, I would not be surprised if they just constituted their own archtype. They're a bunch of annoying sidewinding buggers that seem to resemble Rz-a2s at a glance

Ofc, Sun Fac could probably be integrated anywhere because i6. Great for hunting Jedi!

Edited by ficklegreendice

Is Berwer's ability dumb, though? DRK-1 can ensure a lot of ships have a TL well before engagement.  He fires before everyone else.  Berwer can use Entangle to toss a TB onto someone and take his shot.  It doesn't seem too crazy a shot with -1 green.

Main question....can he allow you to do a 2nd Calculate action in the same turn? If so, then this is awesome.  If so, then I see it totally being worth it.  Everyone getting TL and Calc tokens all day long for offense and defense. 

If he can't let you do 2 Calcs a turn, it is probably a bust.  I can see maybe a pack of Hyenas going for the TL and hoping Berwer hits.

It being a red action doesn't matter that much to me.  These guys clear stress pretty easy with blue hard turns and a good forward set of blue moves.