KCDodger

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

30 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

That's an incredibly negative view there

It's more like "haha, one MORE Droid shoots you"

Just because you have 32-c doesn't mean you're suddenly incapable of drawing arcs otherwise. It just ensures barrel roll wiggle room to greatly augment your flexibility and cover more effective space 

42c in this example is like Luke Gunner.  If you can avoid it, those points are universally better spent elsewhere.  I would also argue you're losing flexibility by taking 42c.  42c could be 2 drones, those 2 drones represent additional shots, blocking opportunities and adds 2 calculates whereas 42c using it's ability is adds 0 calculates to your floating actions.  You actually lose options relative to what you could've gained for an equivalent investment.  It's a simple question of using the development of targeted skills to solve a problem vs. listbuilding where the listbuilding solution is easier to implement, but less effective (which is actually the target for game design, incidentally).

So, I leant a friend my droid list because he was going to Gencon and not terribly happy with his lists.  He's currently 3-1 and was just on stream tabling RAC/Whisper hard.  Might be on the stream later if all goes well.

FYI, this guy doesn't own CIS and has never played the list before.  I literally gave it to him the night before he left to Gencon.

30 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I'll give him credit all day ;).  He had a clutch barrel rock off a rock to block Whisper that nobody saw coming, but I want to take pride in my little guys as well.

You loaned him tools you know to be capable while knowing he has the skill to utilize their capability to full effect. I'd say it reflects well on both of you. :)

2 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

I'll give him credit all day ;).  He had a clutch barrel rock off a rock to block Whisper that nobody saw coming, but I want to take pride in my little guys as well.

How did he end up? That is the list I was going to play but sadly couldn’t attend GenCon this year

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

How did he end up? That is the list I was going to play but sadly couldn’t attend GenCon this year

Still playing, was 3-1 last time I checked.  Only loss was to a soontire with 1 hp, panicked pilot and disabled power regulator that just tokenless dodged 6 shots

Update:  Just got word from Richard, he's 6-1 for the day.  The little beep boopers are doing it

Edited by MasterShake2

55 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Still playing, was 3-1 last time I checked.  Only loss was to a soontire with 1 hp, panicked pilot and disabled power regulator that just tokenless dodged 6 shots

Update:  Just got word from Richard, he's 6-1 for the day.  The little beep boopers are doing it

That's awesome!

That barrel roll caused all sorts of problems in the chat when one guy was sure it didn't work because the template crossed the asteroid. Carried over into the next round and had a mod threaten bans. It was nuts!

I'm really happy your friend (and the list) did so well!

15 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

That's awesome!

That barrel roll caused all sorts of problems in the chat when one guy was sure it didn't work because the template crossed the asteroid. Carried over into the next round and had a mod threaten bans. It was nuts!

I'm really happy your friend (and the list) did so well!

Just to not cause confusion I'm laughing at this part. Some people...

12 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

Well I guess I can live vicariously through through him and be happy at least one CIS list made the cut. 

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Richard got knocked out in cut, but still a top 15 finish for North America.  Pretty good play on his part for a list he had never seen before last week :)

what was his matchup?

On 8/3/2019 at 10:50 PM, MasterShake2 said:

So, I leant a friend my droid list because he was going to Gencon and not terribly happy with his lists.  He's currently 3-1 and was just on stream tabling RAC/Whisper hard.  Might be on the stream later if all goes well.

FYI, this guy doesn't own CIS and has never played the list before.  I literally gave it to him the night before he left to Gencon.

Bought 2 hyenas when they came out and still havent tried them out. Looks like a fun list, will give it a try soon.

Sear, TA-175, Soulless One;

• 6x naked Trade Fed Drones, 1x Techno Bomber with DRK-1. Locks are good.
  • 6x ESC Trade Feds. Looks the most like the Wat+5 lists of yestermeta.
  • 5x naked Separatist Drones, 1x naked Precise Hunter (because you have the spare points). Init kills Torrents and stuff.

31 minutes ago, svelok said:

6x naked Trade Fed Drones, 1x Techno Bomber with DRK-1. Locks are good.

One of these can also be DFS-311, which has great synergy with Sear, including situationally allowing him the benefit of his own ability.

Yeah, really seems competitive viability is going to crutch on the Hyena being a hilariously cheap probe carrier

While I adore the more interesting Ordnance, they simply require a bit more work (targetlock) and that's just troubling over the course of a long tournament. 

Won't stop me from using them, obviously, and they're quite effective! Just not as convenient as ESCs.

But I don't have time for big event tournies anyway 😛

Note: if using TL Ordnance, you'll still needs probes! Probes are good, m'kay? This isn't a bad thing, just a design of the faction (having something to combat the general issue of low I targetlocks is good)

The only Hyenas who don't crutch on probes are 404, 32-c, and bombards but they find em useful regardless (ESPECIALLY 404). There's also the passive sensor baktoid, full mods with some relay support, but I think you'd rather just a baron baktoid and probes from somewhere.

11 hours ago, svelok said:

Sear, TA-175, Soulless One;

• 6x naked Trade Fed Drones, 1x Techno Bomber with DRK-1. Locks are good.
  • 6x ESC Trade Feds. Looks the most like the Wat+5 lists of yestermeta.
  • 5x naked Separatist Drones, 1x naked Precise Hunter (because you have the spare points). Init kills Torrents and stuff.

My favorite version that I've been trying is a combo of your first two lists, Sear with TA-175, Techno with probes and ESC, and 5x ESC trade feds.

33 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

My favorite version that I've been trying is a combo of your first two lists, Sear with TA-175, Techno with probes and ESC, and 5x ESC trade feds.

Just as a note Sear’s ability is primary only so you can’t use it on ESC shots. I’ve seen quite a few people make that mistake 

3 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

Just as a note Sear’s ability is primary only so you can’t use it on ESC shots. I’ve seen quite a few people make that mistake 

Oh, I know. I just think he combos the best with all the extra tokens that get generated on the second turn of combat after all the energy shells are spent. 

3 hours ago, Caduceus01 said:

Ouch that's quite a mistake!

Sear is there to make you scary even in absence of the lovely ESC (esp since it's easier to get bullseye at close range). Imagine if it stacked!