Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

6 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

(if the DBS-32C ever gets cheaper, I don't think non-Grievous Belbullabs will ever see the table)

I think Wat, followed by Sear, still would see table play. I've seen Wat run without the tac relay a decent number of times, and he (and Sear's ability, with -175 on the table) are pretty solid.

Sear has 175 synergy

but 32-c is a lot of fun regardless

but you can just run em together. ****, keeping Sear upgradeless lets you commit his 3-die primary with less risk of losing something important. 32-c can do its thing just faffing about with the 175 relay since it shouldn't be shooting as much (most important thing is to coordinate and survive)

double post, but it's yet another thing about Struts I forgot about the card that keeps on giving

latest?cb=20190513174824

seriously starting to think this and the Hyena are about as conjoined as the X-wing and servomotors

So, when you're strutting your stuff on an obstacle, any time Struts skips your Execute Maneuver step it strips a stress token from you. This is in reference to the vulture/hyena having blue straights and turns, but in execution it's HUGE!

Because the Hyena has an awful red reload.

Now generally games don't really last long enough for reload to matter, but I've actually run into times were my little Baktoid was running Counter Strike simulations and just ended up camping on a rock the whole game. Three turns later, no more borons :(

Having to try to red reload with the Hyena's godawful dial is just asking for trouble...but with struts you don't have to worry about a **** thing! Just sit your *** down and reload at your leisure. Also works for 32-c and the rare rare scenarios when it wants to jam.

Actually getting to the point where I'd call Landing Struts auto-include on any Hyena that isn't 404 (because 404 don't give a **** about anything)

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Actually getting to the point where I'd call Landing Struts auto-include on any Hyena that isn't 404 (because 404 don't give a **** about anything)

404 can use struts to land on a rock, roll off and Lock just like Vultures can land, roll and calc. :D Adv. Prots, Landing Struts and g2g (or you can just run him bare, 4 dice is nothing to sneeze at, though 6 at range 1 with their inherent hit to crit is meaner).

Edit: Lets see 30pts bare. 37 with Adv. Prots and Struts. 36 for the chance to shout "BANZAI!!!" while you afterburners roll into a lock without Adv. Prots or Struts. 43 to combine all the preceding… Call me a nutter if you will, but Afterburning off a rock I just landed on then rolling into a Lock with a 6 red with auto crit threat (Adv. Prot onto the target, not the cost for 404 hitting something in range 0-1) ready to go just sounds fun. :D 

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

404 can use struts to land on a rock, roll off and Lock just like Vultures can land, roll and calc. :D Adv. Prots, Landing Struts and g2g (or you can just run him bare, 4 dice is nothing to sneeze at, though 6 at range 1 with their inherent hit to crit is meaner).

Edit: Lets see 30pts bare. 37 with Adv. Prots and Struts. 36 for the chance to shout "BANZAI!!!" while you afterburners roll into a lock without Adv. Prots or Struts. 43 to combine all the preceding… Call me a nutter if you will, but Afterburning off a rock I just landed on then rolling into a Lock with a 6 red with auto crit threat (Adv. Prot onto the target, not the cost for 404 hitting something in range 0-1) ready to go just sounds fun. :D 

that's a general use of Struts across all Vultures/Hyenas (hyenas being especially cool because of the linked lock!)

it's just that 404 is a suicidal bastard so I don't feel particularly compelled to put a lot of upgrades on him :p

just ESC and set, really 

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

that's a general use of Struts across all Vultures/Hyenas (hyenas being especially cool because of the linked lock!)

it's just that 404 is a suicidal bastard so I don't feel particularly compelled to put a lot of upgrades on him 😛

just ESC and set, really 

🤨 to use on the close?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 to use on the close?

Well, you certainly can't use them when close!😛

Personally really dislike two die primaries on anything pricier than a gold squad torrent so I feel compelled to take ESC

Especially if I can get full mods out of Kraken/32-c/dookcrew etc 

Though there's certainly an argument for APTs at only one point more, don't get me wrong, I just enjoy the ease of ESC into a four die primary. Helps him punch well above his weight and seem useful at all ranges (well, long and short range before he pops anyway...)

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Well, you certainly can't use them when close!😛

Personally really dislike two die primaries on anything pricier than a gold squad torrent so I feel compelled to take ESC

Especially if I can get full mods out of Kraken/32-c/dookcrew etc 

Though there's certainly an argument for APTs at only one point more, don't get me wrong, I just enjoy the ease of ESC into a four die primary. Helps him punch well above his weight 

I guess 404's primary vs Adv. Prots is a choice between hitting like a range 1 X-Wing at range 0-1 or hitting harder than Talonbane/Scum Fenn Rau at range 1 and a range 1 X-Wing at range 0. :D I can understand the desire for the 3 dice calc ordinance beyond range 1 though. :)

7 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Call me a nutter if you will, but Afterburning off a rock I just landed on then rolling into a Lock with a 6 red with auto crit threat (Adv. Prot onto the target, not the cost for 404 hitting something in range 0-1) ready to go just sounds fun. :D 

That's exactly the build I'm thinking on using... or Cluster Missiles instead of Adv. Proton Torpedo. If you get 2 enemies within R1 of yourself, you get to shoot 2x4 red missiles! 😈

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 5:21 AM, Vector Strike said:

That's exactly the build I'm thinking on using... or Cluster Missiles instead of Adv. Proton Torpedo. If you get 2 enemies within R1 of yourself, you get to shoot 2x4 red missiles! 😈

And then take half or more your health in damage :(

404 is a weirdo (obviously) and that makes it suspect to build around his suicidal ability imo

Though apts are certainly tantalizing if you can help him out with 32-c or even Dooku pilot, Palp crew

Been thinking about 'yenas hitting the 42 point mark. 5 hull, 2 agi is bleh but it's also only one below xwings and the like. 

42 gets you apt + ESC + struts 404, or fcs + delayed + prox + struts Bombad Drones. They do at least have an I advantage over I 2

11 hours ago, svelok said:

they're gonna let us put so many vultures on a table

Darn I hadn’t thought about that... guess I do have a good reason to get more SoS packs 😁

Also, I flew two Bombardment Drones tonight with Prox mines and Delayed Fuses. It’s nasty fun. He barely squeaked by two of my four mines that were all overlapping each other, or I might have even won the game!  😜

Sear with Kraken, Naked Wat Tambor and 4x Separatist with Energy Shell is my main list for the separatist. Both have good ability.

Now with the new point I will downgrade one Separatist drone for DFS-311 and add Soulless One for Sear.

In other news, we're two and half weeks away from the FFG in-flight report where we're probably getting wave 6 announced - つ ◕_◕ ༽つ summon tri-fighters つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

latest?cb=20150308204046

Trifighters might be my favorite ship design in the CIS fleet... hopefully we get a more maneuverable ship, something that can keep up with Interceptors or A-Wings, maybe a 3 dice bullseye primary...? つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

18 minutes ago, svelok said:

In other news, we're two and half weeks away from the FFG in-flight report where we're probably getting wave 6 announced - つ ◕_◕ ༽つ summon tri-fighters つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

latest?cb=20150308204046

Trifighters might be my favorite ship design in the CIS fleet... hopefully we get a more maneuverable ship, something that can keep up with Interceptors or A-Wings, maybe a 3 dice bullseye primary...? つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I think they'll announce wave 6 onmly at GenCon...?

1 hour ago, Vector Strike said:

I think they'll announce wave 6 onmly at GenCon...?

That’s the inflight report, I believe. July 31st. 

I don’t know that we actually see the trifighter quite yet. If we do I don't think itll be a three dice primary gun with the Nantex coming out just before. Who knows though.

Posted (edited)

So, discovered on Wednesday that even poorly used Probe Droids can at least produce a sort of passive sensor type effect 

This is very relevant to the low I, system slot Hyenas which can take FCS.

My initial theory is that the system slot guys, who are more expensive than the TuBs and even ESC 404, kinda NEED fcs. 

For the baktoid, it keeps them on target and fully modded with their three-shot Ordnance. For both it and the Bombbad Drone, it makes their primaries a bit more relevant, especially at range 1 

I'd like an upgrade to help mitigate Stress on the Belbullab. I'll trade a stress for a strain--two even!

When  I do do a linked action and gain the stress it lingers because any of my blue moves are going to get me shot to pieces.