Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, RStan said:

I wouldn't expect any talent slots to be on droids 😕 

I agree. Mostly just going off that quick build, it would be cool if they had access to it but I don't really expect it. I should have said "would" not "will"

On 6/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, ficklegreendice said:

Talent droid is suspect

But intimidation on a suicidal and not particularly fast ship probably wouldn't be a great idea next to crackshot 

Perhaps. They both help me land that shot for sure. Since he can shoot at Range 0, getting blocks or moving into a block feels better especially if you have a swarm of shooters hitting that target with one less defense die. Makes for a scary second round of shooting, based on what I've seen for Vulture swarms.

Edited by dsul413

I’m bought into the Separatists as I wanted to try something different and expand my tastes but need some advice on what lists are solid. I purchased the following... any advice?

- Sith Infiltrator

- Servants of Strife

- Vulture Droid

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, MUrunner20 said:

I’m bought into the Separatists as I wanted to try something different and expand my tastes but need some advice on what lists are solid. I purchased the following... any advice?

- Sith Infiltrator

- Servants of Strife

- Vulture Droid

Easy $

Always two, there are

(65) Darth Maul [Sith Infiltrator]
(3) General Grievous
(14) Chancellor Palpatine
(3) Hate

(37) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(10) Kraken

(20) Trade Federation Drone [Vulture-class Droid Fighter]
(4) Energy-Shell Charges

(4) Energy-Shell Charges

Total points: 200

Even has a naked Vulture so you can use your trade fed paint scheme in a different way than the SoS scheme!

Can play around with Dookcrew but I don't know how to use him effectively. Palp is easier to understand for me

Can also use Dooku interceptor, but he's more complex than Maul because you have a LOT of decisions to make. Maul is theoretically easier and I'd start off with him 

Edited by ficklegreendice

50 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Easy $

Always two, there are

(3) General Grievous
(14) Chancellor Palpatine
(3) Hate

(37) Feethan Ottraw Autopilot [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(10) Kraken

(4) Energy-Shell Charges

(4) Energy-Shell Charges

Total points: 200

Even has a naked Vulture so you can use your trade fed paint scheme in a different way than the SoS scheme!

Can play around with Dookcrew but I don't know how to use him effectively. Palp is easier to understand for me

Can also use Dooku interceptor, but he's more complex than Maul because you have a LOT of decisions to make. Maul is theoretically easier and I'd start off with him 

@ficklegreendice, thanks for the recommendations. This list looks fun and I can use ALL of my new ships 😀. I was also reading about a loaded Maul with x3 Precision Hunters with ESC. How wise is it to invest heavy into Maul or is it better to keep him minimal?

This was the list I was toying with before looking into the forum for advice:

Darth Maul - Sith Infiltrator (65)

- Hate or Heightened Perception (3) 

- Jamming Beam (0- bc it’s free)

- Chancellor Palpatine (14)

- General Grievous (3)

- Scimitar (4)

- Kraken (10)

••• Precision Hunter (26)

- Energy-Shell Charges (4)

TOTAL SQUAD POINT = 189

2 minutes ago, MUrunner20 said:

Drop the Hunters to Trade Fed Drones, and you can trade Palpatine for Sear/Wat in the B-22

New Squadron

(3) General Grievous
(9) Count Dooku
(3) Hate

(39) Captain Sear [Belbullab-22 Starfighter]
(10) Kraken

(22) Separatist Drone [Vulture-class Droid Fighter]
(4) Energy-Shell Charges

(22) Separatist Drone [Vulture-class Droid Fighter]
(4) Energy-Shell Charges

Total points: 181

This would be my attempt. Leaving spare points for flavour (though id rather downgrade to fed drones in the above list to fit in 3).

Posted (edited)

Vultures have, without exaggeration, the worst defense in the game

Don't think it's ever worth going anywhere other than Trade Fed or Seperatist if I 3 is relevant in your meta

Also Energies because 3 dice is vastly superior to two when there's room 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:08 PM, SpiderMana said:

Idk man that Transport and some of the crew options... Resistance is about to get a nice buff. Not to mention Ep 9 stuff coming Wave 6/7ish.

😜

I actually play Resistance. It’s double funny!

21 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Vultures have, without exaggeration, the worst defense in the game.

DFS-081 helps a surprising amount. Also I think it helps to think of vultures not as single ships but as a group. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts 

The sharing of calculates makes a vulture swarm surprisingly hard to kill at times, and it also helps mess up target priority as well, as even without a calculate they can still mod 1 attack or defense die. 

Quite often a 1 health droid will eat a 4 dice attack, purely because a 3 health droid might survive it (earning 12-13 points for my opponent as opposed to 24-26 points.

I've also had 1 droid in range, survive 2 shots by spending his friends calculates (1 on each defense) then fire off an esc (using his and a 3rd friends tokens to mod).

Posted (edited)

********** it's difficult to wait

Imagining the potential shenanigans you can pull with 32-c is just such a tease 

plus the promise of what is essentially a TIE bomber that looks a LOT cooler and which can do its job properly

It's gonna be springtime for Grevous and Seperatists

Four Hyenas and a Vulture. You've heard it here first! 

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

********** it's difficult to wait

Imagining the potential shenanigans you can pull with 32-c is just such a tease 

plus the promise of what is essentially a TIE bomber that looks a LOT cooler and which can do its job properly

It's gonna be springtime for Grevous and Seperatists

Four Hyenas and a Vulture. You've heard it here first! 

I was kinda hoping FFG would just go ahead and drop the wave after the B&N fiasco but now it got pushed back even further. I really want to know the points for the Hyenas so I can start seeing how everything fits.

I’m very interested to see what point adjustments occur for Separatists, and how changes to meta staples change Sep performance. 

Random note, but a triple infiltrator list is top 8 at the 34/36 person hyperspace trial in Pueblo, Colorado. Interested to see how it finishes.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:18 PM, MUrunner20 said:

Darth Maul - Sith Infiltrator (65)

- Hate or Heightened Perception (3) 

- Jamming Beam (0- bc it’s free)

- Chancellor Palpatine (14)

- General Grievous (3)

- Scimitar (4)

- Kraken (10)

TOTAL SQUAD POINT = 189

Let me start off by saying that, irrespective of the list your playing, Precision Hunter are always.... ALWAYS, a bad choice.

The strength of vultures is mass of cheap 3 die attack with small mods. The precision hunter is  
A. Overpriced. Paying 3 points for a worse version of the predator talent is NEVER worth it, ever.
B. Counter to the niche of vulture. You want your vultures cheap.
C. Low I. Predator is a cheap talent that works well with lots of repo and high I. Vultures have none. 

Other than all that, the Maul build is great. I ran one that was similar at an event. However I tried Maul + 4 vultures a lot, and the whole list seem like it's missing something. A lot of people said that Maul + 5 vultures is the sweet spot for things like that, but I haven't tried it yet.

14 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

A. Overpriced. Paying 3 points for a worse version of the predator talent is NEVER worth it, ever

🤨 I question this part since The Precise Hunters' ability works with special weapons though Predator is primary only. At worse they're worth the same because of this.

- can't use reroll on focuses/hits/crits.

+ applies to its missiles.

The cards:

•••Precise HunterPredator

And remember that ESCs can build off of that re-roll to get their easy crit.

Posted (edited)

Problem with precise hunters (other than bullseye being REAL difficult to pull off and vultures being the weakest ship in the game, making additional investment risky) is they're TWENTY SIX POINTS

Seperatist drones are 22

Definitely wanna see the "not really unique" pilots come down quite a bit in cost given their horrifyingly situational abilities

Hope they don't pull that **** with Hyenas. The bomb drone especially apparently loses its ordnance slots, so it honestly should be CHEAPER than the Seperatist

And given that the baktoid needs another ship to get anything done, it oughta be AT MOST one point more than the techno bomber (untzuntz)

14 hours ago, dsul413 said:

I’m very interested to see what point adjustments occur for Separatists, and how changes to meta staples change Sep performance. 

Random note, but a triple infiltrator list is top 8 at the 34/36 person hyperspace trial in Pueblo, Colorado. Interested to see how it finishes.

How did it do? 

Posted (edited)

swz41_baktoid.png

12 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

And given that the baktoid needs another ship to get anything done, it oughta be AT MOST one point more than the techno bomber (untzuntz)

Just to point out:. Baktoid does not say "another friendly" so they will work on their own.  Can use passive sensors to lock and then fire Barrage (or ESC) with rerolls and Networked.  I agree they definitely should still be cheapish but just wanted to make sure people realize they will work independently. 

Edited by gamblertuba

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Just to point out:. Baktoid does not say "another friendly" so they will work on their own.  Can use passive sensors to lock and then fire Barrage (or ESC) with rerolls and Networked.  I agree they definitely should still be cheapish but just wanted to make sure people realize they will work independently. 

So basically we're getting an 8+ points barrage rockets on a Techno Union Bomber 

Because Techno Unions can use any TL Ordnance with rerolls and networked on their own already (or with ESC, just add Kraken)

Doesn't seem terribly relevant without outside support. Only thing barrage has going for it is extra charges, which probably isn't worth a **** of a lot on fragile I 1 ships 

I currently don't believe either of the "unique" Hyena bombers will see play, Baktoid being far too situational and Bombardment Drone not having ordnance (much as I love bombs, idk I don't think they'll have the range of application necessary.

I bought Hyenas for 1.) 32-c (just oodles of fun; unsure if gonna be worth cost) 2.) passive sensor spam (it's gonna be THE platform, since it's gotta be the cheapest) and 3.) 404 is just hilarious, and hopefully a very cheap i4

Of course, for swarm enthusiasts, we also got that swanky new Relay. I'm definitely less of a swarm; more of a kraken alpha strike kinda guy

Also, sexy model

19 hours ago, dsul413 said:

It lost the in the first round of the top 8. I'm pretty sure he was playing against rebel beef. I was playing in the casual tourney for people who didn't make the top 8. I finished 21 (out of 36) with a seven ship droid swarm: 4x Trade federation drones with shells (24 points each) and 2x Haor Chall Prototypes with shells (27 points each) and a feethan outtraw autopilot with Kraken (47 points). 

I went 2-3 and was fairly happy. I only made a few mistakes. I lost one match by 2 points which was disappointing, but it was a fun match. My best game was against a two infiltrator list; I shredded Maul (aided by a "reduce your agility" crit when I still had 3 or 4 more attacks to make). 

The list is solid, but it's not really a super-competitive list. The vultures just melt too fast. Sharing the calculates can be powerful, but calculate tokens are just weaker, lamer focus tokens.