Captain Lackwit

Dear Separatists: I <3 U

2 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

Those require Lock, not Focus. Only Proton/Barrage Rockets require Focus.

But there is 1 Hyena pilot - Baktoid Prototype - that can ignore such prerequisite... as long as another friendly ship with Network Calculations has a lock on the enemy.

Doh!    I meant BARRAGE ROCKETS.   I'm assuming that Hyenas can't use them?

9 hours ago, dsul413 said:

What are you guys flying while waiting for Hyenas, in prep for their release?

Same for the Nantex - we’ve got more time, but flying a pile of Vultures has me seriously lacking in the ace-type playstyle. I picked up a couple Jedi to try to keep on the repositioning without stress game. 

I have never really enjoyed the ace play style.  One mistake and you could just be done.   

I've been flying:

El Ocho

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Separatist Drone - 26
    Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - •DFS-311 - 24
    •DFS-311 - Scouting Drone (24)

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Trade Federation Drone - 20
    Trade Federation Drone - (20)

Total: 200/200

13 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:

there is 1 pilot that can (limited to 2 copies), the baktoid prototype

Oh, yeah, but waaaay too expensive to use, most likely.   The limited uniques for the Vultures are just not worth it.

Looking at the quickbuild cards, I got to some conclusions (yeah, yeah, quickbuild sometimes allow 'illegal' builds in constructive, but whatever):

1. DBS-404 has Predator... a Talent?? Well, I'd take that as unique to quickbuild cards. However, if the ship indeed has a Talent slot, it would be really cool! Imagine the roger rogerness!

2. Baktoid Prototype has 2 slots for Missiles.

3. Techno Union Bomber (I1 generic) has 2 stuff using a Modification slot: Electro-Proton Bomb and Delayed Fuses. As it is a simple generic, I'm not keen on it having 2 Modification slots in constructed... however, who knows? It would be a nice touch.

4. DBS-32C can carry a Tactical Relay (makes sense, after all).

5. Bombardment Drone has 2 Device slots (again, makes sense).

6. Separatist Bomber (I3 generic) has 2 Missile Slots. Nice! I may believe that's a staple for all pilots, except Bombardment Drone and DBS-32C.

Pic I took from Hairy Nick's unboxing:

Untitled-1.png

Just read this entire thread cover to cover, and I've gotta say: Even though my sympathies are with the Republic, the CIS has shinier stuff and the temptation is real.

The Hyena may have won me over; I'll have to wait and see. The Nantex is such an ugly ship but those mechanics are so unique it's to die for!

21 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The Nantex is such an ugly ship but those mechanics are so unique it's to die for!

Im so looking forward to the Nantex :) I love tractor beam shenanigans, and previously this was kept to scum, while im only planning on 1 Hyena I expect to get a pair of Nantex at least.

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Even though my sympathies are with the Republic, the CIS has shinier stuff and the temptation is real.

I felt this way upon release. I felt so bad for not flying ARCs as much as I'd planned, but like. CIS is just so much fun mechanically.

Edit: Has Bomblet Generator been a generic upgrade for all of 2.0?

Edited by SpiderMana

12 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Edit: Has Bomblet Generator been a generic upgrade for all of 2.0?

Yea. It usually isn't taken since it is only a chance of damage upon detonation instead a guaranteed damage on a ship caught by it's effect (unlike proton bombs and seismic charges). Efficiency driven players are allergic to rng.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Yea. It usually isn't taken since it is only a chance of damage upon detonation instead a guaranteed damage on a ship caught by it's effect (unlike proton bombs and seismic charges). Efficiency driven players are allergic to rng.

I understand that, I just couldn't remember seeing it wasn't a 1-pip.

Just now, SpiderMana said:

I understand that, I just couldn't remember seeing it wasn't a 1-pip.

One of my early Punisher builds, pre traj sim cost nerf was a squad of 4 with them with bobmlet and traj sim (and I think barrage rockets, been awhile though).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jiron said:

When the Geonosians land, I might not be able to resist...

Idk man that Transport and some of the crew options... Resistance is about to get a nice buff. Not to mention Ep 9 stuff coming Wave 6/7ish.

😜

Edited by SpiderMana

6 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Idk man that Transport and some of the crew options... Resistance is about to get a nice buff. Not to mention Ep 9 stuff coming Wave 6/7ish.

😜

I made the mistake of making FO my 3rd faction. They get zero play from me :(.

Since bought into scum and having much more fun with them. Hoping FO gets a buff and new ships soon, and meanwhile trying to decide between prequel factions...

I don't know if my bank account can take it.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dsul413 said:

DBS-404 will very much enjoy intimidation.

I wouldn't expect any talent slots to be on droids 😕 

Edited by RStan

On 6/6/2019 at 6:01 PM, nurglez said:

Im so looking forward to the Nantex :) I love tractor beam shenanigans, and previously this was kept to scum, while im only planning on 1 Hyena I expect to get a pair of Nantex at least.

I'm just not feeling the Nantex.  Maybe because I'm a thematic player.  It just feels weird to just throw in one Nantex in a list of other stuff.  It doesn't make sense.   If I bought some, it would have to be 4 or so as I can make a solid theme around it.   I don't know if I want to spend that kind of cash on it.  Maybe I'll just get one to try out on occasion, but if I used it, I would like to have a bunch in some epic type game. 

17 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I made the mistake of making FO my 3rd faction. They get zero play from me :(.

Same here!  Yeah....I am just not so interested in the newer factions.  Even Resistance makes me roll my eyes a little.