Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday

23 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

Wave five?  The last was three.  I am confused.

Wave 4 is already announced (N-1 starfighter, Hyena droid bomber, resistance transport, b-wing, a couple re-releases of 1.0 ships) and should be out in the next few months.

FFG is announcing wave 5 at Celebration.

I’m expecting we’ll see more of the ships that have been made Hyperspace legal announced in Wave 5.

Maybe some of the card-only upgrade packs hinted at during the Adepticon panel, adding more pilots that weren’t in the conversion kits for first edition ships.

Possibly the first Epic 2.0 release(s), as some form of conversion kit or kits?

My hope for Wave 5 would be some more re-releases, either a bomb or crew carrier for the Republic (so either the full armoured Y-Wing or LAAT), an interceptor/fast fighter for the CIS (most likely the Tri-fighter, but potentially the Ginivex-class to give more variety), and some 'Upgrade' expansions to add new pilots for existing ships.

Epic was never really my cup of tea (and I only ever paid the Wes Janson tax, so I've not got many of the ships lying around...) but it'd be nice to see them make good on the promise to re-release/upgrade those ships.

Conversion kit or kits for V1 Epic ships.

Epic ships for factions that don't have any yet?

Re-release of ships that have been made Hyperspace legal recently :

• Rebel A-Wing
  • U-Wing
  • Tie Interceptor
  • Tie Bomber
  • Star Viper
  • Resistance YT-1300
  • Star Fortress
  • Upsilon shuttle

I don't know if we should expect new non-epic ships in that wave but it would be nice. Tie Brute from the Solo movie or ships from the prequel trilogy.

A new ship for the rebel faction would be awesome.

18 minutes ago, Wrecker01 said:

Re-release of ships that have been made Hyperspace legal recently :

• Rebel A-Wing
  • U-Wing
  • Tie Interceptor
  • Tie Bomber
  • Star Viper
  • Resistance YT-1300
  • Star Fortress
  • Upsilon shuttle

Seconded. You could also add ships for the new factions (Tri-Fighter for the CIS and V-Wings for the Republic would be my picks).

I kinda wish they had just bundled the Resistance stuff with the Rebel YT release...

6 minutes ago, impspy said:

I kinda wish they had just bundled the Resistance stuff with the Rebel YT release...

They could not, it's not the same miniature. They have to make a separate extension.

2 hours ago, DexterOnone said:

Possibly the first Epic 2.0 release(s), as some form of conversion kit or kits?

As someone who owns zero epic ships, I hope that any Epic announcement includes a release of at least one ship (and conversion kit stuff - not trying to leave anyone out 😏)

22 minutes ago, papy72 said:

As someone who owns zero epic ships, I hope that any Epic announcement includes a release of at least one ship (and conversion kit stuff - not trying to leave anyone out 😏)

V1 Epic ships re-release is indeed needed, not just a conversion kit.

20 minutes ago, papy72 said:

I own zero Epic ships myself, but have plenty of friends who have them, so I’d be happy enough with them being able to pick up the conversion kits even if there aren’t any ship releases in this wave!

If they do individual kits for each ship, however, I may be tempted to pick up one of the £20 C-ROCs that my local gaming store currently has on offer! :o

Happy Friday CB!!  Can't wait to see all that falls out of celebration.  And getting prepped for a system open!  And I'm really hyped for Epic with objectives.  Yay for casuals!

Happy Friday!

i feel with Wave 5 being associated with Star Wars celebration, it’s going to have something big in it. The most likely answer is the Epic conversion kit(s), maybe with one or two rereleased stand alone Epic ships. A brand new epic ship  would be cool, though maybe not this early. Then again, we got some new stuff for Scum with 2.0s release, so it’s possible.

For standard ships, @Wrecker01‘s list is a good bet. Get the Hyperspace legal stuff into new player hands quick. Some new sculpts and paint schemes will probably tempt me to pick up some rereleases (oh, how I look forward to seeing what they do with an updated Starviper model). 

Going into wishful thinking territory, with the announcement of the return of the Clone War cartoon, the idea of other announcements of that nature is always tickling the back of my mind. Maybe they announce something big that will spill over into X-Wing. Now, having something immediate to announce for something like that is highly unlikely, but I did say I was going into wishful thinking territory. 

Posted (edited)

I would like to see more re releases and at least a update on epic.

I expect to see tie ins to the cartoons specifically resistance and season seven of the clone wars.  I wouldn't be shocked If they snuck in the tie brute but I suspect they want to save it for later.

Note I will be happy with new stuff I just wish they would hurry up and repack stuff.

Edited by reqent

Posted (edited)

Happy Friday everyone! I love that Wave 4 is still at least a few months out, and we are already getting geared up to reveal Wave 5. Now onto my baseless speculation/personal wish list :P

The Republic getting their LAAT's would be awesome, but I'd be cool with their shiny new Y-wings too. For Rebels I'm expecting re-releases, probably the A-wing, and for Resistance I'd guess either the Star Fortress or Falcon re-release, though a T-85 might be interesting if they can make it different enough from the other two X-wings.

The rest I don't play, but I'm guessing re-releases for Scum and Imperials, no clue as to what they might be. For the FO, I really want to see their new Tie Interceptor, and for the Separatists, maybe their Tri-fighter, but I think the HMP Droid Gunship would be a good ship to release at the same time as the Republic's LAAT.

Does anyone think we'll see any Wave 4 previews before the Wave 5 announcement? I kinda doubt it, but it would be pretty neat to know what little Ani can do in an N-1

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Posted (edited)

I care mainly about the new ships, not the rerelease so I'll just predict those.

CIS: Droid Tri-Fighter

Republic: V-Wing or Y-Wing

First Order: Red FO Interceptor (Resistance TV Show)

Edited by RStan

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, papy72 said:

I'm hoping Epic releases are handled similarly to how 1st Ed did things. Basically I want epic to not get designated as a wave, and come out between the normal releases. That way, people who don't care about Epic wont feel left out of a wave because an epic ship dropped instead of something for the standard game. I would love it if Epic came sooner rather than later, so I'm hoping for a month or two after Wave 5 to see it drop, since we still don't have much info on it. 

Edited by Hippie Moosen