Sign in to follow this  
kraftclub

Virtual clue

Mystery: Beyond one - "After an invest. resolves a Research Enc., he may spend 1 Clue he gained from that enc. and place that Clue on this card."

Norman gets a clue from Research Env. and has already achieved his reward - "Once per round, you may spend 1 fewer Clue to pay for an effect"

a) Norman keeps the clue and a new clue from baggy goes on The Beyond One

b) Norman has to loose the clue

?

I assuming you are using the Silver Key relic? This mishmash has come up several times over the years. Most people have just gone with the concept that you can use it to get a free re-roll, but not for something like using it to generate a free clue on the mystery.

8 hours ago, kraftclub said:

It's his reward, but silver key has the same wording

Ahhh, even though you said reward I didn't even look at the character mission/rewards. I would think that even though the wording is the same it still makes sense that you wouldn't use the reward any different from the previous Silver Key ruling of the past. I'm not sure if it has ever been officially ruled on by FFG but you can try asking them for a clarification. It would be interesting to hear an official evaluation. 

Posted (edited)

yea they should work the same

anyway if it was spend clue to place eldritch token after some encounter it could be done with 0,

but the "spend zero clues to place that clue on X" is the issue, I'm starting to agree with option B)

Edited by kraftclub