Jump to content
TauntaunScout

Creature Trooper Commanders

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, stackeffect said:

I've heard it's best to smoke tauntaun sausage to mask the foul odor.

I like how this thread has two seperate conversations side-by-side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Related image

When I think Creature Trooper commanders this is honestly the first that springs to mind, followed by Han and Luke on Tauntaun. 

That looks like it would be on a pretty big base and hit a prohibitive price point to me. Since unlike big vehicle kits it would have direct competition from $15 commanders on foot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thalandar said:

Isn't there a group of force wielding witches that ride rancors in the EU? 

Yes. Sadly, when they were canonized their rancor riding got left behind in legends. The Nightsisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Yes. Sadly, when they were canonized their rancor riding got left behind in legends. The Nightsisters.

Believe it or not, it wasn't the prequels that got me to stop following the official word on things Star Wars-related. It was these. However, you may be in luck, in the "canon" tab on wookiepedia it still says the witches domesticate rancors. Dunno if that still includes riding them though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Believe it or not, it wasn't the prequels that got me to stop following the official word on things Star Wars-related. It was these. However, you may be in luck, in the "canon" tab on wookiepedia it still says the witches domesticate rancors. Dunno if that still includes riding them though.

 

Thanks! I don’t know any of the comics or books - I gave those all up a long time ago and the big Disney reset didn’t help. I will say that their screen time in Clone Wars did not show or reference any rancor training activities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, TauntaunScout said:

Bonus Topic: Star Wars is now older than classic 1950's "hot rods and diners and Marylin Monroe" culture was when Kenner ended the original figure line at the end of 1985. Any given 50's thing is roughly 30 years prior to any given Kenner SW thing: any given Kenner SW thing is now at least 34 years old. Star Wars itself of course being over 40.

Also when Rogue Trader: Warhammer 40,000 first hit the stores, Elvis had been dead for 10 years, while Jailhouse Rock had been released 30 years prior. W:40k is 32 years old now. 40k is older than Elvis was when 40k came out. For those of us who grew up viewing Elvis and Marylin as icons of a mythical ancient past civilization, this may be somewhat unsettling.

As a kid, I grew up listening to Elvis because my parents we such huge fans(I'm firmly a Gen Xer.) As a result I'm still a fan of his. Now I have to think, had he lived, would Elvis have made a good Han Solo? That question will haunt me now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Fair. But. That does nothing to convince me that he’s the only sensible choice. That statement still seems a bit extreme. 

I agree he is hardly the "only" sensible choice, but he is definitely one of the possible choices, although more for GAR than Rebels in my opinion. I think when Cham showed up in the Rebels cartoon he wasn't really using cavalry anymore. Han or Luke on Tauntauns is equally sensible in my opinion, as are Gungans on Kaadu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obvious_Ninja said:

As a kid, I grew up listening to Elvis because my parents we such huge fans(I'm firmly a Gen Xer.) As a result I'm still a fan of his. Now I have to think, had he lived, would Elvis have made a good Han Solo? That question will haunt me now...

Since he didn't die until August of '77 iirc, they coulda approached him to be Han Solo and chose not to. Make of that what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I agree he is hardly the "only" sensible choice, but he is definitely one of the possible choices, although more for GAR than Rebels in my opinion. I think when Cham showed up in the Rebels cartoon he wasn't really using cavalry anymore. Han or Luke on Tauntauns is equally sensible in my opinion, as are Gungans on Kaadu. 

Given what we know about FFG (captian Terro) I think dewback commanders are pretty plausible. Whether he'd be a unique or another case of totally-not-Gideon-Argus is another question.

For GCW, and Legion's noticeable preference for things that look mostly like the movies, I don't know if I find such things equally likely.

But regardless of how the models are actually sculpted, I wonder if creature commanders will allow us to count creatures as corps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Given what we know about FFG (captian Terro) I think dewback commanders are pretty plausible. Whether he'd be a unique or another case of totally-not-Gideon-Argus is another question.

For GCW, and Legion's noticeable preference for things that look mostly like the movies, I don't know if I find such things equally likely.

But regardless of how the models are actually sculpted, I wonder if creature commanders will allow us to count creatures as corps...

They might also just make reference to Captain Terro by making it so the Dewback is sort of like the AT-RT in that it can take weapons and one of them is a flamethrower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Since he didn't die until August of '77 iirc, they coulda approached him to be Han Solo and chose not to. Make of that what you will.

True, but his last show was in June of '77 and he had been on tour for a couple of years before that.  Supposedly was getting ready for another tour at the time. Just having fun with this but maybe he was not contractually able. Shows he might have been better off going back to movies and helping to destroy the death star!

Anyway... back to Legion...

Edited by Obvious_Ninja
Fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Obvious_Ninja said:

True, but his last show was in June of '77 and he had been on tour for a couple of years before that.  Supposedly was getting ready for another tour at the time. Just having fun with this but maybe he was not contractually able. Shows he might have been better off going back to movies and helping to destroy the death star!

Anyway... back to Legion...

Now we know what the next heavily cgi’d special edition dvd will be. Elvis as Han Solo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Believe it or not, it wasn't the prequels that got me to stop following the official word on things Star Wars-related. It was these. However, you may be in luck, in the "canon" tab on wookiepedia it still says the witches domesticate rancors. Dunno if that still includes riding them though.

 

Nah, just keeping them for their milk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Felswrath said:

Don't Rancors hatch from eggs? Suggesting that the females don't have mammary glands.

Not necessarily. The platypus is an example that hatches their young and still nurse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, TauntaunScout said:

Bonus Topic: Star Wars is now older than classic 1950's "hot rods and diners and Marylin Monroe" culture was when Kenner ended the original figure line at the end of 1985. Any given 50's thing is roughly 30 years prior to any given Kenner SW thing: any given Kenner SW thing is now at least 34 years old. Star Wars itself of course being over 40.

Also when Rogue Trader: Warhammer 40,000 first hit the stores, Elvis had been dead for 10 years, while Jailhouse Rock had been released 30 years prior. W:40k is 32 years old now. 40k is older than Elvis was when 40k came out. For those of us who grew up viewing Elvis and Marylin as icons of a mythical ancient past civilization, this may be somewhat unsettling.

Being a child of the 70’s, I myself have pondered on this concept and perception of time. The brand new cars that came out when I learned how to drive are now classics, and the college radio punk and alternative music I still love today are now oldies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boomer_J said:

Being a child of the 70’s, I myself have pondered on this concept and perception of time. The brand new cars that came out when I learned how to drive are now classics, and the college radio punk and alternative music I still love today are now oldies. 

The movie Forrest Gump is now older than the Vietnam War was when Forrest Gump came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...