ColdObiWan

Drowned Merchant River Splits In Two?

On the new map, the Drowned Merchant River splits in two at Toshi Ranbo – one branch following its usual course to the west, the other to the southeast, past the Castle of the Emerald Champion (and, quite possibly, if you squint, past Otosan Uchi and Slow Tide Harbor. Yet surely both branches, flowing in opposite directions, towards opposite outlets, don't have the same name. 

Anyone have any idea what this new, second Drowned Merchant River is called? 

15 hours ago, ColdObiWan said:

On the new map, the Drowned Merchant River splits in two at Toshi Ranbo – one branch following its usual course to the west, the other to the southeast, past the Castle of the Emerald Champion (and, quite possibly, if you squint, past Otosan Uchi and Slow Tide Harbor. Yet surely both branches, flowing in opposite directions, towards opposite outlets, don't have the same name. 

Anyone have any idea what this new, second Drowned Merchant River is called? 

I don't think it's ever been named. And you better not take a too close a look at some details of Rokugani geography...

Ha! Too true!

But I've been thinking it over today and I'm thinking the flow of the river might've been reversed:

It used to be that the river flowed from the Iron Rings Cascade westward towards the City of the Rich Frog, where it sort of met up with the Three Sides River to flow south.

I think that, in the FFG version of the map / geography, the Drowned Merchant and Three Sides Rivers both start up in the Unicorn lands and split at the City of the Rich Frog. Then the Drowned Merchant River flows eastward to the sea, and the Iron Rings Cascade just feeds into that river, which keeps on going. Makes much more sense than the river splitting...