manoftomorrow010

Full TX-225 Article

I'm curious as to how, fluff-wise, the tank transports troops.  I think I see a drop ramp in the back but it looks very short.  Or do they just ride on the top?  If they ride, that would be weird.  

9 minutes ago, izrador said:

I'm curious as to how, fluff-wise, the tank transports troops.  I think I see a drop ramp in the back but it looks very short.  Or do they just ride on the top?  If they ride, that would be weird.  

They will be stuffed in like APC's in other games I think.   It also mentions the hatch; envision two crawling out the top with blaster cover fire from the four or five who bailed out the back.

If the tank suffers even one wound, however, a trooper inside is eliminated. That is pretty rough.

25 minutes ago, izrador said:

Its listed as Transport Open, so assuming its like a truck bed where they ride in the back.  I was little sad that transport Open doesn't allow the transported unit to fire out of it.  But could see that becoming a problem.

2 minutes ago, Gridloc said:

Its listed as Transport Open, so assuming its like a truck bed where they ride in the back.  I was little sad that transport Open doesn't allow the transported unit to fire out of it.  But could see that becoming a problem.

Good spot.  I bet thats the case.  Like Russian tank riders in WWII.  Agreed, would like to see them be able to fire, maybe at a reduced rate.   

Honestly with the rule of units not being able to fire from the tank, I cant see myself transporting many units save maybe Vader/Palpy occasionally since they're so slow. It's somewhat fast with that massive base, but i'm not going to waste my troopers activation AND make my super expensive tank just move a bunch just so that my troopers can go a little faster. The only reason I would hop on it besides start of game (which is a pretty cool way to start) is if I had an objective and needed to run but of course, we cant do that either. Very sad😫

Just now, bllaw said:

Honestly with the rule of units not being able to fire from the tank, I cant see myself transporting many units save maybe Vader/Palpy occasionally since they're so slow. It's somewhat fast with that massive base, but i'm not going to waste my troopers activation AND make my super expensive tank just move a bunch just so that my troopers can go a little faster. The only reason I would hop on it besides start of game (which is a pretty cool way to start) is if I had an objective and needed to run but of course, we cant do that either. Very sad😫

Snowtroopers still get their after move attack after dismounting, so they could flame something immediately after disembarking.

Just now, Indy_com said:

Snowtroopers still get their after move attack after dismounting, so they could flame something immediately after disembarking.

Wait the disembark counts as a move? well then definitely will be transporting lots of snowies

4 hours ago, bllaw said:

You could always put something with weak saves in there (Imperial Officer). 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Rebel player, but happy to see this and pilots for at-st. More vehicles will be good for the game.

Yesssss..... my Blizzard Force will like having those AT-ST pilots!

6 hours ago, aniron said:

four packs of tauntauns

I think I'll need at least six.

No matter what it'll be cool to have two heavy vehicles for the, y'know, two heavy slots.

Plus an Imperial Vehicle Army is becoming a very real thing. One of these, an AT-ST, Veers, a few speeder bikes, 3x stormtroopers, next thing you know, baby you got a stew goin'.

Edited by TauntaunScout

Anyone who already has the model, can a group of stormtroopers next to the tank shoot “over” it? 

Is the tank taller than a stormtrooper?

10 hours ago, izrador said:

Its a flatbed. Except for the cabin for the pilot and commander no one gets in it. Troops ride on the flatbed part.  

13 hours ago, Indy_com said:

Unless the tank has made more than one move action during that round. If it has, the snows don't get steady when disembarking.