4 hours ago, Felswrath said:

Weren't we told somewhere that there would be more saga boxes? I could see this being the last cycle, but I don't think that necessarily means the end of the game.

I’ve never seen or heard that.

48 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

I’ve never seen or heard that.

I honestly can't say. I think I heard it hear or on the Facebook page. To my memory, it was attributed to Caleb, but I may honestly been totally mistaken. Nobody else seems to know about this, so it's more than possible that it was never said and that I'm simply remembering incorrectly.

7 hours ago, dalestephenson said:

AFAIK they haven't hinted at any more saga boxes, though I've hoped for them.  But they also haven't hinted this cycle is the last cycle.

I'm not convinced this cycle will actually enter Mordor; it seems a waste to try to cram in Rhun *and* Mordor in the same cycle.  And I don't think the "Vengence of Mordor", to the extent it makes sense at all (we don't know of anything Easterlings did to offend Sauron) would take place *in* Mordor.  The flavor text says the deluxe takes place in "the lands of Rhûn that rest in the shadow of Sauron’s domain."   That's a bit fanciful for the River Running, Dorwinion, and the Hills of Rhun (just southwest of the lake).  While that does leave us reasonably close to Mordor, you'd have to go further east to get around the Ash Mountains, at which point you could just as easily go east instead of south-then-west.  Why not explore Rhun?  It's a vast space with varied races of men, kingdoms of elves, the home of a number of dwarven kindreds, and the stomping groups of at least one and possibly both blue wizards.  So much potential.

Are you sure that this isn't just wishful thinking?

1. "It has all led to this." Pretty strong hint to me! Also added to the fact that stocks everywhere are being run down. This isn't a bad thing by the way - we've got years of game. I've played hundreds of times, but there are about 3 or 4 cycles where I have only played them the once, and not even looked at them for about 3 years. 

2. The box shows a picture of Mordor not Rhun. I think the deluxe adventures will focus on Rhun, and then the Adventurers turn towards Mordor for the APs, and the game's finale.

11 hours ago, RebelX said:

I also have the suspicion that this will be the last cycle.

Is anyone else a bit bummed that it looks like once again Gondor will get the most support (as it appears). They already have far and away the most allies. I hope for the rest of the cycle the other tribes (especially my Noldor and Silvans) get some more love…

This is funny because I like Noldor and Silvan most but I do not mind seeing more Gondor because I feel, despite the number of cards, their archetypes are still far behind the Elves. It hurts then all the more seeing such an underwhelming Gondorian ally as Derufin.

Over the last couple of years, I've found myself playing lotr less than before, and looking forward to Arkham releases more. Part of that is definite frustration at the pace of releases and unexplained delays.

It does seem likely this is the last cycle, but if so I'm ok with that, there is already more content for this game than almost anything else I've played. There are loads of heroes and archetypes  I've not even played yet, and quests i haven't touched for years. I've got many years if enjoyment of the game still to come.

Same news in France but with different spoiler :

http://www.fantasyflightgames.fr/jeux/article/le_seigneur_des_anneaux_lcg/une_ombre_a_lest

A leadership Frodo to come :

ffjcs77_m_2

Traduction :

When Frodon is engaged to quest, you can spend one resource from Frodo resource pool, to ready another unique characted engaged in quest. If you have a quest success, decrease your threat by one.

And we can see a contract also.

A way to ready Gollum who cannot have unexpected courage ?

His ability is very similar to LeAragorn's one, except it targets another character and not himself.

I was thinking the threat reduction was a passive effect, but it is part of the response.

The contract seems to give passive effects for a certain time. The one we see provides +1 attack, wp and probably defense to some characters, but you can't play allies while it still active (I suppose, it is partially readable).

I think it will be a kind of long term event, which can remains for more than 1 turn and give a very interesting boost, but have some negatives effects on the other side

2 hours ago, 13nrv said:

Same news in France but with different spoiler :

http://www.fantasyflightgames.fr/jeux/article/le_seigneur_des_anneaux_lcg/une_ombre_a_lest

A leadership Frodo to come :

ffjcs77_m_2

Traduction :

When Frodon is engaged to quest, you can spend one resource from Frodo resource pool, to ready another unique characted engaged in quest. If you have a quest success, decrease your threat by one.

And we can see a contract also.

Thanks for posting! I'm very excited for another leadership hobbit. And he also works well with Bilbo+sting combo (bilbo quests, bilbo readies with frodo payment, deals damage, reduces threat, engage an enemy, defend with sting + 1 more damage). Throw sam in there too and you have a combat ready hobbit line up

5 hours ago, JonG said:

Are you sure that this isn't just wishful thinking?

1. "It has all led to this." Pretty strong hint to me! Also added to the fact that stocks everywhere are being run down. This isn't a bad thing by the way - we've got years of game. I've played hundreds of times, but there are about 3 or 4 cycles where I have only played them the once, and not even looked at them for about 3 years. 

2. The box shows a picture of Mordor not Rhun. I think the deluxe adventures will focus on Rhun, and then the Adventurers turn towards Mordor for the APs, and the game's finale.

Certainly my own desires affect analysis.  I want to explore all the places that have not been explored.  I want to revisit areas not adequately covered.  I want more heroes.  I want more archtypes.  I want two of the archtypes introduced in the current cycle (woodmen and Beornings) to get more support.  I want saga expansions that explore times *outside* the narrow window the current game has been constrained in.  One last cycle clearly isn't going to accomplish all those things.  There's only three things that could force an end to the game IMO:

1) Losing the license

2) Sales not justifying further development

3) Designers not wishing to develop any further (out of ideas or bored).

I don't think #1 is likely in the near future.  #2 is always possible, but given that everything they print sells out quickly seems implausible on its face.  #3 is always possible, but certainly the current cycle gives no hint of an end to their ideas.

It's true that "it has all led to this" could be a hint and not just marketing fluff.  While it could've been said of any release, it hasn't been said, and maybe it's a hint that This Is The End.  But I think it's ironic that in the same thread where the *clear* statement than the two starter set heroes would be released in regular products is questioned as being the product of an ignorant marketing intern with no insight into the future of the game, that a vague bit of marketing fluff would constitute solid evidence.  Who writes these releases?

"Stocks being run down everywhere" doesn't tell me much about the future of the game, because reprints selling out quickly has been the rule for years (and is a sign of *healthy* demand, I think).

Having lots of game has been true for a long time, so also doesn't tell me much about the future of the game.

It's also true that the cover shows Mordor (from the outside) and not Rhun.  It's possible that the cycle will pivot into Mordor, and since Mordor is the biggest, baddest destination in Middle Earth that would be a logical stopping point if you're looking for a stopping point.  But if true, it means that the game never would explore Rhun at all.  We already know where the quests of the deluxe take place, and they're all *west* of Lake Rhun, in territory once held by Gondor in its prime and arguably part of Rhovanion, not Rhun.  As I said, this would be a terrible shame.  The designers were able to tease nine quests out of little bits of Numenor sticking out of the water, but can only spare three quests on the borders of the vastness of Rhun?

The view of Mordor is from the Black Gate.  This is considerably closer to Minas Tirith than to the hills of Rhun, and as Frodo discovered is quite possibly the worst possible way to get into Mordor.  Even if this cycle did end in Mordor, I do not think we would be going that way.  The deluxe ends in a temple to Sauron outside Mordor, but if you want to put a Sauron reference on the cover, what else would you picture besides Barad-Dur/Mount Doom/Black Gate?

Sauron has a history in Rhun and stayed there during the watchful peace of 2063-2460.  It's possible that Sauron revisited his power base there between 2941 (chased out of Dol Goldur) and 2951 (declares himself openly in Mordor).  I think it would be cool if the destination of this cycle is not Mordor, but whatever fortress was used by Sauron in his stay in Rhun and likely is still under his control in the succeeding years.  Sauron's center of power in Rhun, held by him for nearly a thousand years (at least), could be a very interesting and dangerous place.

The "It has all led to this", could be in reference to the continuing of this specific narrative that started in the Grey Havens. Correct me if I'm wrong, but each deluxe and cycle since then has led into the next one. At the end of Havens, we were stranded in Harad. At the end of Harad, we went to look for a place for the Haradrim to live in Wilds. So maybe this is the last "linked" story line and the next deluxe will see us starting a new adventure. 

11 hours ago, Felswrath said:

I honestly can't say. I think I heard it hear or on the Facebook page. To my memory, it was attributed to Caleb, but I may honestly been totally mistaken. Nobody else seems to know about this, so it's more than possible that it was never said and that I'm simply remembering incorrectly.

There is a hint in one of the designer journals:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/8/state-of-the-lcg/

Q: If you could do one thing to improve the game experience, what would it be?

Caleb: Campaign play has been very successful and well-received with the saga expansions. Lately I’ve been thinking quite a bit about how we might be able to do more with that idea.

27 minutes ago, Amicus Draconis said:

There is a hint in one of the designer journals:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/8/state-of-the-lcg/

Q: If you could do one thing to improve the game experience, what would it be?

Caleb: Campaign play has been very successful and well-received with the saga expansions. Lately I’ve been thinking quite a bit about how we might be able to do more with that idea.

I'm not totally crazy!😂😂😂

I would think that "It's all led to this" could bear some significance if it were for the final AP, but it's an odd way to announce a cycle. I'm voting with the dramatic fluff crowd. I think we'll be told when a cycle will be the last. Also, though, we could still see more releases for the game, even if the cycle format is over.

This was on the Facebook community page, apparently the French spoiler article gave us different cards:

ffjcs77_m_2?fbclid=IwAR2UqwdEfUhYTToTXbRjs_oefZzrtGN-N0tYalWTmKqoRLiUHRv5Vme3Rc0

And somebody translated Frodo hero as: ""Response: when Frodo Baggin commits to a quest spend 1 ressource from his ressource pool to ready another unique character committed to the quest. If you obtain a quest success during that phase, reduce your threat level by 1."

Just to add another perspective on the "final cycle" nonsense arguments: A few people have said that Mordor (if we're going there, which we may well not be) would be a good place to set the final cycle (which this almost certainly isn't). But personally I think it's much more likely that, not knowing for sure how long the game will run, if Caleb has cool ideas for a cycle that goes to Mordor (or Rhun, or anywhere else), he's just going to do them. He's not going to postpone those ideas specifically to make sure they end up being the last things he makes, he's just going to get them out there so everyone can enjoy them sooner rather than later.

Caleb giving us cool stuff is not evidence the game is dying, it's evidence Caleb has cool stuff for us to enjoy.

15 minutes ago, John Constantine said:

Scroll a little up.

Ah oops, I see that now. I had skimmed through the last several posts in this thread and nobody seemed to be reacting to it, so I just posted. Sorry !