Setup attachment -- that helps with King of Dale....

Who would've thought the lowest threat hero would be Gollum?  I suppose he is most excellent at sneaking.

Derufin finally gets a card, but alas -- no Outlands status.

I'm curious what is on Faramir's text.  Since he's the same cost and stats as his leadership ally version, and lore is more hard up for resources than leadership, it needs to be something special.

Can someone give me an example of when Derufin's ability might be useful?  Even if we assume that it lasts forever?  (Since it doesn't say until the end of...)

Also, the next cycle is called "Vengeance of the Mordor"?  Misprint?  Seems awkward.

5 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Can someone give me an example of when Derufin's ability might be useful?  Even if we assume that it lasts forever?  (Since it doesn't say until the end of...)

Also, the next cycle is called "Vengeance of the Mordor"?  Misprint?  Seems awkward.

What do you mean lasts forever? It's a single time threat reduction.

Derufin's ability might be useful if you're desparate for threat reduction.  Otherwise not so useful.  Now, if it were on a Rohirrim's card instead of a "Gondor" outlander, it could be more useful.

With LeBoromir's help he provides 3 ranged attack for 3 resources, and Gondor's short on ranged attackers.

I sure hope it's not the final cycle, but if it is then what a way to finish. Taking the fight to the heart of the enemy itself. So, so, cool! 

And wow Smeagol, Grima, Loreagon may become a new favorite fellowship. Could call it Ranger Rehab.

10 minutes ago, John Constantine said:

1/2/1/2 Ranged is a very weak statline for a 3 costed unique character that is supposed to sacrifice itself. Very weird, considering the powercreep going on.

Completely agree.  Sounds more like a Rohan ability too.

5 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Completely agree.  Sounds more like a Rohan ability too.

Well there is that whole Mutual Accord thing, I currently have that in my Gondor deck paired up with my wife's Rohan one.

The product page mentions Contracts.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-card-game/products/shadow-east/

Featuring the game’s first double-sided hero and a new card type in the form of Contracts, it is up to you to build your Fellowship, travel to troubled region, and restore peace to the innocent citizens who have placed their faith in you!

43 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Anyone want to guess what contracts are going to be?

Maybe some kind of Achievements?Like a boon you could earn if you collect enough Victory points for instance. 

I really hope we will have another Saling scenario in this cycle.

I would love to navigate in the sea Rhun. 

Mutual Accord sadly affects only cards in play.  Derufin would be a great asset if he were Rohan, he could use his ability, be retrieved by Gamling or Guthwine, and put back in play for two.  But in the discard pile even Mutual Accord won't help him.  I suppose there's Stand and Fight.  Not many Gondor allies in spirit.

2 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

"It has all led to this." :  From the offical news article! Last cycle confirmed! The game really is dying this time!

:D

While I certainly hope it isn't the last cycle, I have always thought that the last cycle would take place in Mordor. 

Interesting times ahead...

So, I must confess I am no expert in these matters, but doesn't someone carrying the One Ring in a time period supposedly between Bilbo's Birthday and Elrond's Council contradict canon a little bit?

I am asking because this wasn't released yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Anyone want to guess what contracts are going to be?

My guess it's something that acts like a boon but only in multiplayer games.

Posted (edited)

My guess that Contracts gonna be like the Agenda from AGoT2.

A card that defines your deck, provides some benefits, alters the deckbuilding rules, applies some restrictions, etc.

Like, you cannot include dwarves into your deck, but your elves get +1 wp or whatever.

Edited by John Constantine

31 minutes ago, 987654321 said:

So, I must confess I am no expert in these matters, but doesn't someone carrying the One Ring in a time period supposedly between Bilbo's Birthday and Elrond's Council contradict canon a little bit?

I am asking because this wasn't released yesterday.

Play Bilbo.

I'm ok with giving us flexibility with the story.  I might like to imagine a version were. Faramir, Grimbeorn, and Brand son of Bane were at the council of Elrond instead of Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli.