Sign in to follow this  
Thraug

FFG live: April 2nd, 2pm est

3 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

In most games with the SSD I want to play objectives that let me at least influence if not outright guarentee the location of the station. 

With a base that large, the SSD could spend nearly the whole game overlapping the station even while at speed 1, I expect.

Posted (edited)

Don't have the data to watch the whole thing currently, but could I just check if they revealed overlap rules for huge ships?

Edited by Muelmuel

19 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

Don't have the data to watch the whole thing currently, but could I just check if they revealed overlap rules for huge ships?

Same rules we currently have. Things get bumped, ship that's moving, moves back until it can fit. Each ship takes a face down damage card unless flotilla.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Same rules we currently have. Things get bumped, ship that's moving, moves back until it can fit. Each ship takes a face down damage card unless flotilla.

Ohhh. Thanks. Was expecting more though. Well I guess CR90s with SSD-stopping power will become a thing haha

What about squadron placement? Those that were overlapped?

Edited by Muelmuel

7 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

Ohhh. Thanks. Was expecting more though. Well I guess CR90s with SSD-stopping power will become a thing haha

What about squadron placement? Those that were overlapped?

They will have the whole ship to be relocated  The.  Whole.  Ship.  Speed 6 B-Wings?

5 minutes ago, BillHimclaw said:

They will have the whole ship to be relocated  The.  Whole.  Ship.  Speed 6 B-Wings?

Wow. Hmm, personally I think that's a little too good for the opponent. The SSD's fighter cover that gets overlapped will suffer too. Lols place the attacking bombers on the front and the defending squads at the back and the defending squads have to use another 1-2 squadron commands to get back into the fight haha

14 hours ago, LordCola said:

Yeah, dislike that a lot. Really wanted Advanced Projectors on the SSD 😕 

Yes, but that would have been way too powerful. It would advanced projectors would 3 additional shield zones instead of just one. Apparently advanced projectors would break the game. 

1 hour ago, bkcammack said:

Yes, but that would have been way too powerful. It would advanced projectors would 3 additional shield zones instead of just one. Apparently advanced projectors would break the game. 

It would have been nice with Advanced Projectors but XI7s still counter it. Frees up another officer slot though.

The SSD can just plot a repair command and bring 8 shields from other areas to your down shield and those adjacent hull zones that you have been redirecting to. After two rounds of this you can then begin to repair 4 shields a turn.

Posted (edited)

If you have an SSD with 2 repair gozantis, reveal engineering and overlap the station...  That's a whooping 5 damage cards that go poof in a round.  If you could equip advanced projectors on top of that this ship would be immortal.

EDIT: Unrelated, but during the video they keep saying that "Huge ships do this" and "Huge ships do that".  It feels more and more like there are (an)other huge ship(s) on the works...

Edited by BillHimclaw

36 minutes ago, BillHimclaw said:

If you have an SSD with 2 repair gozantis, reveal engineering and overlap the station...  That's a whooping 5 damage cards that go poof in a round.  If you could equip advanced projectors on top of that this ship would be immortal.

EDIT: Unrelated, but during the video they keep saying that "Huge ships do this" and "Huge ships do that".  It feels more and more like there are (an)other huge ship(s) on the works...

I wouldn't expect another one, but it sounds like they haven't ruled it out (and why would they?) If they ever did make a Rebel huge ship, it would be unfair if the SSD could equip Advanced Projectors and the other one couldn't (b/c Minister Tua is Empire only).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BillHimclaw said:

Ack, there goes my plan to land 6-7 unstoppable crits and ensure a completely crippled SSD, hahaha. Would probably need to kill the gozantis first

I won't be surprised, I'm fully expecting and calling on Starhawks, any time now.. (still waiting for the Maus to release some official art or blueprint of them)(also, don't forget EHB alt art is a Bellator)

Edited by Muelmuel

18 hours ago, xanderf said:

Not specific to the SSD, but they mentioned the Outer Rim campaign is Q2, not the Q3 listed on the site.  So...that's nice.

When did they say this in the stream? I couldn't find anything about RR release times.

12 hours ago, RobertK said:

With a base that large, the SSD could spend nearly the whole game overlapping the station even while at speed 1, I expect.

And all the obstacles that were placed around the station (you did place them around the station, right?) as well.

6 hours ago, BillHimclaw said:

Wouldn't be totally unexpected - and it comes down to where the cutoff is for a 'huge ship'.  IE., is the SSD at the start of that breakdown or...maybe the ISD is the top of 'large', and anything bigger is 'huge'?If so, there are plenty of candidates that wouldn't be as problematic to build a model for as the SSD.

Of course, Star Wars being Star Wars, there are also tons of ships much larger, but let's not get ridiculous...

5 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I wouldn't expect another one, but it sounds like they haven't ruled it out (and why would they?) If they ever did make a Rebel huge ship, it would be unfair if the SSD could equip Advanced Projectors and the other one couldn't (b/c Minister Tua is Empire only).

OTOH, they could just give the Rebel huge ship a Defensive Retrofit slot out the gate, and then no problem...

(IMHO, it's more about other possible slots.  IE., adding more command slots or ...anticipating something in the 'Rebellion in the Rim' expansion that adds it... experimental retrofit slots.  There are PLENTY of possible areas of upgrade slots that we might see something in the game make more widely available, that would be unusually problematic for 'huge' ships...)

17 hours ago, Belisarius09 said:

Kinda bummed by some of the rulings. 

I expected certain things like things that specify large ships wouldn't work on huge ships ex hardened bulkheads.  But I didn't expect Tua would be ruled out.  Didn't think Motti would have zero interaction, assumed he'd just give 3 hp like he does w/ large.  Didn't think enhanced armament would be limited to the front side arcs only.  Didn't think the half hp, half points rule would include FULL upgrade pts.  Yeesh, throw the ship a bone.  It didn't get a single ruling in its favor. 

How do you feel about the use instructions for the man tool?  By maneuvering from the rear base it means the front arc can really swing a long ways.  I'd call that a benefit.

6 hours ago, BillHimclaw said:

SWM 28... Just saying...

If they did a viscount star defender (I think star hawk is more likely do to canonisation and the MC85 is to similar in design) it wil almost sertainly have a defensive retrofit. Mon Cal Ships canonically have much more advanced shielding than Imperial ships.

19 hours ago, Karneck said:

What if it goes off the map?