Sign in to follow this  
Thraug

FFG live: April 2nd, 2pm est

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

"You will get half points if you get halfway through the health of the super-star destroyer"

So it's not the pure point fortress typical of dual-ISD lists.

mm good. 

Point fortress play styles are generally not fun for the opposing player. And very binary. Either the SSD goes down and they win, or it doesn't and you win. 

"Allowed to extend out from deployment zone, but need to be touching back edge of table edge if you extend out.  Squadrons that deploy from you cannot deploy further from distance 5 from table edge."

"Admiral Motti has no effect on the Super Star Destroyer"

They also confirmed that SSD movement is from the front of the rear base, and collisions work as with any other ships - no special rules there.  Both of these I think we already knew/expected.

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Obstacles have normal effects on the SSD, too.  I think we expected that, but good to have confirmed.

"You cannot install Minister Tua, or any other upgrade that adds upgrade slots, to Huge ships"

Ummm...wow.

Makes things a lot easier.  Brunson, Kallus, Support Officer.

Just now, xanderf said:

"You cannot install Minister Tua, or any other upgrade that adds upgrade slots, to Huge ships"

Yeah, dislike that a lot. Really wanted Advanced Projectors on the SSD 😕 

Posted (edited)

No special missions in the SSD, either.  "Just content you use with the ship.  Sector fleet rules developed alongside it, but we put those online because you don't need the SSD to play those."

Edited by xanderf

That's kinda disappointing. I would have liked a unique SSD mission like with the Raider in X-wing. But I guess they are making a whole campaign expansion PLUS the sector fleet rules, so I guess I shouldn't be salty. 

6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Yeah, I'll take Easy of Compatibility with every existing means, rather than a custom mission played once, anytime :D

Eh, it's not the one-off mission that is hoped for so much as the X-Wing-style mini-campaigns that came with their 'huge' ships.  Those were pretty cool, nicely story-focused, usually with at least one split based on mission results.

Would have been cool, is all.

4 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Eh, it's not the one-off mission that is hoped for so much as the X-Wing-style mini-campaigns that came with their 'huge' ships.  Those were pretty cool, nicely story-focused, usually with at least one split based on mission results.

Would have been cool, is all.

Im sure it would have been...  But I was thoroughly unimpressed by them...  I never saw anyone play them more than once, even if they did - and even then, they did just because they needed stuff to Stream...