NickEW

Poor Customer Service

I have been trying to resolve a broken deck for more than two weeks now.

I got a deck with only 35 cards + 1 Archon card.

My emails have gone unanswered now for over a week.

This has to be the worst Customer Service I have ever had with a game company.

I own 28 Keyforge decks, 2 copies of Discover, loads of X-Wing models and was going to start with Star Wars Legion.

Well now I am going to unload all this stuff and take my game spending dollars to another company.

Thank you for driving off another loyal customer.

Posted (edited)

Did you E-Mail the right people? Perusing the website a bit seems to indicate that Asmodee handles this aspect of the company. Here's the link I found when I clicked "Component Defects" and it redirected me to Asmodee's site:

https://parts.asmodeena.com/partsrequests/

I'll tell you what - You send me the names of all your keyforge decks, I'll pay you $10 to buy one (my choice) and you can use that money to buy yourself a new keyforge deck. Then the cost of the defective one is covered and if they do answer and send you a new deck it's a bonus. Unless you're dead set on offloading hundreds of dollars of product over one sour $10 transaction. Seems a bit drastic to me but you do you.

Edited by TheSpitfired

1 hour ago, TheSpitfired said:

I'll tell you what - You send me the names of all your keyforge decks, I'll pay you $10 to buy one (my choice) and you can use that money to buy yourself a new keyforge deck. Then the cost of the defective one is covered and if they do answer and send you a new deck it's a bonus. Unless you're dead set on offloading hundreds of dollars of product over one sour $10 transaction. Seems a bit drastic to me but you do you.

How does buying one of my usable a decks offset the cost of my defective deck? I still spent the $20, $10 for working deck and $10 for the defective deck. You buying the good one for $10 does not pay the $10 for the bad one.

I have been emailing the parts request addy. They ask for photos of my deck and proof of purchase two weeks ago and I sent the pics a day later. Since then no responses. 

I guess my thought process was if you were looking to unload and sell out I was hoping to get first dibs and cherry pick for a deck I might like. Or from a tilted perspective you get $10 you didn't have and you don't even have to buy a new deck if you don't want. Was just thinking out loud in a way that could work for both of us.

The only other thing I can think to ask - I haven't had to deal with Asmodee in this regard yet - is what happens when you click "check status" and type in your reference number? My instinct is to suggest further patience and that they might take longer because they are a bigger company. I'm not saying I agree with that, you'd think they would have said something by now, but that's my guess. Dpuck has already asked the only other question I can think of.

I mean not as a big a deal but I've been waiting for at least a month on a rules question so I kind of relate, but the stakes aren't as high for me so I'm not as invested. Hang in there.

Local shop won't take opened product. Nor should they have to. This is Fantasy Flights mistake and they should be the one to correct it.

In the past when I had a defective product (an AT-43 figure) FF jumped through hoops to get me a replacement in a very timely manner. But this waiting for weeks after jumping through the hoops they want me to without even any acknowledgment is down right rude.

3 hours ago, NickEW said:

I have been emailing the parts request addy. They ask for photos of my deck and proof of purchase two weeks ago and I sent the pics a day later. Since then no responses. 

I have a similar case. One of my decks has a defective card. The poor Raiding Knight has a frilled lower edge. It is a visual and tactile defect you can feel even through a protective sleeve. I made an application for replacement through the Asmodee site*. They sent me an email asking for photos and proof of purchase. This despite the fact that I had included photos in my original application. I sent them what they asked for with a more detailed explanation of the situation by email to the address they had emailed me from. It has been several weeks since then with no answer.

*The application form is quite terrible. You only get 200 characters to explain your problem, which is nowhere near enough for a detailed description.

11 hours ago, NickEW said:

I have been trying to resolve a broken deck for more than two weeks now.

I got a deck with only 35 cards + 1 Archon card.

My emails have gone unanswered now for over a week.

This has to be the worst Customer Service I have ever had with a game company.

I own 28 Keyforge decks, 2 copies of Discover, loads of X-Wing models and was going to start with Star Wars Legion.

Well now I am going to unload all this stuff and take my game spending dollars to another company.

Thank you for driving off another loyal customer.

So you spent a thousand dollars on a hobby and because you didn't hear back within 5 working days over a $10 Keyforge deck, you're going to sell it all at a loss and find a new hobby? Are you sure you have let your emotions calm down and thought this through?

It has been 12 working days and 10 working days since I last received any communication from FF/Asmodee and even that was just an auto reply.

It's not the money involved.

The dozen or so people local to me that were interested in getting into the game have now decided against it. They don't want to spend their gaming dollars on a product that might take forever, if ever, to get replaced if theirs has issue.

So this is more than just a $10 deck to me. It is affecting any sort of Keyforge community that might have formed here.

Posted (edited)

Was I expecting to have a replacement deck by now? No, of course not. But I did expect to have some sort of resolution decided by now.

Edited by NickEW

If your emails are going unanswered, have you tried calling them? Their customer service number is 855 382 8880. I'd definitely explore that avenue and express your frustration at the lack of email response.