Sign in to follow this  
agenttherock

Idea: Purple Maneuvers

1 minute ago, BDrafty said:

I like your line of thinking. In theory, there SHOULD be force abilities that are beyond the reach of lower-skill jedi. If it costed 2 force points, this would exclude the basic inquisitors and jedi knights and would only be usable by those who are stronger with the force. 

Being able to basically change the quality of your dial seems strong enough to cost 2 force points. It also stops you from using it every turn since you only generate 1 at the end of the round.

IMHO Battle Meditation is one of those rare talents that should have been more coslty Forcewise. 
I do hope that either prices of Delta 7B will go down to allow for high-initiative all Delta 7B list, or some new cool Force talents will increase the lethality of standard issue Delta.

Posted (edited)

Super cool idea! I'm in favor of the IG-88 style moves. Like, a purple 3 hard where you move the 3 hard, and then rotate 180 degrees.

Or, maybe have a ship that has both T-Rolls and Sloops, either one red and one purple, or both purple or something.

I guess with how force regenerates, you will always be able to execute purples, right? Because you will always have at least 1 force at the start of activation? Maybe having it cost 2 like @BDrafty said. But that would lock out 1 force pilots.

Edited by HanScottFirst

Force Power: Combat Telekinesis

While you execute a red maneuver, you may spend one [FORCE CHARGE] to reduce its difficulty.

Alternative wording:

While you execute a red or white maneuver, you may spend two [FORCE CHARGE] to reduce its diffiiculty.

7 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wonder what the penalty would be for dialing a purple maneuver, and then finding you don't have a force to spend to activate it.

Since you gain a force charge back in the end phase, the only time this would happen is if you have SupNat and use your last force charge on it or using Saesee’s ability before they move.

12 hours ago, kempokid said:

Since you gain a force charge back in the end phase, the only time this would happen is if you have SupNat and use your last force charge on it or using Saesee’s ability before they move.

So far, at least. And I was mainly thinking about Supernatural Reflexes as that's a realistic scenario.

latest?cb=20150622162934

Sounds familiar? 

I am not sure if I would like Force users having this. Maybe some 1 or 2 individual pilot(s) with  Ini 3 or 4 as his/her/its special ability. But having this as a generic Force power, especially one costing 2 Force, makes the already special snowflakes of Vader, Luke, Kylo, Obi,  etc even more special, towards being game breaking in the end. It is already bad enough that FFG almost always puts the best abilities on the highest ini values.

Maybe implement it as a ship ability rather than force power, so that it only affects one platform and doesn’t require balancing for existing force users...

it could have a dial with blue/white basic manoeuvres only, and the ability to spend a force to rotate 90 degrees after fully executing a manoeuvre. (You’d need to have some blues to allow it to deal with stress applied from other sources).

Limiting it to 90 degree rotation only would make it a bit more unique / interesting/ challenging to fly, as it wouldn’t have access to a K-Turn, but could Talon Roll at any speed... ;)

19 hours ago, DexterOnone said:

Maybe implement it as a ship ability rather than force power, so that it only affects one platform and doesn’t require balancing for existing force users...

it could have a dial with blue/white basic manoeuvres only, and the ability to spend a force to rotate 90 degrees after fully executing a manoeuvre. (You’d need to have some blues to allow it to deal with stress applied from other sources).

Limiting it to 90 degree rotation only would make it a bit more unique / interesting/ challenging to fly, as it wouldn’t have access to a K-Turn, but could Talon Roll at any speed... ;)

ETA2 Actis is supposed to be ridiculously agile...  :D Still, I'd love some new cool force talent for light side pilots, something as useful as Hate is for the dark ones. Hopefully a much cheaper Brilliant Evasion will fill that spot.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:41 PM, nikk whyte said:

In the rules, the degree of difficulty goes blue/white/red/purple.

Not sure if this is a stupid question then, but does the crit that makes manuevers harder then make red manuevers purple now?

21 minutes ago, fearpils said:

Not sure if this is a stupid question then, but does the crit that makes manuevers harder then make red manuevers purple now?

No, because purple manoeuvres don't (yet) exist.  In theory if there were something which just made actions harder, instead of setting a specific colour, it would make a red action purple, but no such upgrade currently exists.