Duciris

Barkham Horror!

I can't stop thinking about how great Take the Wheel could be in the right situation. I mean. Just on normal Skids. If you can time it right, that's 9 damage before you get into extra actions. Add an elusive, Skids' bonus action and Leo, and you're up 18 damage. Or say, if you have a massive boss, you move out, in, out, in, out, in, for 9 damage on the boss, while also clearing every enemy in an adjacent location, probably. Then, you have O'drool's extra ability, for three more moves. 27 damage. And if you really invest, you can get more actions still.

Yes, I'm proposing to finish Umordhoth and the Airdrop Cultists (that's my Manowar cover band) by repeatedly driving donuts in the forest.

Edited by Eldan985

I'm a LotR LCG guy that has never played AH, but now I wish I did. You are so lucky! If my game ever got the parody treatment I'd be uber-excited. It speaks volumes to the dedication the FFG team has for this community. Basically, congrats, and I'm SO jelly!

46 minutes ago, Pericles said:

I'm a LotR LCG guy that has never played AH, but now I wish I did. You are so lucky! If my game ever got the parody treatment I'd be uber-excited. It speaks volumes to the dedication the FFG team has for this community. Basically, congrats, and I'm SO jelly!

Did I write this? I sure wish I did.

And for parody treatments, please check LOTR LCG Peter Jackson Edition!

On 12/4/2019 at 7:25 PM, Pericles said:

There is Also Monty Python version of Lotr Lcg...

Board game geek files... it was Many years ago, so it most likely has been burried deep in the files section...

it was based on the meaning of life movie if I am not remembering wrong.

edit: Yes I was remembering it wrong... it was Holy Grail ;)

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Additional info

In all seriousness: The Holy Grail has a consistent set of characters throughout the movie, they have clear roles*, it has a clear end goal the characters are trying to achieve and pretty defined obstacles for them on their way there. Meaning of Life is a good movie, but there's not really a consistent story to it.

*King Arthur: leader-type guardian.

Sir Lancelot the Brave: pure combat guardian.

Sir Bevedere the Wise: seeker. Proves the Earth to be banana-shaped, knows a lot about witches.

Sir Robin the not-quite so brave: Rogue.

Sir Galahad the Brave: probably also a guardian. Has an exceptionally high will, of course.

Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Movie: Also a rogue. Stealth and movement focused.

Edited by Eldan985

2 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

In all seriousness: The Holy Grail has a consistent set of characters throughout the movie, they have clear roles*, it has a clear end goal the characters are trying to achieve and pretty defined obstacles for them on their way there. Meaning of Life is a good movie, but there's not really a consistent story to it.

Sir Bevedere the Wise: seeker. Proves the Earth to be banana-shaped, knows a lot about witches.

Sir Galahad the Brave: probably also a guardian. Has an exceptionally high will, of course.

Arthur could be the inverse of Roland  Joe, a Seeker/Guardian

Mystic?  "There are some who call me....Tim".

Edited by CSerpent

I mean, he does join the party for a bit, but I think I would have stated Tim as an ally, not an investigator.

We don't really have a blaster caster yet.... hm. Given his intro, I'd be tempted to say that his ability is something like more charges on damage spells, but that's too close to Akachi. Bonus damage?

Anyway, I want to see the Bridge Keeper as an elite enemy, with a parlay.

Edited by Eldan985

The Holy Hand Grenade is simple. It's Dynamite, with the blessed trait and bonus damage against monsters , like custom ammunition. However, it takes three actions to play. If you take five actions to play it, you lose the scenario.

Coconuts obviously give a bonus on movement, like a horse.

(Coconut: fast: exhaust an ally you control, move to a connecting location. Concorde is an ally that expands your hand size when he's in play and searches your deck for coconuts.)

Edited by Eldan985

21 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

I want to respond to this with something clever, but I can't come up with everything.

Well... guess the writer had a stroke.

2 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

The Holy Hand Grenade is simple. It's Dynamite, with the blessed trait and bonus damage against monsters , like custom ammunition. However, it takes three actions to play. If you take five actions to play it, you lose the scenario.

Coconuts obviously give a bonus on movement, like a horse.

(Coconut: fast: exhaust an ally you control, move to a connecting location. Concorde is an ally that expands your hand size when he's in play and searches your deck for coconuts.)

We have cats and dogs as allies (in the regular game), what about an unladen swallow?

Edited by Duciris

I'm not sure what it would do. Tutor for coconuts?

Edit: actually, an unladen swallow allows you to evade an enemy with intellect instead of agility. And if you pull an elder sign on that evasion, the enemy is discarded instead. Seeker card.

Edited by Eldan985

I'm thinking enemies.

French Taunter.  Engages normally.  You cannot move while engaged.  It cannot be evaded or attacked.  Parlay 5 Intellect: disengage after successful parlay.

Black Knight (1).  4 evade, 4 health, 4 fight.  3 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (2) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (2).  3 evade, 3 health, 3 fight.  2 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (3) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (3).  2 evade, 2 health, 2 fight.  1 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (4) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (4).  1 evade, 1 health, 1 fight.  0 damage.

Camelot.  After discovering a clue at Camelot, discard the top three cards from your deck.  "Tis a silly place."

Edited by Duciris

Surely Galahad would be a mystic or at least off class mystic. He's led around by visions and symbols so he fits the motivation.  Not sure how much of a Guardian he actually is considering I don't think we see him fight or protect anything in the movie.

5 hours ago, Duciris said:

I'm thinking enemies.

French Taunter.  Engages normally.  You cannot move while engaged.  It cannot be evaded or attacked.  Parlay 5 Intellect: disengage after successful parlay.

Black Knight (1).  4 evade, 4 health, 4 fight.  3 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (2) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (2).  3 evade, 3 health, 3 fight.  2 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (3) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (3).  2 evade, 2 health, 2 fight.  1 damage.  Hunter.  When defeated, put Back Knight (4) into play engaged with you.

Black Knight (4).  1 evade, 1 health, 1 fight.  0 damage.

Camelot.  After discovering a clue at Camelot, discard the top three cards from your deck.  "Tis a silly place."

What are you going to do, bleed on me?

12 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

And I just had the silliest idea for a card:

Trojan Siege Rabbit

Asset. Item.

When you move to a location and there is an enemy at that location, that enemy can not engage you until the start of your next turn. You can not move.

Or:

Event

Attach Trojan Siege rabbit to your location.  Exhaust all enemies at your location.

Forced - At the beginning of the enemy phase, all investigators at this location take 3 damage.  Discard Trojan Siege Rabbit.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, Duciris said:

We have cats and dogs as allies (in the regular game), what about an unladen swallow?

Migratory Swallow

Cost 3.

Ally. Creature. Swallow.

<rea> After Migratory Swallow enters play: Search your collection for an Item asset and attach it to Migratory Swallow. Attached asset is under your control, but occupies no equipment slots.

<for> When investigators spend any number of clues: You realize a half-pound bird cannot possibly carry attached asset. Detach that asset, pay all costs required to play it, and discard Migratory Swallow. If you cannot, you are defeated and take 1 mental trauma.