Sign in to follow this  
Kylemcph240

When to use the Relentless title

Hey everyone I had a question to the veteran players out there. Is there ever a situation where you would want to take the relentless title on an ISD? I personally think it could be really useful on say a Kuat allowing a bit more flexibility on commands, but the standard response I have seen on the forum for fleet builds is that you should never really take it. Let me know what you think. 

Posted (edited)

Correct. If you are experienced, it is useless. Waste of points. 2 more for avenger, which is 1st or 2nd best title for ISDs. Chimera is also fun

Edited by Cleto0

I think that Relentless falls into the same category as Defence Liaison, Navigation Officer, Tactical Experts, Support Officer etc. These all help beginners who are unsure what command they may need in future to have more accuracy selecting the correct dial when the time comes to reveal it.

Experienced players tend to not need them, or at least prefer to spend the points elsewhere and occasionally still suffer the wrong assumption leading to a bad command dial. These type of upgrade have a secondary use as Slicer Tool or Raid insurance and so still have a place in the game but you don't see them that often in top lists.

For only 3 points Relentless isn't that expensive and it helps with command accuracy on a big 120-160 point unit that is a decent proportion of your fleet points. Combined with SFO (which is one of these type of command-dial-improving upgrades that I take regularly) you almost get command 1 benefits. Relentless does of course compete with the popular Avenger title and in 800-1200 point games the Tarkin/Sovereign combination is pure gold.

1 hour ago, Mad Cat said:

Experienced players tend to not need them, or at least prefer to spend the points elsewhere and occasionally still suffer the wrong assumption leading to a bad command dial.

And those mistakes make us learn, whereas Relentless has slightly less of a feedback system. 🙂

5 hours ago, Mad Cat said:

These type of upgrade have a secondary use as Slicer Tool or Raid insurance

No this one does not. Liaisons do, this does not.  The only one it helps with is Cham, who changes your whole stack, which is one less now 😂

Relentless + SFO can be quite good, especially for less experienced players.

Unfortunately it's not very competitive.

If you take an ISD, you want something better for both the title (usually Avenger) and the officer (Pryce, Brunson, IO, SAdv, etc).

So just leave the card in your binder.