Nezime

X-Wing sale

51 minutes ago, infyrana said:

May I ask where this was shown?  Can't seem to find much on their shipping page (or I'm looking in the wrong place).  If we could pay those prices over here (buy 1 get 1 free + 15% discount after) I'd be able to give a friend a nice birthday gift so I could get another player into the game!

Well I attempted to place an order and no EU countries were an option.

So I googled why it wouldn't be and found a few hits saying that B&N and many other US stores aren't shipping to the EU due to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

26 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I’m not seeing a deal pop up. How did you all get this? 

Basically, look for what you want, add it to your cart, then view the cart.  It will show any appropriate discounts.

1 hour ago, XPav said:

It appears now it's just "Buy One Get 50% Off", and it's these things:

That's what the deal always said, but for some reason it rang up as "Buy One Get One Free," so maybe it should have said "Buy Two Get 50% Off."

It's likely this sale was some sort of glitch or something, since it was not clearly marked or advertised, only seemed to pop up when things were in the cart and the cart was processing the total, and is not apparently being acknowledged or honored at Brick-N-Mortar locations.  It's also unlikely B&N would want to so deeply undercut all their newest arrivals for X-Wing, when the deal didn't even apply to a lot of the older stuff. 

But whatever the reason, some people were able to jump into the Separatists and/or the Republic very cheaply today.

The physical stores have had the BOGO 50% off for a couple weeks now, but i think it is intended to clear out their 1.0 stock and Star Wars destiny (which i don't think they are going to continue to carry; haven't seen new sets there).

They may have tried to extend that sale to the online x-wing stock, but got it wrong... quite a bit wrong since all the new stuff is sold out! 

i have all of the conversion kits, except rebels... If I buy that online, i could pretty much get any other ship for free. are any of the 2.0 wave 1 or 2 ships worth getting if I have all the conversion kits? I think I've read where nothing in individual wave 1 or 2 packs was exclusive.

Posted (edited)

Looks like it's a glitch on the B&N site. The sale is SUPPOSED to be Buy One, Get the Second for 50% off (so basically 25% off), but the site is treating the sale as BOGO. Same thing for strategy board games like Catan, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and Unlock! products.

Almost all the X-Wing stuff is sold out online, so I went to the store down the street. The sale was all screwed up, as some of the items didn't recognize the sale at all. It's as if the store marked all the games with the name "Star Wars" as part of the sale, but not all of the X-Wing product have "Star Wars" in their names in the computer system.

The store manager was called over, and he verified that the sale was not BOGO, so I told him that I'd pass on my purchase. He went ahead and manually discounted everything to BOGO for me because it is so royally screwed up. Hats off to him.

I went onto the site and bought all the other games I wanted that are incorrectly discounted before B&N fixes the glitch.

EDIT: They fixed the glitch.

Edited by Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Posted (edited)

My B&N gave me the discount on a 2e Y-Wing and 1e Defender but had to call a manager to get my TIE Advanced pair discounted. 

Went back for a TIE and a T-65. And I may be back again...lots of Star Vipers and Moldy Crows and A-Wings.

Edited by ArcHammer

I took advantage of the buy one get one half off at my local B&N yesterday and the 2.0 stuff didn't ring up that way, but since the signage didn't say anything about 1.0 vs. 2.0 they honored it.  Got really fortunate to get all the wave 3 stuff before lunch this morning and they started running out.  It was most definitely a glitch on their end!

11 hours ago, Merrick_H said:

Lando's Falcon wasn't eligible for BOGO, but some 1E stuff was.  The discount seemed a little hit or miss.

Yea.  Most of the 1e stuff i am trying to add, is unavailable to buy on site, or not in any store near me...

6 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Looks like it's a glitch on the B&N site. The sale is SUPPOSED to be Buy One, Get the Second for 50% off (so basically 25% off), but the site is treating the sale as BOGO. Same thing for strategy board games like Catan, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and Unlock! products.

Almost all the X-Wing stuff is sold out online, so I went to the store down the street. The sale was all screwed up, as some of the items didn't recognize the sale at all. It's as if the store marked all the games with the name "Star Wars" as part of the sale, but not all of the X-Wing product have "Star Wars" in their names in the computer system.

The store manager was called over, and he verified that the sale was not BOGO, so I told him that I'd pass on my purchase. He went ahead and manually discounted everything to BOGO for me because it is so royally screwed up. Hats off to him.

I went onto the site and bought all the other games I wanted that are incorrectly discounted before B&N fixes the glitch.

EDIT: They fixed the glitch.

Good to know...

Guess they finally fixed that glitch.  Tried to order a Moldey crow and 8th defender, for pick up at a local store, and only got 50% off one of the 2 ships...  So said NA.  Not today.

20 hours ago, dadocollin said:

My local B&N would not give the BOGO on the 2.0 ships despite the sign being there where they have all the ships.  I had them ring up two new A-wings just to check and they did not come up BOGO.  So take advantage of the website while you can!

Any of the stuff that had a manufacturer of fantasy flight was not eligible.  online the A wing did, it was the only difference in the sku numbers. 

Dear Barnes & Noble,

Right now you’re probably kicking yourself for making such an egregious error and giving away a bunch of brand new product practically for free, when you probably didn’t even intend for it to be part of the 50% off sale in the first place. But I have to say that I respect that you honored the sales anyway. You could have messaged everyone and said, “Whoops, these products were of part of the sale, so we’re canceling your order and here’s a refund” and we all would have grumbled a little but after a day or two we would have gotten over it and gone on with our lives. But you didn’t. You decided to honor the transactions. And for that I have great respect for you, and my loyalty as a B&N customer has been greatly increased. 

Soon in short, thanks Barnes & Noble for being so awesome. I’ll see you again soon. 

-Herowannabe

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

Dear Barnes & Noble,

Right now you’re probably kicking yourself for making such an egregious error and giving away a bunch of brand new product practically for free, when you probably didn’t even intend for it to be part of the 50% off sale in the first place. But I have to say that I respect that you honored the sales anyway. You could have messaged everyone and said, “Whoops, these products were of part of the sale, so we’re canceling your order and here’s a refund” and we all would have grumbled a little but after a day or two we would have gotten over it and gone on with our lives. But you didn’t. You decided to honor the transactions. And for that I have great respect for you, and my loyalty as a B&N customer has been greatly increased. 

Soon in short, thanks Barnes & Noble for being so awesome. I’ll see you again soon. 

-Herowannabe

I fully expected that to happen. I was actually surprised to see my items ship yesterday.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:26 AM, Nezime said:

For anybody interested in picking up the new factions yet and hasn't, or those just looking to fill out a few things Barnes & Noble currently has X-Wing stuff buy one get one free. The bogo deal also stacks with their currently 10-15% off order totals off of $40-$60.

You will have to make seperate orders if you buy things in a different price bracket, otherwise it will always give you the cheapest items free, and if you do an odd number of items it gives you 40% off your whole order instead.

It's a bit of work to get everything right, but well worth the deal, especially with free shipping. They currently have a good selection of 1e stuff and all the 2e stuff in stock. I just used it to pick up a full seperatist set for myself for less than $100

Does this work in store as well?