Jump to content
Blail Blerg

Call for suggestions: What are you having fun with that we should try??

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Blail Blerg said:

Shh. You might wake up the balancers. 

(Yeah. Its totally not priced right. And that's why its such a necessity right now. )

I will be sad when I don't get to use it again, but yeah, I do think the R2 probably should go up 2 points. R2-D2 being one higher than that seems ok right now. I've rarely wanted to go with R2-D2 as rebel still. 

At this point though, its pretty madness to not use it when its sooo good. 

If waking up the balancers were that easy we'd all be marching back and forth bashing pots together just to be thorough.  They'd get pretty tired of us fast.  ;)

One of my buddies that flies jedi aces lamented that he's basically trapped with his list design.  He has to have R2 or else he's not competing with the lists that do, but he'd really prefer a different list design and playstyle.  Once he was done with the last tournament he switched to flying Luminara with C1-10P (with Anakin + Ric, and R2 on only one ship) and was having great fun with that list.  Once he figured out how to use her, Luminara started being a real monster, jamming foes and nerfing their attacks regularly.  ^_^  I haven't checked, but I assume he'll have to switch back to his standard R2 list for the upcoming Regional on Saturday (though it'd be awesome if the Luminara version feels good enough to gamble on a Regional; I admire the exploration and trickery).

He's hoping for a nerf to R2 simply so he's got more breathing room for listbuilding without giving up his edge against other rebel/republic lists.  And when people feel trapped into taking an option, I hope for a nerf for the same reason.  I like to see diversity on the table, and that opens up a lot more options for designing and perfecting your use of the list and playstyle you love.

And in more selfish terms, I wouldn't cry too much if run&regen weren't such an automatic and highly effective playstyle.  It's kinda tedious to fight.  A 2+ point increase would be welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

7 games under my belt with this variation (made a mistake earlier with how many I've done with it...)

Obi/Ani/Ric - win. Actually caught Ani on a bump, tractored him onto a debris cloud. made him sad

2 Defenders Sigma - win. fairly easy matchup. 

Sinker swarm - win. apparently if you use bombs to disperse the torrents so they can't get the sinker rerolls the list falls apart?

RAC/Whisper - loss. This guy is taking this list to worlds, has been practicing it steady for about 5-6 weeks. It's really nasty and he has a total of 3 losses with it, including Vassal.  A top 6 SOS player. So no slouch. Came down to the final die roll and a single mistake on my part. He will be the first to admit he had no business winning it. Rac lived 4 turns, including the first turn of movement.

Vader/Soontir/Echo - win. Was a very tough match however. Really required me to hide in the rocks and use them to my advantage to avoid death. 

Dash/Ezra - he went 3-1 at the last tournament and I was the only one who beat him. I honestly don't know how he won his earlier games because it's not that great of a list in my opinion... But he was shocked that I burnt dash down in 2 turns.

Resistance soup: Jess/Bastian/Greer/Snap. decent list. I just dragged him into the rocks and made him eat bombs. 

 

That's the trick, you need to get them to engage you where you want to engage. This is a control list, not a jousting list. 

The list has a ton of firepower, it is quite deceiving. 

 

earlier variants:

Regen Wedge: 3-0

Barrage rockets on both: 6-2

Electron bomb on Esege, Plasma on Miranda: 0-2 (I don't even count this as a true variant of the list) 

 

Don't underestimate it... it's better than you think. Just have a plan. 

 

that is great... 

But I seriously don't know how to fly this. 

Like, what's the main idea? 

How did you win the aces ones? Were they easy blocks?

 

Nice wins btw. Good table exp there. Much to learn from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blail Blerg said:

that is great... 

But I seriously don't know how to fly this. 

Like, what's the main idea? 

How did you win the aces ones? Were they easy blocks?

 

Nice wins btw. Good table exp there. Much to learn from. 

This list deserves it's own thread in the Lists section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wazat said:

If waking up the balancers were that easy we'd all be marching back and forth bashing pots together just to be thorough.  They'd get pretty tired of us fast.  ;)

One of my buddies that flies jedi aces lamented that he's basically trapped with his list design.  He has to have R2 or else he's not competing with the lists that do, but he'd really prefer a different list design and playstyle.  Once he was done with the last tournament he switched to flying Luminara with C1-10P (with Anakin + Ric, and R2 on only one ship) and was having great fun with that list.  Once he figured out how to use her, Luminara started being a real monster, jamming foes and nerfing their attacks regularly.  ^_^  I haven't checked, but I assume he'll have to switch back to his standard R2 list for the upcoming Regional on Saturday (though it'd be awesome if the Luminara version feels good enough to gamble on a Regional; I admire the exploration and trickery).

He's hoping for a nerf to R2 simply so he's got more breathing room for listbuilding without giving up his edge against other rebel/republic lists.  And when people feel trapped into taking an option, I hope for a nerf for the same reason.  I like to see diversity on the table, and that opens up a lot more options for designing and perfecting your use of the list and playstyle you love.

And in more selfish terms, I wouldn't cry too much if run&regen weren't such an automatic and highly effective playstyle.  It's kinda tedious to fight.  A 2+ point increase would be welcome.

I agree. I just love my Jedi. 😃 

They give me the bliss of flying. 

But I can understand the irritation of their design. I would have changed a ton of things: 1. Fine Tuned wouldn't work after hitting an obstacle. 2. Regen really should be priced higher. 3. I would have never made Force=calculate with recursion. 
I think this version would still have the essence of the Jedi and their mobility, with less of the crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that some lists you just have to put on the table and feel out.  The K-Wing is one of those ships.  It's good to get a description of how someone else has used it, but a ship like the K-Wing just takes some learning time, whatever the strategic advice.  I tend to fly some ships like an idiot for the first game or two, and after a while I get into the groove and I know where to send everyone round-by-round.

I found Gunboats especially vexing just because they don't play nice with how I would normally prefer to fly.  It's been so long since I touched the K-Wing, and it's such a departure from other ships, IMO I'd want a week or two to practice it before taking it to a serious fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I call this one alley oop

 

Techno Union Bomber (26)    
    Proximity Mines (6)    
    
Ship total: 32  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 3    
    
Techno Union Bomber (26)    
    Proximity Mines (6)    
    
Ship total: 32  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 3    
    
Sun Fac (54)    
    Ensnare (24)    
    
Ship total: 78  Half Points: 39  Threshold: NaN    
    
Chertek (39)    
    Ensnare (10)    
    
Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: NaN    
    
    
Total: 191    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z324XWW70WWY324XWW70WWY357X248WY356X248W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

 

maybe the load of the bombers can change to ESC + proton bombs and take it to 199 points

Edited by HamStarooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wazat said:

flying Luminara with C1-10P (with Anakin + Ric, and R2 on only one ship) and was having great fun with that list.  Once he figured out how to use her, Luminara started being a real monster, jamming foes and nerfing their attacks regularly. 

I've been flying Chop on Obi-Wan, but I can see the value to Luminara too. The evades are great because no-one wants to shoot a Jedi with force/evade at range 3, so they often prioritise other targets, allowing you to get into the mix and start jamming. If they do shoot at you, those evade tokens equate to a shield. 

The issue I have with Chopper is that he paints a 'here are points' flag on the ship he's on ... particularly as the things he is with normally have regen ... but I've always found that I can use that to my advantage as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

I've been flying Chop on Obi-Wan, but I can see the value to Luminara too. The evades are great because no-one wants to shoot a Jedi with force/evade at range 3, so they often prioritise other targets, allowing you to get into the mix and start jamming. If they do shoot at you, those evade tokens equate to a shield. 

The issue I have with Chopper is that he paints a 'here are points' flag on the ship he's on ... particularly as the things he is with normally have regen ... but I've always found that I can use that to my advantage as well. 

Is chopper actually like good value? 

Should he be on the most mobile platforms so you can scurry into R1 or not be shot at nearly every turn? Should it be very high Init at I5 or I6? 

And yeah, I think Regen right now is just so cost effective it really messes up picking chopper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Is chopper actually like good value? 

Should he be on the most mobile platforms so you can scurry into R1 or not be shot at nearly every turn? Should it be very high Init at I5 or I6? 

And yeah, I think Regen right now is just so cost effective it really messes up picking chopper. 

The value of a free jam action followed up by a double modded range 1 shot cannot be understated, the hard part is burning the evades in time to get that power in the mid-end game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I took Chopper to a HST this weekend (full list: CLT Obi + R5, CLT Plo Koon + Chopper, Broadside + ICT, 104th ARC).  Didn't have an amazing record, but definitely had some fun moments with Chopper, and I think it has potential in the hands of a better player.

My strategy during the tournament was to burn both charges in the first two turns so I can Jam ASAP.  I thought about waiting until the initial engagement to use the second charge, but didn't like the idea of having a stressed/predictable dial for the crucial following turn.  

Broadside + ICT & Chopper makes for a great anti-small-ace combo: I killed a tricked-out Poe and a Fenn by ionizing them then Jamming away their Focus on the next turn, which allowed me to put a bunch of damage into them and then easily ionize them again to repeat the process.  Doesn't work as well against Force-using aces though.

The ideal initiative for a Chopper platform is a great question.  High init is nice for the usual reasons, but in my experience it's actually easier to Jam something when you move *before* it, because you know exactly which maneuvers are needed to get within range 1.  Something I'd like to try is CLT Saesee with Chopper; IN 4 ensures you move before IN 5 & 6 aces (the juiciest Jam recipients), and his ability helps avoid blocks (intentional or otherwise) from lower-IN chaff.

Edited by bitsai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Is chopper actually like good value? 

Should he be on the most mobile platforms so you can scurry into R1 or not be shot at nearly every turn? Should it be very high Init at I5 or I6? 

And yeah, I think Regen right now is just so cost effective it really messes up picking chopper. 

I don't know if it's good value in actual practice.  My friend was having a lot of fun and found her to be quite effective, but I haven't checked back in to see how it's performing in the meta overall.  Jedi are not as hurt as other ships are -- they don't necessarily need their tokens -- but they still resent losing their lock for full-mod attacks, or focus/evade for better defense.  Many ships are highly token- or lock-dependent, and they become far less effective or more vulnerable when jammed so trivially.

IMO you want chopper on a highly mobile platform that's moving before your target.  Luminara is a very nice option because she can fine-tuned controls into position before triggering chopper, and she moves before other aces.  As @bitsai said, her lower init means she can dial in exactly the maneuver she needs to get into position.  My buddy says he spends the first charge immediately, then spends the 2nd charge on the round of first engagement for protection.  From then on he's doing what he can to be at range 1 of foes.

If Luminara isn't getting many shots, she's still ripping locks and offense/defense tokens from opponents and making them easy prey for allies.  And her ability takes the bite out of their attacks against your allies -- made even more effective because the jam target doesn't have the ability to mod their attack after she changes a hit to a focus.  Her ability doesn't look like much on paper, but in practice it turned out to be quite strong, adding quite a lot of durability to the team.  She's like a defender's version of Juke, and giving her a jam aura compounds the effect.

As long as regen is the objectively correct choice, it's probably hard to justify chopper (the meta is pretty rigidly locked into regen right now)... but I'd like to think my friend will be ready for when the meta shifts.  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wazat said:

IMO you want chopper on a highly mobile platform that's moving before your target

If you go this route, you're investing around 50 points in a ship that won't be doing much shooting. You can get your jam off easily, but it's very hard to land at r1 of a ship's starting position and have arc (let alone bullseye) on its final position. I've tried chopper on CLT mace and 7B obi. Mace was a nuisance, and Obi was a destroyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night I played the list with Wedge, Esege, and Miranda.  It went well, despite some initial missteps and jitters.  I even beat a (non-cagey) jedi list with Anakin, Obi-wan, and Ion Broadside, though it was frustrating.  I was pretty sure I was losing right until the round where Anakin popped, followed shortly by Obiwan, thanks to bombs' previous crits and shots finally getting that last damage in (it helped a lot that Anakin had structural damage and was rolling no dice against Wedge).  Second game was a casual fight against 3 YV-666s and a Kihraxz fighter; it went much better both because the opponent's fleet was easier, and because I'd gotten used to the list.

Those bombs did a lot of work.  I did get some missiles off, but the way I was playing, I didn't have arc terribly often; they were more useful as a sometimes threat, so I understand downgrading from proton torps.  I preferred to run or strafe and make them give chase; bad idea to joust with this list.

In the first game I completely forgot Sabine, but in the 2nd game she did terrible, terrible things to my foes.

I could definitely feel the limitations of Miranda's ability, but she was still pretty regularly effective.  Esege was a star -- both Wedge and Miranda loved those focuses.  Spending on defense helped a lot, and on offense, Wedge's double-modded shots were crippling.

I did have to fly kinda cagey with Wedge.  He can melt easily and you need him alive.  In the first game, broadside ions were a very serious problem, and one lucky shot cascaded into 3 turns of ionization and eating an enemy proton bomb.  I was very lucky the rest of his fleet was too busy surviving the k-wings to capitalize on this.

Overall a fun and interesting fleet.  A big improvement over what I was doing with Miranda when I flew her.  I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been itching to try some Res. 

Rey (73)
Heightened Perception (3)
Korr Sella (6)
Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)

Nodin Chavdri (36)
Jamming Beam (0)
R4 Astromech (2)

Poe Dameron (68)
Crack Shot (1)
R2 Astromech (4)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

--

Also I stole this sweet build from abandoning ship while pirating: 

(From the NPE thread, @ClassicalMoser, made something awesome) (muahaha) 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
4-LOM (2)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This build sounds good with the 3 180-arcs. Sounds quite good. I would kind of hope for a closer, but I doubt you can get a good closer for 66 points. 

Here's some possible mods. (Look I'm contributing, not just stealing! haha) 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
4-LOM (2)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Cikatro Vizago (1)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Sabine Wren (62)
Shadow Caster (3)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Dengar (56)
Punishing One (8)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

Edited by Blail Blerg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
4-LOM (2)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Cikatro Vizago (1)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Sabine Wren (62)
Shadow Caster (3)
Total: 200

Cik has no value in the list other than filling points since all he could do is swap the Feedback Arrays between the Slavers. He can't transfer one to Sabine since she doesn't have an Illicit upgrade to trade to the ship that the Feedback Array would be coming from.

•Cikatro Vizago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

Been itching to try some Res. 

Rey (73)
Heightened Perception (3)
Korr Sella (6)
Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)

Nodin Chavdri (36)
Jamming Beam (0)
R4 Astromech (2)

Poe Dameron (68)
Crack Shot (1)
R2 Astromech (4)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I like this build.  Rey's Falcon + Korr Sella is solid, and Rey is fairly unburdened so she doesn't price herself out of her pay grade.  Poe looks solid too, and Nodin's a good support.

With two great aces on the team and 200 points, I'm tempted to drop Nodin to a generic and remove Heightened Perception just to get a bid.  But it may not be deep enough to matter, or Nodin and Heightened might be more valuable than going last for repositions, preventing ace shenanigans, and turret aiming.  A well-modded support and Rey firing first might count for a lot.  Needs some testing to know for sure.

I may steal this list at some point; I haven't flown Resistance in quite a while and you've reawakened an itch.

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

Also I stole this sweet build from abandoning ship while pirating: 

(From the NPE thread, @ClassicalMoser, made something awesome) (muahaha) 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
4-LOM (2)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This build sounds good with the 3 180-arcs. Sounds quite good. I would kind of hope for a closer, but I doubt you can get a good closer for 66 points. 

Here's some possible mods. (Look I'm contributing, not just stealing! haha) 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
4-LOM (2)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Cikatro Vizago (1)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Sabine Wren (62)
Shadow Caster (3)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)
Feedback Array (4)
Static Discharge Vanes (8)

Dengar (56)
Punishing One (8)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

Triple hounds or 2 hounds and a master sound fun.  I fought triple hounds a while back but they weren't incredibly effective; I think more practice with the fleet would have helped him, and possibly some rearranging of his fleet (I can't remember what he had).  His conclusion was they needed crew or other tricks to give them the flair they needed to perform.  I'm quite fond of this critter for maximum jank on a hound.  ^_^

I'm more inclined toward 2 hounds and a master than 3 hounds, so there's a hammer to pair with the anvil(s).  Sabine feels good -- remove Cik (who can't help in the fleet) to give Sabine Crack Shot for a clutch round.  But Dengar might be better.  He's an I6 with a mean counterattack, and despite his serious problems with dial & stress, I think he'd be effective enough to perform well and complement the slavers.

Or consider a version with Ketsu, and Latts driving one of the YVs.  Their abilities combine rather nicely vs large ships or multiple small ones, and you still have a Feedback Vanes slaver to play blocker in the front for non-attack damage and passing around ions.  If only there were room for Intimidation on Latts.  :)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    4-LOM (2)    
    Feedback Array (4)    
    Static Discharge Vanes (8)    
Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 6    
    
Latts Razzi (59)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 6    
    
Ketsu Onyo (70)    
    Shadow Caster (3)    
Ship total: 73  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 5    

Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z155X12WW31WWW94W109WY154XW12WWWWWWWY126XWWWWW160&sn=Unsaved Squadron&obs=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wazat said:

I like this build.  Rey's Falcon + Korr Sella is solid, and Rey is fairly unburdened so she doesn't price herself out of her pay grade.  Poe looks solid too, and Nodin's a good support.

With two great aces on the team and 200 points, I'm tempted to drop Nodin to a generic and remove Heightened Perception just to get a bid.  But it may not be deep enough to matter, or Nodin and Heightened might be more valuable than going last for repositions, preventing ace shenanigans, and turret aiming.  A well-modded support and Rey firing first might count for a lot.  Needs some testing to know for sure.

I may steal this list at some point; I haven't flown Resistance in quite a while and you've reawakened an itch.

Someone mentioned my Nodin doesn't do squat. So you still gotta figure out a good 3rd ship. (I really don't think 2 ship is the right call for ResFalcon) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wazat said:

Or consider a version with Ketsu, and Latts driving one of the YVs.  Their abilities combine rather nicely vs large ships or multiple small ones, and you still have a Feedback Vanes slaver to play blocker in the front for non-attack damage and passing around ions.  If only there were room for Intimidation on Latts.  :)

Trandoshan Slaver (54)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    4-LOM (2)    
    Feedback Array (4)    
    Static Discharge Vanes (8)    
Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 6    
    
Latts Razzi (59)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 6    
    
Ketsu Onyo (70)    
    Shadow Caster (3)    
Ship total: 73  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 5    

Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z155X12WW31WWW94W109WY154XW12WWWWWWWY126XWWWWW160&sn=Unsaved Squadron&obs=

THAT's NICE. I like that! Sounds darn powerful! 

Sadly I actually only have 1 hound and 0 Star Trek looking thingies. 

---

At a glance, I prefer your list here. Though dengar looks kinda nasty too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't Nodin be useful?  Her coordinate is granting Rey Focus + Lock (I've found Rey burns through her two force quite quickly), or a focus/lock before she rotates her arc or boosts.  Including a support ship is granting Rey a lot of action versatility, Poe can benefit quite a lot from it too (either triple actions, or 2 actions without stressing him).  And occasionally Nodin can move into range 1 and jam foes, stripping the locks or tokens they need.

Maybe they're saying she's not worth the points, or she's too delicate or slow to keep up and contribute long-term?

 

An alternative could be Tallissan with Crack Shot and Heroic, granting you a 3rd ace.

Edit: Finn Pod is also a solid choice.

Edited by Wazat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wazat said:

Why wouldn't Nodin be useful?  Her coordinate is granting Rey Focus + Lock (I've found Rey burns through her two force quite quickly), or a focus/lock before she rotates her arc or boosts.  Including a support ship is granting Rey a lot of action versatility, Poe can benefit quite a lot from it too (either triple actions, or 2 actions without stressing him).  And occasionally Nodin can move into range 1 and jam foes, stripping the locks or tokens they need.

Maybe they're saying she's not worth the points, or she's too delicate or slow to keep up and contribute long-term?

 

An alternative could be Tallissan with Crack Shot and Heroic, granting you a 3rd ace.

Edit: Finn Pod is also a solid choice.

My concern was consistency. With a red coordinate, the use of Nodin’s ability would put him out of support action for two turns. Considering his ability would probably be used for defensive mods (or a spiteful jam when death is certain), I worry that he’ll get Rey double mods infrequently. As I stated back in the other thread where this discussion with @Blail Blerg happened, that concern can be fixed by moving Korr over to Nodin. But, then you don’t have Korr for Rey. 
I don’t mean to say I think it has no merit, I just worry that it won’t be able to coordinate Rey enough to be worth it. I certainly would not discourage anyone from trying it out, if they wished and would be happy to be proven wrong.

I did recommend in Nodin’s place a generic transport with Tac Officer for the same points to fill the support role, or a Blue Squadron Recruit with Heroic and Advanced optics for a mobile blocker with some tricks. I agree that a Crack Heroic Tallie is a good option. I’m not sure about Finn Pod as the third wheel of the list, but he is a Big Deal, so I may be overly pessimistic on that. Assuming Heroic Finn, that’s 8 more points to play with. Plus, the thematic element of fielding Poe, Rey, and Finn is appealing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

My concern was consistency. With a red coordinate, the use of Nodin’s ability would put him out of support action for two turns. Considering his ability would probably be used for defensive mods (or a spiteful jam when death is certain), I worry that he’ll get Rey double mods infrequently. As I stated back in the other thread where this discussion with @Blail Blerg happened, that concern can be fixed by moving Korr over to Nodin. But, then you don’t have Korr for Rey. 
I don’t mean to say I think it has no merit, I just worry that it won’t be able to coordinate Rey enough to be worth it. I certainly would not discourage anyone from trying it out, if they wished and would be happy to be proven wrong.

I did recommend in Nodin’s place a generic transport with Tac Officer for the same points to fill the support role, or a Blue Squadron Recruit with Heroic and Advanced optics for a mobile blocker with some tricks. I agree that a Crack Heroic Tallie is a good option. I’m not sure about Finn Pod as the third wheel of the list, but he is a Big Deal, so I may be overly pessimistic on that. Assuming Heroic Finn, that’s 8 more points to play with. Plus, the thematic element of fielding Poe, Rey, and Finn is appealing. 

I might go with a generic non-Nodin support even without tac officer.  Slow-rolling and red coordinating works alright since it can clear the stress most rounds with R4 Astro.

That grants 4 extra points for a bid or for more rey shenanigans.  Giving her Contraband Cybernetics seems appealing, given how well Korr Blimey can deal with the stress.  Or just a shield upgrade.  Or toss out Heightened Perception for a respectable 7 point bid for those aces.  Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...