Blail Blerg

Call for suggestions: What are you having fun with that we should try??

Soontir

Mauler Mithel

Del Meeko 

2X Black Squadron Aces. 

Different mixes of upgrades as I fine tune it, but its been really fun to play that out.

Mauler with Trick Shot

2 Black Squadrons with Intimidate 

I switch up Del's upgrades and Soontir's too.

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

I'll have to try Tavson to see if those 8 points really benefit there. Generally I find it not necessary to buff the Upsilon's damage. 

The main thing with Tavson is not buffing his damage, but buffing EVERYTHING ELSE!

A big one is the reinforce. Coord is huge. If something does land in his arc  it does not want to shoot him, it's win/win for Tavson.

He's head and shoulders above the other pilots.

Fun fact. Parked at R3 of an actionless Tavson with Precog Vader the other day, a lock on out-of-range Kylo. I even picked up my 2 red dice and went to roll them, before it occurred to me.....

Edited by Cuz05

Ok, found something I want to try for the Ys. Its a bit lean on the Y toys, and thrown into a shell I know very well of course. 

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

"Broadside" (36)
Snap Shot (7)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Clone Commander Cody (3)
R4 Astromech (2)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Sense (5)
R5 Astromech (4)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)

Ric Olié (42)
Daredevil (3)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

23 hours ago, GringoFett said:

Soontir

Mauler Mithel

Del Meeko 

2X Black Squadron Aces. 

Different mixes of upgrades as I fine tune it, but its been really fun to play that out.

Mauler with Trick Shot

2 Black Squadrons with Intimidate 

I switch up Del's upgrades and Soontir's too.

I support Meeko. But from my experience, Gideon is more relevant than Mauler. 

But then again, yes Mauler is an I5...

I have been having fun with this: 

Han Solo (71)
Heroic (1)
Leia Organa (19)

Nodin Chavdri (36)
Autoblasters (2)
Korr Sella (6)
R4 Astromech (2)

Ello Asty (56)
Outmaneuver (6)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Jamming Beam (0)
Total: 199

Not particularly powerful, but it messes with target priority and initial deployment.

Last night I flew two nantexes in a casual game and had a blast!

Petranaki Arena Ace (38)    
    Snap Shot (7)    
    Ensnare (10)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: NaN    

Chertek (39)    
    Snap Shot (7)    
    Ensnare (10)    

Ship total: 56  Half Points: 28  Threshold: NaN    

Bombardment Drone (32)    
    Trajectory Simulator (10)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    
    Proximity Mines (6)    
    Delayed Fuses (1)    
    Landing Struts (1)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

DFS-311 (23)    
    Discord Missiles (4)    
    Grappling Struts (1)    
    Shield Upgrade (6)    

Ship total: 34  Half Points: 17  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z354X256W248Y356X256W248Y325X114W69W70W236W237Y337X224W208W165&sn=Nantex Shenanigans&obs=

I never remembered to use Snap Shot, but its threat might have directed some cautious movements.  The real stars of the show were Ensnare and Bombardment Drone.  I ensnared allies into position and enemies into bad spots, frequently lining up great shots.  I'm surprised at how many bullseye shots I could line up thanks to ensnare, though maybe that was just a lot of good fortune.  Those proton bombs were great -- I started in a joust position and launched a fused proton bomb, then rolled to the side and ensnared the drone forward so next round it could launch another bomb to where the opponent's ships were turning to escape the first bomb, doing some solid damage.  I then reloaded and turned away, and swung around for more shenanigans (hoping to launch a prox mine 1 forward in the path of Guri, but the fight was over before that).  Oh, and Butterbot did manage to discord an opponent thanks to a helpful Ensnare reposition, but the target died from shots before buzz droids could hurt it.  ;)

Also, I learned that Deadman's Switch does not hurt buzz droids, because it was never errata'd to damage both ships and drones.  Huh.

I think I'll remove snap shot and go for crack shot or something similar.  But overall these ships are fantastic.  Between them and hyenas, they've made separatists a very fun faction.  Kinda the non-nerfed scum, in a way.  (poor scum)  O_o

I foresee myself abusing many shenanigans with this faction in the future!

It looks like a fun list. very entertaining. I love bombardment drone. Is fuses worth using?

Dropping snaps and shield does give room for another vulture. Dunno if that's helpful tho. 

Petranaki Arena Ace (38)
Ensnare (10)

Chertek (39)
Ensnare (10)

Bombardment Drone (32)
Proton Bombs (5)
Proximity Mines (6)
Delayed Fuses (1)
Landing Struts (1)

DFS-311 (23)
Discord Missiles (4)
Grappling Struts (1)

Trade Federation Drone (19)

I like fuses quite a bit.  With proton bombs and tragedy sim they allow me to set up a "no go" area where ships -- particularly delicate ships like vultures -- are loathe to rush into next round.  This lets me plan a bit better on how the opponent will move next round; if they decide to just charge through, the damage is a nice bonus.  They're also extremely helpful with proximity mines.  I can drop the mine on an ally or in front of where I'm about to move, and just put a timer on it so it doesn't burst on me.  Then when the opponent hits it, they take the damage.

Excellent, another vulture is usually pretty helpful; I would actually transfer discord over to that one, since butterbot usually wants to share his calc token instead of spend it.  I'm also inclined to spend the init bid on grappling struts.

Maybe I should drop one of the Nantex to the bottom init too, for a better blocker and to free up a few points...?

Maybe something like this:

Gorgol (36)    
    Ensnare (10)    

Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: NaN    

Chertek (39)    
    Ensnare (10)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: NaN    

Bombardment Drone (32)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    
    Proximity Mines (6)    
    Delayed Fuses (1)    
    Landing Struts (1)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

DFS-311 (23)    
    Grappling Struts (1)    

Ship total: 24  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

Trade Federation Drone (19)    
    Discord Missiles (4)    
    Grappling Struts (1)    

Ship total: 24  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z355X248Y356X248W116Y325X114W69W70W236W237Y337XW208WY279X224W208W&sn=Nantex Shenanigans&obs=

I like the shenanigans possible with Gorgol... even if my bombardment drone isn't damaged, I could disarm Gorgol to tractor the drone right before it launches its bomb or mine.  That has so much potential... it's like a decloak except I can still drop or launch payloads!

C1-10P on Obi-Wan/Mace/Any other 2+ force Jedi is money, huge fun to whizz about the board throwing jam around. It's like a massacre in a fruit factory.

Similarly - lil Ani with Passive sensors and torps is really good, and he is a lot of fun to fly. 

1 hour ago, Dreadai said:

Similarly - lil Ani with Passive sensors and torps is really good, and he is a lot of fun to fly. 

Collision Detector, Trick Shot and Torps pushes his price up quite unacceptably, but oh holy joy, it's amusing. 

Particularly with Plo throwing him a focus when he locks.

I've tried this recently and it was fun/solid:

- Old Teroch (Fearless)
- Palob Godalhi (Moldy Crow)
- 4-LOM (Zuckuss)
- Captain Seevor
198 points

A variant adding the Mist Hunter title and Jamming Beam cannon to 4-LOM could be interesting as well. I was looking for control without using any tractoring (I really don't like the tractor effects in general in the game).

I flew the list I posted above and it's fun, but unfortunately one of the techniques I was using probably isn't valid.  I was using Gorgol to tractor the Hyena before it dropped/launched payloads, but the Rules Forum concluded I can't do that if the hyena isn't damaged.  Apparently Dalan is still the only precedent we have for such a situation, so if you can't do everything in an ability, you can't do the ability at all.  That's potentially going to suck for Deathfire -- don't give him cluster missiles or any other way to make a bonus attack, as it could prevent him dropping a payload on death.  It's all very uncertain unless FFG weighs in.

So no more disarming gorgol to adjust the hyena to precisely drop a mine or launch a proton bomb.  I can still use normal nantex tractoring to adjust the bomber at the end of activation, and if they survive, they can drop/launch next system phase.  But that was my big reason to include gorgol, so it's probably time to replace him unless I find myself needing to repair system crits often.  This is a list with no shields so you'd think I'd need that, but by the time I'm taking serious crits I'm usually dead.  ;)

Lately I have had some success and a lot of fun with this:

Wat Tambor

• Predator
  • Shield Upgrade
  • Soulless One
  • Kraken

3x Precise Hunter

• Energy Shell Charges
  • Munitions Failsafe
  • Grappling Struts

Separatists Bomber

• Energy Shell Charges
  • Proximity Mines
  • Munitions Failsafe
  • Struts

198 points.  

I haven't gotten many games in, so I'm still in full nantex abuse mode. Anyone have lists they think rule them all? 

I've tried 4 PS4 variant. Hmm. actually did not do so well vs Jedi. 

Who has other really good ones? 

Is this Sun Chertek Grevious list really that good? 

Esege Tuketu (45)
Barrage Rockets (8)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Proton Bombs (5)

Miranda Doni (43)
Diamond-Boron Missiles (6)
Han Solo (14)
Sabine Wren (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Seismic Charges (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

I really really like this list. Went 3-1 at my last tournament with it and the one I lost was my fault. I had it in the bag and did the stupid maneuver that cost me the game. So not only is it fun, it is actually competitive.  But does require strategy and forethought from turn 0 to the end game. You really need to know your win condition before rocks are placed, and you need to do everything possible to engage where YOU want to engage. 

Typical deployment for me is to have Esege just short of R2 from a corner and Miranda right up against the board Edge. Wedge faces Esege about 1 base away from him on the bottom edge. Depending on rock placement first move is 3 forward, 3 forward slam, Wedge 3 hards in and stays near the board edge being cagey. Turn in depending on where you predict the engagement too happen and keep Wedge in behind Miranda (so almost a conga line of Esege, Miranda, Wedge). When you think you are on the engage turn always approach at a 45 degree angle to give you the best chance of Miranda getting her double tap off. Then you start closing off paths with bombs and just circling like sharks. Wedge is always cagey and saved for the end game, only engaging at R3 if he can unless he's not getting shot and is in a good position to escape the next round. 

It's a stupid amount of fun, controls a lot of space on the board, and you are doing damage almost every turn, and creating hard decisions for your opponents. I really like using the bombs to corral my opponent where I want them to go, even if Miranda or Wedge takes a shield, it's worth it for the kill box!

22 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Esege Tuketu (45)
Barrage Rockets (8)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Proton Bombs (5)

Miranda Doni (43)
Diamond-Boron Missiles (6)
Han Solo (14)
Sabine Wren (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Seismic Charges (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

I really really like this list. Went 3-1 at my last tournament with it and the one I lost was my fault. I had it in the bag and did the stupid maneuver that cost me the game. So not only is it fun, it is actually competitive.  But does require strategy and forethought from turn 0 to the end game. You really need to know your win condition before rocks are placed, and you need to do everything possible to engage where YOU want to engage. 

Typical deployment for me is to have Esege just short of R2 from a corner and Miranda right up against the board Edge. Wedge faces Esege about 1 base away from him on the bottom edge. Depending on rock placement first move is 3 forward, 3 forward slam, Wedge 3 hards in and stays near the board edge being cagey. Turn in depending on where you predict the engagement too happen and keep Wedge in behind Miranda (so almost a conga line of Esege, Miranda, Wedge). When you think you are on the engage turn always approach at a 45 degree angle to give you the best chance of Miranda getting her double tap off. Then you start closing off paths with bombs and just circling like sharks. Wedge is always cagey and saved for the end game, only engaging at R3 if he can unless he's not getting shot and is in a good position to escape the next round. 

It's a stupid amount of fun, controls a lot of space on the board, and you are doing damage almost every turn, and creating hard decisions for your opponents. I really like using the bombs to corral my opponent where I want them to go, even if Miranda or Wedge takes a shield, it's worth it for the kill box!

Haven't played anything like this before. 

Can you tell us what are the win cons? 

What does the list do? 

Also no Regen on Wedge?? me skeptical

Otherwise, a rather rousing idea. I have 2 Ks I don't fly like ever. 

I had a casual Miranda with Han Gunner list at one point.  I liked it because Han worked pretty well with her ability (either make a 3-4 dice attack, or drop to 1 for shield regen, all before anyone else shoots), and I used proton torpedoes as her main attack whenever able.  But I found the K-Wing chassis too limiting at the time.  For example, you had better not be relying on munitions, because many lists will never let you get far enough away to slam-turn into a good position again.  And Miranda's ability still didn't feel worth the price.

My list had Garven, Wedge, Miranda (link).  There have been price discounts since then, but also some targeted increases to Han, torps, etc that more than reversed the discounts; overall the list is 13 points over budget now, and already casual.

Regarding @Wiredin's list: Esege sounds better to me than Garven, allowing double mods on both allies' attacks.  That could add some much-needed bite.  Adding bombs means chasing the list is a troublesome idea, letting them control space better.  The list needs that space to get turned around or reload bombs/munitions, etc.  Ideally bombs would make it scary against aces, but I've found jedi and empire aces have little trouble evading bombs unless you can block them or lure them into asteroids, and they like to be cagey enough that you never get that opportunity.  It's likely to give swarms and non-acey ships fits, though, and aces will have to be extra careful about their approach, which should help the list control foes pretty well.

I personally find it detrimental to the game that there is an objectively correct astromech for Wedge; not including shield regen is considered such a bad play that it immediately makes the fleet seem non-viable.  That to me indicates that shield regen is not priced correctly yet.  IMO the list's design seems to be more firepower output and strafing than running away, but Wedge has to do that to some degree wherever he is.  If it's impractical to play Wedge without R2, I'd say remove Miranda's shield upgrade.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Haven't played anything like this before. 

Can you tell us what are the win cons? 

What does the list do? 

Also no Regen on Wedge?? me skeptical

Otherwise, a rather rousing idea. I have 2 Ks I don't fly like ever. 

@Wazat has it right, the list just creates a ton of space and using Esege's focuses for double mods makes the list punch above what you would normally think. Ironically he needs to die first out of your list because Miranda and Wedge are much better in the late game flying as individuals and not being tied to Esege. 

The i7 attack with Miranda is just amazing. Being able to regen before being shot has been incredibly clutch in so many games. My attempt with this is to get to R3 and pot shot 1 die for regen, then swing around and setup the R1 shot and burn the shield.

I find with my list and how I fly it (which is being super cagey with Wedge) that I am usually only down a shield once we get to the end game, and I've only lost Wedge once... and that was in the game I lost (Miranda with 1 missile, 1 proton, 1 seismic and full shields vs a shields down whisper... ended with whisper at 1 hull and Miranda with 3 and I just couldn't close it out.) My average was loosing half on the whole squad, but I only lost 4 ships over two games, and that includes the 3 I lost in my only loss. (Lost Esege in my last match, but I sacrificed him to trap dash and bump him off the board. 

In my second revision of the list I was running regen on wedge with no seismic on Miranda (and no crackshot). I found that I never used the regen over the 5 games I played on that variant. But I did find it was lacking offense so I opted for the extra bombs. The Seismic is great at controlling lanes, taking down swarms, and just general area denial. In my game vs Whisper I was flying between two obstacles, tossed my seismic to blow the one rock while I circled around the other. If whisper went right, she would die by the seismic. if she went left I would have a R1 shot. 

Sabine is also a menace. You know what Sunfac doesn't like? getting seismic'd; and then tractored onto a rock hismelf.  Jedi? They hate being ion'd. Defenders too.  Whisper? She's not a fan of any of the tokens you can hand out. 

The list just has a ton of control, and with the focus sharing you got a good chance of pumping solid damage or keeping the list alive. The K-wings have a huge "no go zone" between the bombs, arcs, and missiles. 

When setting up, just create bigger lanes in the rocks for the K-wings and engage in the rocks. Blow them up as you go along forcing the enemy into bomb **** or to disengage/sub optimal positions. 

your win condition is having them kill Esege first (and they will once they see the combo). After that Wedge and Miranda are more independent and would have already done a lot of damage. 

Edited by Wiredin

I don't find Wedge needs regen at all, especially in this squad. In fact I don't know the last time I put regen on any X other than Luke. The extra shield on Miranda is super useful and in one variant where I had Plasma's on Miranda without shield upgrade I noticed it missing very fast. 

Sounds good.  Though I should point out that I'd expect to rarely get to tractor Sun Fac because he'll see it coming and tractor himself.  Each ship only moves the first time it's tractored each round.

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

@Wazat has it right, the list just creates a ton of space and using Esege's focuses for double mods makes the list punch above what you would normally think. Ironically he needs to die first out of your list because Miranda and Wedge are much better in the late game flying as individuals and not being tied to Esege. 

The i7 attack with Miranda is just amazing. Being able to regen before being shot has been incredibly clutch in so many games. My attempt with this is to get to R3 and pot shot 1 die for regen, then swing around and setup the R1 shot and burn the shield.

<snip>

Hmm... I find it pretty awful to get aces to hit bombs also... so I think that's not going to end well. 

And I still find it hard to believe this list is going to get the job done against punchier lists at higher initiative. 

---

1 hour ago, Wazat said:

I personally find it detrimental to the game that there is an objectively correct astromech for Wedge; not including shield regen is considered such a bad play that it immediately makes the fleet seem non-viable.  That to me indicates that shield regen is not priced correctly yet. 

Shh. You might wake up the balancers. 

(Yeah. Its totally not priced right. And that's why its such a necessity right now. )

I will be sad when I don't get to use it again, but yeah, I do think the R2 probably should go up 2 points. R2-D2 being one higher than that seems ok right now. I've rarely wanted to go with R2-D2 as rebel still. 

At this point though, its pretty madness to not use it when its sooo good. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Hmm... I find it pretty awful to get aces to hit bombs also... so I think that's not going to end well. 

And I still find it hard to believe this list is going to get the job done against punchier lists at higher initiative. 

7 games under my belt with this variation (made a mistake earlier with how many I've done with it...)

Obi/Ani/Ric - win. Actually caught Ani on a bump, tractored him onto a debris cloud. made him sad

2 Defenders Sigma - win. fairly easy matchup. 

Sinker swarm - win. apparently if you use bombs to disperse the torrents so they can't get the sinker rerolls the list falls apart?

RAC/Whisper - loss. This guy is taking this list to worlds, has been practicing it steady for about 5-6 weeks. It's really nasty and he has a total of 3 losses with it, including Vassal.  A top 6 SOS player. So no slouch. Came down to the final die roll and a single mistake on my part. He will be the first to admit he had no business winning it. Rac lived 4 turns, including the first turn of movement.

Vader/Soontir/Echo - win. Was a very tough match however. Really required me to hide in the rocks and use them to my advantage to avoid death. 

Dash/Ezra - he went 3-1 at the last tournament and I was the only one who beat him. I honestly don't know how he won his earlier games because it's not that great of a list in my opinion... But he was shocked that I burnt dash down in 2 turns.

Resistance soup: Jess/Bastian/Greer/Snap. decent list. I just dragged him into the rocks and made him eat bombs. 

That's the trick, you need to get them to engage you where you want to engage. This is a control list, not a jousting list. 

The list has a ton of firepower, it is quite deceiving. 

earlier variants:

Regen Wedge: 3-0

Barrage rockets on both: 6-2

Electron bomb on Esege, Plasma on Miranda: 0-2 (I don't even count this as a true variant of the list) 

Don't underestimate it... it's better than you think. Just have a plan. 

Edited by Wiredin