Sign in to follow this  
Burgie1996

Extra Action Deck

I’m looking into building a Skids deck which is heavy with cards that get you extra actions. The obvious being Leo De Luca. The reason I’m using Skids is because his investigator ability allows you to do just that by spending resources. 

What other cards can gain you extra actions?

1 minute ago, Burgie1996 said:

Purely out of interest let’s say any 

Well, Running Shoes give you potentially an extra movement. Pathfinder gives you extra movement. Borrowed Time lets you transfer actions from one turn to another. Upgraded .41 Derringer gives you a potential extra action. Guidance lets a Seeker give an action to someone else.

Quick Thinking has the potential to give you an extra action, two if combined with Double or Nothing. Ace in the Hole and Gold Pocket Watch both give three extra actions, more for GPW if you have Leo and use Skids’ ability again. Pay Day synergies well with extra actions too, but it doesn’t grant any itself.

Well,  if extra actions is your thing, probably the best idea for you is to instead focus on cards that give you money, so you can fuel Skids' ability more often.  Emergency Cache, Lone Wolf, and Hot Streak, Pay Day would be good for this.  Gold Pocket Watch and Ace in the Hole are nice extra action cards.  

Theoretically Skidd's can prolly mount more actions then anybody else.

Practically it's gotta be Jenny or Wendy. 

The actions in question are: Quick thinking. Leo De Luca, Ace in the Hole, a new card in the next Mythos pack, Track shoes, Pathfinder, Skids and Ursula, Elli Horowitz (tutoring and playing a Relic feels like a lot of actions in one). There are probably more but I forget.

Jenny has cash to spend on her assets and she can tech in extra actions in from elsewhere and with XP, focusing purely on action count is gonna get you a lot of failed tests and not much benefit though. 

Wendy can get a lot of actions per round and has abilities and cards that a bit more easily leverage into beaten tests, stack quick thinking on top and youre golden.

I think people are discounting fast events.  Some of them are basically extra actions during your turn.

Good examples that skids can take.

• Evidence
  • Elusive
  • If it Bleeds
  • Sleight of Hand

I think there is also a rogue gun that gives you extra actions if you pass by a wide margin. I think it's an xp card though, you would also probably want the pocketwatch. Slight of hand can also save you actions because it is fast.

lvl 2 .41 derringer.

Edited by Soakman

We did a thought experiment on these forums trying to maximize the # of actions in one turn. People have mentioned the major takeaways, which I summarize here:

Police Badge

Double or Nothing/Quick Thinking combo

Ace in the Hole

.41 Derringer (2)

Fast cards

It really ramps up when your friends are contributing their own Police Badge(s).

Borrowed Time and Guidance are net zero action cards but can create a bursty turn of many actions for one investigator.

Gold Pocket Watch to skip Mythos Phase sorta gives everyone another 3 actions and resets Skids' OPT ability, so that is probably the wisest use, but directly repeating the Investigator Phase is also an option.