On 5/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, player4054054 said:

@Sorastro, here is my first painted mini ever¬†ūüéȬ†Picture is terrible, and I know I made mistakes, but I'm super happy with the result! We played the day after, and it was really cool seeing how it looks good with a painted mini. Thanks so much for your videos, would never have tried without. Looking forward to paint the other minis (+ I also have Imperial Assault waiting patiently ūüôĄ) and your next videos¬†ūüėĀ

Outstanding work my friend! ¬†Nothing pleases or impresses me more than to see someone new to the hobby painting to such a nice standard, and¬†also having the courage to share their work. ¬†(Also, if¬†it‚Äôs any comfort, my¬†own LOTR minis are full of inaccuracies!) ūüėÄ

Posted (edited)

What is this devilry!

Nice wights! I have always been fond of old, dirty, rusted, ripped, worn things in miniatures and movies. It gives some character and reliability to those character that have it. They have not just stayed at home, They have done something in meanwhile that has caused some wear and tear!

Edited by Hannibal_pjv

On 5/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, Hannibal_pjv said:

What is this devilry!

Nice wights! I have always been fond of old, dirty, rusted, ripped, worn things in miniatures and movies. It gives some character and reliability to those character that have it. They have not just stayed at home, They have done something in meanwhile that has caused some wear and tear!

Thanks mate!  There are a couple of things I can rarely resist when painting minis - OSL and a nice bit of weathering. :)

Yes! I just started on the first video,  and laid down the skin and armor tonight. Never painted anything before, but I’m really enjoying it. I skipped ahead to see the Troll and I can’t wait to get there! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

On 5/31/2019 at 5:14 AM, rexeven2 said:

Yes! I just started on the first video,  and laid down the skin and armor tonight. Never painted anything before, but I’m really enjoying it. I skipped ahead to see the Troll and I can’t wait to get there! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Thank you!  I'm really glad you're enjoying the process :)

On 6/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, BushidoCougar said:

Have you tried painting with the new Contrast Colours from GW?

Hi!  I had a play with them for around an hour at my FLGS and my initial impressions are somewhat mixed.  I'll probably pick them up and spend some more time with them at some point, but I'm not in any rush. :)

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the great videos Sorastro!  I finally decided to tackle painting the hill troll.  I never painted miniatures before finding your videos and pdf's.  I love your imperial assault videos too.  Just wanted to say thank you.  Also, this game is awesome, and I can't wait to see where it takes us.  Hopefully all the way to mordor!

Mountain Troll.jpg

Edited by benrp

On 8/30/2019 at 2:37 AM, benrp said:

Thanks for the great videos Sorastro!  I finally decided to tackle painting the hill troll.  I never painted miniatures before finding your videos and pdf's.  I love your imperial assault videos too.  Just wanted to say thank you.  Also, this game is awesome, and I can't wait to see where it takes us.  Hopefully all the way to mordor!

Hi benrp! 

Thanks for the kind words, and for sharing your awesome troll - I love it! :)