chr335

BARC Speeder and Destroyer droids

Okay so these two units are being released for the upcoming core set lets speculate on the stats for these.

My guess first up the BARC will have default weapons similar to the speeder bike.  The side car I am not sure but it looks like we have at least two options probably an anti vehicle, an anti infantry, and generalist probably comparable to the ATRT.  Defense dice will be white.

Destroyer droids I imagine will have red and black dice for attack with red defense dice and possibly a shield equipment upgrade similar to what sabine has

Posted (edited)

I swear I saw some pictures from a case at adepticon that had a clone in the sidecar carrying a rocket launcher. While the rendered turntable image had a mounted blaster, so The BARC is going to be, I think, a cross between the imperial speeder and the at-rt.

I believe you can also have it without the sidecar.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I swear I saw some pictures from a case at adepticon that had a clone in the sidecar carrying a rocket launcher. While the rendered turntable image had a mounted blaster, so The BARC is going to be, I think, a cross between the imperial speeder and the at-rt.

Can confirm that you can use without a sidecar.   This was mentioned in the stream. 

12 hours ago, FSD said:

Alex also mentioned the BARC sidecar can turn backwards and therefore shoot out of the rear arc 

Yes and he also said naked the BARC will be 70 points.

Fun fact: BARC can shoot out of the Back-ARC 😉

2 hours ago, Taiowaa said:

Yes and he also said naked the BARC will be 70 points.

Fun fact: BARC can shoot out of the Back-ARC 😉

alex only said about 70 points but the way he said it he wasn't sure on exact point lock in yet as he is already played test that months ago. also the barc is able to shoot backwards thanks to a add on (don't ask how i know i just good.)

16 hours ago, chr335 said:

Okay so these two units are being released for the upcoming core set lets speculate on the stats for these.

My guess first up the BARC will have default weapons similar to the speeder bike.  The side car I am not sure but it looks like we have at least two options probably an anti vehicle, an anti infantry, and generalist probably comparable to the ATRT.  Defense dice will be white.

The bike has three weapon options, we know from the product description of the new core set that it comes with the blaster seen on the side car in the preview, a rocket launcher, and an ion weapon from the product description. So the blaster will likely be a mix between the AT-RT rotary gun and the blaster that the X-34 can take, the rocket launcher will be the long range impact option and possible not locked to the fore and rear arcs and may or may not exhaustible, and the ion gun will be an exhaustible weapon like always. 

15 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Yea some mix between the AT-RT and Speeder bike makes sense.

2 hours ago, DewbackScout said:

Fun ... but not a Dewwback.

What's the Republic and CIS creature choice, anyway?

My guess for the Republic's creature trooper is Twi'lek Rebels on Blurgs, while the CIS one will be the Geonosians on Orrays.

12 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Here we go:

Screenshot_824.jpg

with rocket launcher in sidecar, compared to mounted gun.

swl48_animation.gif

Do you have any other close-ups from adepticon?

Posted (edited)

I don’t think the BARC will have white defense dice. The Speederbikes presumably have white dice because the Scout Troopers have white dice and the Speederbikes don’t offer any protection (other than cover 1 for moving fast). Since the clones have red defense dice, the BARC should also have red defense dice and cover 1.

Alex Davy did say that the BARC moves slower with the side car on it, so I wonder if that will take away the cover 1, but give something like Armour 1 or 2.

Do we know if there is going to be 1 or 2 minis in the unit? I’m guessing 1, and I wonder if adding the side car adds more health. You are adding another mini to the unit, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t have more health.

As far as the weapon on the BARC itself, some sources say it has a light blaster Cannon, others say it’s a twin light blaster Cannon. If it’s the latter, then it’s probably the same as the 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon on the AT-ST, but it might be a different model, so it could be almost anything. The AT-ST’s weapon is range 1-3, Impact 1, and one of each die.

Edited by JediPartisan

20 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I don’t think the BARC will have white defense dice. The Speederbikes presumably have white dice because the Scout Troopers have white dice and the Speederbikes don’t offer any protection (other than cover 1 for moving fast). Since the clones have red defense dice, the BARC should also have red defense dice and cover 1.

Alex Davy did say that the BARC moves slower with the side car on it, so I wonder if that will take away the cover 1, but give something like Armour 1 or 2.

Do we know if there is going to be 1 or 2 minis in the unit? I’m guessing 1, and I wonder if adding the side car adds more health. You are adding another mini to the unit, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t have more health.

As far as the weapon on the BARC itself, some sources say it has a light blaster Cannon, others say it’s a twin light blaster Cannon. If it’s the latter, then it’s probably the same as the 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon on the AT-ST, but it might be a different model, so it could be almost anything. The AT-ST’s weapon is range 1-3, Impact 1, and one of each die.

BARC appears to be a 1 model unit, seeing as there is only one in the box.

I disagree with your dice assumptions, the AT-ST and T-47 also have white defense dice, but do not have exposed riders that would normally have white dice. Also, the rider is a smaller target than the bike itself. I know RotJ showed speederbikes to be fairly fragile blowing up after a few heavy blaster pistol shots iirc, which probably has more to do with the white dice since they don't appear to be armour plated.

25 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

BARC appears to be a 1 model unit, seeing as there is only one in the box.

I disagree with your dice assumptions, the AT-ST and T-47 also have white defense dice, but do not have exposed riders that would normally have white dice. Also, the rider is a smaller target than the bike itself. I know RotJ showed speederbikes to be fairly fragile blowing up after a few heavy blaster pistol shots iirc, which probably has more to do with the white dice since they don't appear to be armour plated.

Unfortunately we have to wait several months to find out.😭😬😵

Ok, maybe it will only be a few more weeks for another article, but it’ll feel like months.😊

For the destroyer droids, will their blasters be range 2 or 3? And will they be speed-3 rolling and speed 1 unfurled? I can imagine them having plodding while unfurled and some form of cumbersome for when they're changing forms. 

2 hours ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

For the destroyer droids, will their blasters be range 2 or 3? And will they be speed-3 rolling and speed 1 unfurled? I can imagine them having plodding while unfurled and some form of cumbersome for when they're changing forms. 

I think some form of reconfigure would be the easiest way to handle changing forms.  It would allow them to print the different stats on the back side of the card and it would take an action to flip.  This would prevent someone from using the greater speed of the rolling form and the attack in the same round without some way of getting more than 2 actions a round.