Sign in to follow this  
OberMatthew

Some Titles

Hi guys, how are you?

I'm here another time to ask you how this title works, without misunderstanding.

ISD

Avenger = does not work with the defense tokens targeted by acc, only against "red" exhausted

Devastator = very expensive. i don't know how to use this ability ...

Relentless = i play a ISD as an arquitens?

NEBULON

Salvation = if i change the red dice with blacks (using sato) can i count on the HIT CRIT icons as 3 damage for each die?

CR-90

Jaina's Light = if i overlap with an obstacle, do i suffer any damage?

MC80 Liberty

Mon Karren = is there a way to elude this restriction?

That's all, thanks forward!

Posted (edited)

Hi!

Avenger:  As you say, it only prevents the spending of red defense tokens (including red tokens targeted by an accuracy.)  It has been changed to an exhaust, so you can’t use it for both attacks.

Devastator:  Devastator gets “angry” when its defense tokens are discarded.  Once per round, it gets to add a blue die to its attack pool for every defense token it has discarded entirely.  You can do this at any range, and you may even do it while attacking one specific squadron you really hate.  A sneaky way to use Devastator is to Intel Officer your own token while attacking, then use Vader to burn that token, then add the blue die to that very same attack.

Relentless: Yes, in that you have two command dials.

Salvation: Yes.  The hard part is dealing with blanks and evades, but it’s tons of fun when it works.

Jaina’s Light: No.  Nor will it obstruct your attacks.  Dust fields still stop you from shooting, though.

Mon Karren:  Not currently.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

6 minutes ago, OberMatthew said:

Thanks for the precise and complete answer jabbawokie ;) Can you advice me some post where i can find a build with devastator title?

Here's mine.  I never got around to testing it, though.  It's important to keep enough tokens to not die; definitely the brace and probably one redirect.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Kylemcph240 said:

Well to the Mon Karen question, I guess you could take boarding team Vader and remove it. That would really be the only way i can think of

Brunson, Lando and Targeting scramblers can get you effects similar to (or better than) evades which could compound with your one allowed brace or redirect.

Med Team and Lira Wessex sort-of get you a contain like benefit in some circumstances.

Edited by Mad Cat

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, OberMatthew said:

Thanks for the precise and complete answer jabbawokie ;) Can you advice me some post where i can find a build with devastator title?

@thecactusman17 wrote a great article about using Devastator a couple of years ago. I haven't read it lately to see if it still holds up, but it was very nicely put together. Here is a link to that one: